Cottage in Noss Mayo, Nr. Plymouth, South Devon, England - Just Yards from the Famous Noss Hard, Stunning Countryside on Doorstep
Traditional Devon Cottage with its own garage and parking. Light and spacious, family friendly accommodation with central heating and a terraced garden with views over Noss Mayo. A perfect base for walