Cottage in Sanguinet, Nr. Arcachon, Aquitaine, Peaceful Village Location
La Brigaille is our much loved family holiday home. It is a traditional Landaise house with many of its original features retained. The house is in a quiet hamlet on the outskirts of Sanguinet, a charming village on the shore of the magnificent lake Cazaux-Sanguinet, which is to the south of the Bassin de Arcachon. The lake is the largest lake in France and has fresh clear water with shallow sandy beaches making it ideal for family holidays and all kinds of water activities including windsurfing and sailing.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Comfortable and well equipped - you seem to have thought of everything.'
'Great garden with plenty of shade to relax in' 'The lake was fantastic.'
'We particularly enjoyed the local festival with good food and music.'
'Ideal for children.' 'Great time - coming again next year!'
Activity and Interests
The beautiful lake Sanguinet Cazaux is only minutes away and is ideal for family holidays. With shallow water around the perimeter, the sandy beaches provide warm bathing and there are good facilities for sailing windsurfing etc elsewhere on the lake. The Atlantic coast with its endless sandy beaches and fantastic surf is 20 minutes drive away. There are many off road cycle tracks.
Easy access from channel ports via Autoroutes - St Malo 360 miles; Airports: Bordeaux 45 mins; Biarritz 1 hour 45 mins. Car hire available at all airports. TGV station 20 mins drive.
Local facilities in Sanguinet include supermarket, bakers, pharmacy, cafes and market; close to the world famous Bordeaux wine regions, including Medoc and St Emillion; Bordeaux (granted World Heritage Site Status in 2007) 45 mins; Dune de Pyla (largest sand dune in Europe) 20 mins; unique Bassin d'Arcachon with its oyster beds and wildlife 20 mins; Pyrenees and Spain 2 hours.
Boats and windsurfers may be hired locally. Four bicycles are available for use free of charge and others may be hired locally and there are cycle routes by the lake and through the forest. There is a fete in the village on most Saturday evenings in the season and other festivals nearby. The village has an excellent market and there are many good restaurants within easy reach. For older children, Aqualand water park at Arcachon Basin provides good family fun.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Ask us to email or post you more detailed information if you wish. Booking will be confirmed on receipt of deposit of £100 per week. The final payment is 2 months prior to date of use. A deposit of £100 for breakages/damage will be taken with the final payment.
Changeover day is Saturday but the owners will be flexible, depending upon bookings and the time of year.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
There is a discount of £50 for a second week. Payment may be made in Euros by arrangement.
Six weeks prior to arrival date
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite shower room to bedroom 1 with washbasin and wc. Shower room with wc and washbasin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 plus baby (3 Bedrooms + travel cot) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite shower room with wash basin and wc. Bedroom 2 with double bed and single bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds and travel cot.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is on one level and the house is well equipped and comfortably furnished. On very hot summer days the thick house walls keep the interior cool. Outside: The house has an enclosed garden with lockable gates for child safety. There is parking within the enclosed area for several cars and a large grassed area for children's play and family relaxation. The garden has trees providing shaded areas. There is outdoor furniture including sun loungers, sun umbrella and barbecue. Utility Room: Larder fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, iron and ironing board, fitted units with Belfast sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: May be provided by arrangement. Other: Covered terrace leading off kitchen with large table and chairs for eating outside.