Villa Reggubo, Praia Del Rey, Nr. Obidos, Silver Coast, Portugal - Quiet Location, 5 Minutes Walk from Beach, nearby 5* Marriott Hotel
Villa Reggubo is fully equipped and used by the owners for most of the winter months. The location is about 5 minutes walk from the clubhouse and the beach, and about 10 minutes from the 5 Star Marriott Hotel, where extensive facilities are available, internet, spa, hairdresser, inside and outside swimming pools, fitness room, and fine restaurants. The all electric kitchen has a dishwasher, cooker, fridge/freezer and microwave, and the utility room has a washing machine and tumble dryer, with separate basin. The main living room is approx 20 x 20 ft with french windows on three sides, leading to a large ground floor terrace and pool. An unusual "internal" garden connects to the living room and gives light and fragrance from its plants. The villa has cable TV (17 channels) and also has Video and DVD equipment. Table tennis table is in the basement and the Webber Barbeque can be located on any of the three terrace levels, which also allow sunbathing at all times of the day.
About the Owner
Retired Engineer and former Director of a family owned security print company, with four married sons and thirteen
grandchildren living in UK and Australia! Villa Reggubo (name reversed is my wife's most used expression on the golf course!) is the third property we have built at Praia del Rey, each one being an improvement on the previous one. We have been renting our properties there since 2002. Before that, we used to rent out an apartment in Morzine in the French Alps. Our son Charlie and his wife Claire own an Alpine chalet in the same village, which they also rent out, all the year round. Details, if you are interested in an Alpine skiing or summer holiday, see Owners Direct, ref. FR7317
Guestbook comments from the owner
Sadly, our time in your villa has come to an end, but what a wonderful time we had whilst here. The living space, the pool, the kitchen all excellent. We loved having a drink before dinner on the balcony, with the ocean behind us! We also tried several of your restaurant recommendations and found them to be very good, and also your surf school and have all got the surfing bug! JP July 2013
This has been a tranquil oasis allowing a complete escape from our hectic exhausting lives! The sun, seaview, fresh breezes, beautiful pool and luxurious accommodation has made our stay perfect. Pure escapism at its best. PS July 2012
'We have just returned from a wonderful holiday in your lovely house... we specially wanted to thank you for making us feel so welcome in advance of our visit.' JMD Tunbridge Wells 2009
'What an incredible villa you have, it has been the perfect home for a fantastic holiday, thank you for the way you made us feel welcome'
JM Denmark 2010
From the Owner
“See Personal Profile”
Activity and Interests
The beaches are within 5 mins. walking distance. Top level surfing and is at Baleal and Peniche (Supertubes) both about 15 mins by car. Or 20 mins by car away is the best windsurfing and kite surfing on Obidos Lagoon, a large sheltered expanse of water which also has dinghy sailing, and fishing. Generally, watersports require wet/dry suits, which are available for hire, as are surf boards. The Atlantic Ocean itself is very powerful with onshore winds, and local advice should be sought.
Lisbon is the nearest airport, about 60 mins by car, along A8 motorway. Oporto is about 2hrs 30 mins. A car is essential. Inexpensive rentals are available from both airports. If arriving by car from UK, Santander and Bilbao are 8-9 hrs drive away, now entirely on motorways.
Serra Del Rey about 3 miles, good for local shopping. Peniche, with supermarkets and fish/vegetable markets. Obidos about 8 miles, touristy shops and a good supermarket, and various festivals throught the year. Caldas da Rainha about 10 miles, the largest local shopping centre. with a new culture centre. Fatima about 40 miles, with its religious centre. Lisbon about 60 miles. Tomar, a beautiful Moorish citadel, about 65 miles. Batalha and Alcobaca cathedrals about 30 & 25 miles away.
Many local restaurants offer excellent value and details are to be found in the villa. There is a shop within Praia Del Rey for essentials, and Serra Del Rey has a good pharmacy, patisserie, newsagent, barber, and hardware shop and mini supermarket. The main shopping is in Peniche and Caldas da Rainha where there are also good vegetable, fruit and fish markets, as well as many supermarkets and fashion/clothing shops.
Among the local activities are golf, tennis, walking, cycling at Praia del Rey, water sports at Baleal/Peniche and Obidos Lagoon.
Boat trips from Peniche Harbour to the historical and nature reserve island of Berlenga, can be made during the summer months, about 45 minutes trip.
The Adventure Club provides a programme of activities for ages up to 16, e.g. canoeing, surfing, cycling, quad biking &c. It also has indoor facilites with various games. There is also a small childrens' playground for toddlers. So....activities for all ages! The Tennis Club has 7 hard courts, with instruction available for all levels, and summer competitions.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
28 Aug 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Cancellation +40 days before arrival 75%, 39 - 30 days 40%, 29 days or less 20%, nil
Saturday during holiday season. Arrival after 4.00 pm and departure by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Additional cleaning/laundry arrangements can be made locally.
Cot/high chair is available and included in the price.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Sea/Coast Local Culture/History Golf/Tennis/Surfing Restaurants Excellent wines/port at very low prices Proximity of Lisbon Views from Villa Peaceful location”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- 180 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, Ensuite bathroom with bath, bidet, shower and dual basins
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, Sofa, ensuite bathroom with WC, shower and single basin
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, With own balcony, and shared facilities
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, Ensuite bathroom with WC, shower and single basin.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with double bed and ensuite bathroom. Bedrooms 2 and 3 with twin beds and ensuite bathroom. Bedroom 4 with twin beds and share shower/WC.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: Very young children will need supervision on terraces and around the pool. Cot and high chair are available, subject to advance reservation. Outside: The garden is well planted with a variety of local flowering bushes and trees. Much of the area is given over to pool terraces and calcada drive area. The private pool is approx 10m. x 5m. and can be heated if required though for the months of June to August this is normally not necessary. It is fenced for the safety of small children. Utility Room: Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer, in basement, and separate basin and clothes drying rack. Additional freezer. Cool boxes for picnics. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels and are included, but not towels for bathing. The property is cleaned before and after lettings and once per week for lettings of more than one week. Additional cleaning can be arranged if required. Other: Internal garden, with french doors to living room and hallway. This gives additional light to the interior of the villa and allows doors to be left open, securely, for cooling in summer.