Town House in Poros Town, Poros Island, Saronic Gulf, Greece - Walking Distance to Harbour, Local Amenities and Beaches
The villa is set amongst the charming maze of Poros old town streets decorated in the typical local style. This makes a perfect holiday house if you want peace and tranquility, and to be close to beaches and the bustling harbour with an abundance of tavernas, shops and local amenities. The house has been interior designed and traditionally decorated in Poros colours using a mix of soft pastel shades and vibrant colours with white. The sheltered bay harbour is a popular stopover for yachtsmen on their way to the islands of the Aegean. There are a couple of beaches within walking distance and secluded beach coves further around the island. Poros Island is about an hour from Pireaus, the port of Athens, by Hydrofoil or 2½ hours from the airport by car. There are antiquities, like the Poseidon Temple to visit on the island and the famous ancient amphitheatre at Epidavros is only an hour’s drive away on the mainland.
About the Owner
We are retired, live in Cornwall and spend as much time as possible on Poros where we now have quite a large circle of friends and acquaintances both Greek, British and European.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Paris, France (2008) – A special thank you for all the little attentions which makes holidays a very pleasant moment. Indeed a lovely place to stay.
East Sussex, UK (2010 & 2011) – The only word we can use is “spectacular”
Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Portland, Oregon, USA (2011) – Easter in Greece was beautiful! The candle procession was lovely and the island was so memorable.
Cologne, Germany (2011) - What a lovely charming home in a great place. The view is to die for!
Sutton Coldfield, UK (2012) - Well appointed house with stunning views over the bay. Situated perfectly for all the local restaurants. When returning to Poros will try to stay here again as we have been spoilt!
Gordon’s Bay, CPT, South Africa (2013 & booked again for 2014) - Perfect ending to a wonderful holiday. We explored this beautiful island and fell in love with it. Hire a quad bike and explore!! People here fantastic and the house WOW-O. Perfect setting and sunsets....Be Back.
From the Owner
“Neither of us had been to this lovely island or this part of the world, until a few years ago when a chance visit led to the decision to purchase a property and spend as much time here as our situation would allow. In contrast to our life in England we enjoy walking and taking the bus to the beaches as whilst on the island there is no need for a car. If one wishes to explore the mainland then one can hire a car inexpensively.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ancient Greek antiquities to visit. The famous 4th to 2nd century BC ancient amphitheatre at Epidavros is only an hours drive away on the mainland.
5 minute walk to harbour and a 10 minute walk to nearest beach. Other secluded bays around the island can be reached by hired scooter, car or quad-bike! Also can be reached by inexpensive bus or taxi. Neorio is a particularly attractive beach where lunch is served under the trees during the season. There is also a hotel with a swimming pool which can be used by visitors. Water sports are available at 2 locations and there are several other beaches. Love Bay in particular, caters for the young. The Sirene has a private beach with seafront restaurant and beach bar and swimming pool.
Athens is the nearest airport.
Poros is 1 hour from Athen's Port, Piraeus, by Hydrofoil (or 2¼ by ferry). Pireaus is a taxi or inexpensive bus ride from Athens airport.
Alternatively, one can go by road direct from the airport to Galatas (2½ hours by car) on the mainland, a 5 minute ferry journey from Poros Town. However cars are not required on the island.
POROS is about 30 nautical miles from the principal port of Piraeus in the Saronic gulf. Being so close to the Peloponnese mainland, it is very accessible by road or sea.
Poros is, in fact, two islands. Poros Town, with its harbour, shops and tavernas, forms the major part of Sferia, the smaller island. Anchor House is situated in the town, five minutes walk from the harbour. The larger island, Kalavria, lies across the canal bridge and for a large part is pine covered. The best beaches are on Kalavria as is the ancient site of Poseidon Temple. Poros has a sea shell exhibition in the library and a Museum with Archiological artifacts. The Citronne Art Gallery is open from June-September and there is a Boat Show in May.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Oct 2016 - 8 Apr 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
10% deposit required at booking. Balance is payable 6 weeks prior to arrival date. See website for full details. The property can be reserved for 7 days if required.
Changeover day is normally Saturday but we are flexible and also quote for periods of less than 7 days. Arrive after 4pm, leave before 10am to allow for cleaning. Alternative arrangements may be possible at private request, depending on circumstances.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in sterling. Whilst we quote in sterling we are happy to be paid in euros. Please phone or email for a quote. If the sofa bed is required there will be an additional charge of £150 per week. Discounts: Bookings longer than 2 weeks 10% discount: Returning visitors 10% discount: 2 people only renting (if the 2nd bedroom and ensuite shower room are not used) 10% discount. Please contact us on +44 7891 098705
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Poros is 2 islands. Poros Town is on the smaller island of Sferia with the bridge over the canal taking one onto the much larger and pine covered island of Kalavria. The Peloponnese is just across the narrow strait, from which Poros gets its name. You can take a water taxi or the car ferry to Galatas. Poros offers a great deal to young and old alike. There are beaches at Neorio, Love Bay, Russian Bay, Askeli and Monastriaki, several of which have watersports and which are served by a regular bus service from the harbour. Being a sheltered anchorage, numerous yachts, large and small, call in at the harbour. And it wouldn't be Greece without the tavernas. Further afield there is the famous 4th to 2nd Century BC ancient amphitheatre at Epidavros. Only an hours drive away on the mainland.”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Stereo ...
- Toys ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Main bathroom for bedroom 1, with bath, wet-room shower in natural stone, basin and WC. En-suite to bedroom 2 with wet-room shower, also in natural stone, basin and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with kingsize bed, front and back terraces with French windows and sea views. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and sea views. All air-conditioned with ample hanging and shelf space. All bed linen, towels and beach towels are provided and changed weekly. Hairdryers provided in each bedroom.
- Boat ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: On the first floor is the living-dining area and kitchen, with the main bedroom and a bathroom with bath and shower. Approached by separate entrance is a twin bedroom with ensuite shower room. Both bedrooms and the living room have sea views. First Floor Entrance door from external stair and terrace into sitting room. The sitting room, with air-conditioning, opens onto a balcony with a westerly view overlooking the harbour, sea and Peloponnese beyond. The dining area seats 6-8 people adjacent to the open plan kitchen. The kitchen area has been equipped for 8 people. It is also fully furnished with top quality cookware. Bedroom with kingsize double bed, air-conditioning and French windows opening onto small terraces to the front and back of the house. Bathroom with bath, basin, w.c. and walk-in shower. Ground Floor Bedroom with its own entrance from the courtyard with two single beds, air-conditioning and westerly sea view. Ensuite shower room. All bed linen. Outside: There is a front balcony, 2 front terraces and 1 terrace at the rear with tables and chairs for outside dining. In the area there is free use of several swimming pools with sunbeds and restaurants. These are a short distance from the house by bus or taxi. There are also water sports available at Neorio and Askeli beaches. Bicyles, scooters, quad bike and car hire are all available. We find it is very easy to get around without hiring a car. Utility Room: There is a separate Laundry Room with washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen (Egyptian cotton sheets), towels and beach towels are provided. Property cleaned and linen changed weekly - more often by arrangement. Other: Please see our website for more details on accommodation and local amenities (www.blue-fern.com)