Villa in Holetown, St Peter/ St James Barbados, on beautiful Gibbes Beach
No 6 Emerald Beach is a beautifully situated villa with stunning views of Gibbes Beach which is one of the most idyllic beaches on the island. The villa is a light limestone coloured building and is cool and tranquil. It has 3 bedrooms all with an ensuite bath and shower room and double doors onto private balconies. The villa sits within an acre of landscaped lush gardens with a patio, large gas BBQ, outdoor dining table and sunbathing area. There are 6 very comfortable sun loungers and a large sun umbrella. There is shade also from the palm trees surrounding the villa and you can hear the wonderful sound of the Caribbean sea lapping on the shore. There is a large fresh water swimming pool for the exclusive use of the residents and chairs for beach use too. A few steps away a gate leads you on to the beach from the garden. You will be totally pampered by the staff; your meals cooked for you and a maid who will service your bedroom each day plus do your laundry.
Dine on the patio of your villa for one of the most romantic settings in the Caribbean or sample the many top class restaurants that Barbados is famous for. Whether you want the luxury of The Cliff, Cin Cin, Lonestar, Daphnes, The Tides or a late night drink in Lexy's Piano Bar - they are all within a short drive, bus or taxi ride. Sundowners at Mullins or Bombas are great too!
If you fancy a bit of retail therapy Holetown is a 10 minute drive or bus ride away and boasts the luxurious Limegrove shopping mall which is occupied by numerous designer stores as well as coffee shops, a cinema and weekly events/ entertainment.
Gibbes beach is on the calm West coast of Barbados and is quiet and unspoilt. A walk around the bay takes you to Mullins Beach where there is a beach bar and restaurant, beach stalls and various water sports including sailing, jet skiing, glass bottom boat, snorkelling and trips to see the turtles.
There are a number of excellent golf courses nearby such as Sandy Lane and Royal Westmoreland where the scenery is breath taking.
There are lots of attractions on the island such as Harrisons Caves, St Nicholas Abbey, Huntes Gardens, Crane Beach and Bathesheba Beach to name a few.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful and relaxing - the perfect holiday!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We can not thank you enough for making our stay at Villa 6 perfect !
Harriets wonderful meals made with love & Mels making our stay nothing but relaxing was more than we could ever expect or ask for. A perfect intro to Barbados
The Fig & Cross Family
This is our 4th visit to No 6 Emerald Beach we have booked again for next year
This has been the perfect holiday ,lovely food & soft clean towels .....
We will return hopefully again soon
We really don't want to go home
Elliot,Rachelle & Holly
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful and relaxing - the perfect holiday!
The property is airy and immaculately clean. All 3 bedrooms were a similar size and all had sea views. The staff were a joy, so friendly and helpful. We thought the location of the villa was ideal as it was right on the beach and natural water pool was so refreshing. We will be booking again for next year! Loved it and will recommend it!
From the Owner
“We visited the island of Barbados over 20 years ago with our children and fell in love with the Island. We love the areas of St James and St Peter as they have the most beautiful coastline in terms of white sandy beaches and calm sea and also have fantastic restaurants and bars. You can have the most secluded quiet holiday or take in the island by sightseeing and hitting the bars and clubs!”
Activity and Interests
On the beach with a beautiful seaview of Gibbes Bay
The villa is situated on Gibbes Beach which is often refered to as one of the best beaches in Barbados. It is quiet and unspoilt. Mullins Beach is the next beach along - a short walk round the bay on the beach. At Mullins you can access all types of water sports including sailing, tubing, banana rides, jet skiing, you can go swimming with the turtles, snorkelling, diving and there is a glass bottom boat.
Nearby attractions are Harrisons Caves, St Nicolas Abbey, Huntes Gardens and Limegrove shopping mall.
Grantley Adams airport is approxi 40 mins drive away
Car hire is recommended.
The villa is a 5 minute drive from Holetown or likewise Speighstown. The island is 21 miles / 34km long and 14 miles / 22km wide so no where is far away! A tour of the island either in your own car or with a company tour is highly recommended as the East coast Atlantic side is a stark contrast to the West Caribbean side. A visit to the Marine Park, Nature Sanctuary, Ocean Park or a helicopter tour or just snorkeling or indeed a submarine dive are all available on the island.
The villa has a number of well stocked supermarkets nearby in either Holetown or Speightstown. There are banks, duty free shops, post office, police station and local shops nearby in Holetown.
The Cliff, Daphnes, Lonestar, Sandy Lane, Fishpot, The Tides are just some of the first class restaurants within a short drive away from the villa.
- Booking Notes:
25% to confirm booking (non-returnable if holiday cancelled). Balance 6 weeks before departure.
We are totally flexible.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa has a freshwater pool shared between the Emerald Beach villas and is a few metres from the beach! It also has 2 staff to cook your meals and clean the villa as well as to launder your clothes! Paradise.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Chef
- children welcome ...
- near the sea
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with bath/shower, WC, separate double wash hand basin in dressing room area. En-suite to bedrooms 2 and 3 with bath/shower, wash hand basin and WC. Downstairs Cloakroom with wash basin and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: (All ensuites with baths and showers and fitted wardrobes) Bedroom 1 large double bed with double sinks and mirrors and a balcony overlooking the beach and sea. Bedroom 2 large double bed with balcony overlooking the beach and sea. Bedroom 3 (downstairs) large double bed or 2 singles and doors leading onto the patio.
- Balcony ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: All bedrooms have air conditioning and there are ceiling fans throughout the property. The villa is suitable for couples or families. It is fully staffed cook, maid, laundress gardener and 24 hour security. There is an indoor dining table and indoor lounge with cable TV and DVD player. Outside: The villa lies within an acre of landscaped gardens with shade from the many palm trees. There is a large fresh water swimming pool shared between the 6 Emerald Beach villas and a private sunbathing area with 6 comfortable sun loungers, large sun umbrella. A gazebo with dining table and chairs, BBQ and sitting area with 2 sofas and fridge. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board (all located within staff room). Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen included. The villa is cleaned daily and towels changed morning and evening. The maid will launder your clothes too.