Apartment just off Calle Carabeo, Nerja, Costa del Sol, Spain - Located In The Prestigious Carabeo Area, 150m From Sea, 5 Min Walk To Balcon. Pool being upgraded
This lovely apartment for the discerning client, with stylish new furniture, flat screen TVs with UK satellite TV box, free wifi, newly installed bathroom and climate control is situated in the most beautiful part of Nerja old town.
The small modern apartment block is set back from the main road but centrally located in the beautiful and sought after Carabeo area of Nerja, with picturesque winding cobbled streets, whitewash houses and blooming flowers. The apartment is quiet but has easy access to bars, shops and restaurants. The famous Balcon de Europe is only 5 mins stroll from the apartment with no hills to negotiate, therefore suitable for all ages.
This 1 bedroom property sleeps 4 as the spacious lounge, with sun terrace for alfresco dining, is separate from the kitchen and would also suit a family or 2 couples if required. Parking is available immediately next to the apartment in the main Carabeo carpark, and free parking is available on the streets around the apartment. If you have a car, it is very easy to explore the surrounding area of Nerja and the pretty villages of Frigliana and Maro with its stunning caves. Nerja is also perfectly located for exploring the historic cities of Granada, Seville and Malaga and only 2.5 hours from Madrid by high speed train. Nerja has justifiably won several awards for being the prettiest town in the Costa del Sol. With its year round sunshine and beautiful beaches it is a perfect place to visit at any time of the year for all ages.
NB: IMPORTANT To comply with new Spanish Laws, the roof terrace pool must be upgraded for wheelchair access and is therefore likely to be closed for summer 2016 (June to September). All clients will be updated with any further news on works required.
Top Traveller Review
A must to return!
About the Owner
About the owner
I live in Dublin and work as a lecturer in University College Dublin teaching Medicine. I would love to say that I get very long holidays the same as the students but unfortunately that is not true!
I'm originally a Lancashire Lass but moved over to Ireland in 1996. I visit home often to see my lovely family and my beloved Burnley FC.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Just arrived back from Nerja. We had a lovely time - the weather was kind to us and your apartment is simply fantastic - it has everything one could possibly need and the location is perfect. Can't wait to go back. Charles Poole
Just a short note to say thank you for a lovely week in your apartment, it's position was ideal for the Balcon area and also the beautiful Burriana beach area. We had a wonderful week with trips to Frigliana, Competa, and Maro with sunshine all the way. I hope this will be the first of many trips to Nerja. Eamon Nugent
I just wanted let you know we have arrived in your lovely apartment and are very happy with it. We have got the wi-fi working! It is in a great location and we
are looking forward to spending the next 2 weeks here.
We had a fantastic in your apartment and hopefully we will be able to go back to it
sometime soon, we just love Nerja! It is in a great location with everything you need on your doorstep. Ann Orchard
We had great week in your apartment, its in a great location and exactly
what we were looking for. Many thanks again and we hope to return for much longer next time. Wendy Doyle
4.9 based on 10 holidaymaker reviews
A must to return!
Wonderful week in this apartment in a perfect location with everything you need provided. The owners couldn't do enough for you and are lovely. Didn't want to come home - can't wait to go back. Loved it!
Great location for beach and Balcon. Plenty of bars/resturants and shops within a few minutes walk. Apartment very well equipped. Very clean. Clear communication from owner. Free parking problematic (as is the whole of Nerja in the busy summer season). Large public carpark nearby.
Katherine the owner is very friendly and helpful responded to all my emailed questions quickly the location of the apartment is fabulous a 5 minute walk from everything but set back slightly so you don't get any noise from the town the apartment is brilliant you need a key to the gate to get into the block so felt very secure with the added bonus of a safe in the bedroom the apartment is spotless and very thoughtfully stocked with everything you could possibly need bedroom has plenty of storage and a huge comfy bed the wifi connection was great and the tv in particular was a big hit with my husband if we ever go back to nerja Katherine will the first person I contact I would recommend this apartment to everyone a big thankyou to Anne the cleaner for waiting for us to arrive to let us in Ann & Steve Murphy Lancashire UK
We arrived to an immaculate apartment that felt very welcoming from the moment we stepped through the door. As others have said, Katherine has thought of everything that you need to have a comfortable, enjoyable stay. Prior to arrival full information was provided about the safe, wi-fi (which worked perfectly) and other useful bits and pieces. Katherine was a pleasure to communicate with. She genuinely wants her visitors to have a happy holiday!
The bed was very comfortable with lovely bed linen. The living room was well furnished and the kitchen fully equipped.
We know Nerja well and found the apartment very easily but I am sure that the very clear directions would enable a first time visitor to find it as easily!
The views from the roof terrace are wonderful.
We will be repeat visitors and would very happily recommend to friends and family.
Great Location, comfy apartment
We had a great time! The terrace is lovely, the place is a short walk down to the beach, and the kitchen was perfect for eating in with groceries. The place is also close to plenty of nice restaurants if that's your cup of tea.
We recently returned from a 10 night stay at the apartment, its situated in an idea location for the town, beaches and surrounding areas.
Apartment is well equipped with everything you would need, very well furnished and comfortable. Would recommend this if you are looking for a holiday in Nerja and would return again.
From the Owner
“I was never really a fan of the Costa Del Sol until I came to Nerja. Close enough to Malaga for great transport links, yet far enough away for the fabulous mountains and scenery. There really is a lovely Spanish feel to the place. The old town is pretty, the views stunning and it hasnt been spoilt by high rise buildings. In Nerja I wanted to be in the old town and close to the lovely bars and restaurants, and as close to the sea as possible. Nerja is quite hilly and so I wanted to stay in the old town so there are no steep hills to tackle and easy access to everywhere.”
Activity and Interests
Nerja has a series of beautiful beaches and coves which are connected to each other. The nearest beaches of Carabeillo and Carabeo are less than 150m from the apartment and are accessed by steps. The blue flag Burriana beach with its numerous beach front restaurants seving Paella and fish cooked on wood fires is only a few metres further and can be accessed from Carabeillo or on foot past the Parador hotel or by car.
The nearest airport of Malaga (AGP) is about 60km (40 miles) from Nerja and takes approximately 45 minutes. A bus goes from the airport to Nerja via Malaga town and takes approx 1 hour. There are further airports in Granada (110km) and Almeria (120km).
Frigiliana, a beautiful mountain top whitewashed village is 7km away and the lovely village of Maro near the spectacular Cuevas de Nerja (Nerja Caves) are approximately 5 minutes drive from Nerja. The city of Malaga is 52km away and Granada with the Alhambra Palace is 110km. Las Alpujaras mountain range which surrounds Nerja is 80km and the resorts of Marbella and Puerto Banus are 100km. Seville is approximately 250km away and a new high speed train runs to Madrid in 2.5 hours. Cordoba: 275km.
All along the Costa del Sol in Andalucia, there are many adventure theme parks to choose from, each providing entertainment for adults and children alike. Many of the parks are located near holiday resorts that mean they are within easy reach, and many charge a fixed payment for unlimited usage of the fairground rides throughout the day. This makes them great value for the whole family. Isla Magica in Seville is an exciting and modern amusement park, which is divided into seven themed areas centred on a lake. Each of the areas represents a different episode in Spanish 16th century history, and all offer some fantastic rides and attractions. The seven areas are Gate to the Americas, Port of the Indies, Amazonia, Pirates Cove, Fountain of Youth, El Dorado and the Fury of the Gods.
Tivoli World is a large theme park in Benalmadena (1 hours drive away), and offers the opportunity for the whole family to enjoy a fantastic day out on the Costa del Sol. Tivoli World offers a world of magic to enjoy for all the family. You will enjoy exciting rides and a large and varied program of shows in different squares. Within the park can be found a large range of bars and theme restaurants for refreshments as you enjoy the fabulous park atmosphere.
Water parks are an excellent alternative to spending the day at the beach and offer a fun day out for the whole family. There are two aqua parks near Nerja, one in Torre del Mar (15 minutes) and the other in Almunecar. Both provide numerous water slides for adults and children of all ages, including pure adrenaline-rush slides for the more adventurous.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 18 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
7 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 30 Apr 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are taken by owner (email or telephone). Keys are available in Nerja Club Hotel (24h reception). €100 for lost keys. A 25% deposit is taken at the time of booking. The final 75% rental cost will be paid by bank transfer or cheque 4 weeks before the holiday. Cancellation 4 weeks before travel will result in loss of deposit, cancellation within 4 weeks is non refundable unless apartment is rebooked.
Preferred change over day is Saturday however this date may be flexible during low season or on request. Guests are expected to leave the apartment by 11am and can arrive after 4pm however upon request this may be flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros.
10% discount given to 2 or more weeks and 25% discount on 4 weeks or more in October to April. Longer lets considered. Prices are for 2 people, Extra people charged at 30 euros per week per person.
Current prices same as 2008.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is just 125m from the beach, in a quiet location in the beautiful old town. The small apartment block has a lovely courtyard and fantastic communal roof terrace with pool and amazing 360 views of the sea, mountains and town. Perfect to chill out after long day on the beach. It has a small sunny terrace overlooking a pool and partial seaviews. The apartment is very spacious and modern and decorated to a much higher standard than most holiday lets. I use the apartment a lot myself and wanted somewhere I could call home. There is English TV and wifi (payable online) and the lounge can be used as a separate bedroom. The location is second to none. Quiet, yet only a couple of minutes walk to the sea and surrounding restaurants. I hope you love our apartment as much as I”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Games ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- water skiing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Separate very spacious bathroom with large shower, WC and sink. The bathroom has ample storage for all your toiletries, a full length mirror and a socket for a shaver. A salon quality hairdryer is provided for your use.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/4 (1 Bedroom) + sofa bed in lounge Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 is a spacious room with a double bed, large built-in wardrobes and flat screen TV. The room has security blinds over the windows which keeps the room safe, cool and dark at night. A new ceiling fan has been installed to keep you cool at night.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is in a secure block with beautifully maintained communal areas. The apartment block is entered via a communal locked gate, leading into the entrance area, with plants and flowers. The entrance is suitable for wheelchairs and children’s buggies. Apartment 2-6 is on the second floor and can be reached by a lift or by the marble staircase. Inside, the apartment has a new air-conditioning unit installed which heats the apartment if necessary in winter. The bedroom has a new ceiling fan/light and a electric oil heater. The apartment has a lovely sun terrace and balcony with partial sea views, which is secure, however as always, care must be taken with young children. The windows in the bedroom and kitchen have decorative security bars leading on to the shared landing and the bedroom has additional blackout shutters to keep the room cool and dark. The enormous roof terrace and pool with stunning views and sun loungers can be accessed by a few steps from the 3rd floor. Outside: The lounge leads via double patio doors on to a lovely sunny patio. This sun terrace, which is suitable for a small BBQ has beautiful mosaic patio furniture and 4 chairs and a separate bench with storage space. There are partial sea views from the terrace, however the roof terrace has stunning views over the town, mountains and sea. The roof terrace has sun loungers and a shared pool (approx 4.5x4.5m) with shower. The pretty beaches of Carabeillo and Carabeo are less than 150m from the apartment and the blue flag Burriana Beach with its bars and beach restaurants is only 5-10 minutes walk away. Utility Room: A large storage cupboard in the kitchen contains iron and ironing board and all necessary cleaning utensils including a vacuum cleaner. Beach bags and cool bags available for trips to the beach. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Clean towels are provided including beach towels, bath sheets, bath towels and hand towels. Bed linen (1 set per week) is provided. A linen change is available at 15 euros per week and maid service is available for an extra 15 euros per visit. Other: An extra canvas wardrobe has been included in the lounge so it can be used as a separate bedroom. A fabulous communal roof terrace and small pool has truly stunning views of the sea and mountains. Pool closed June to September 2015 for upgrading.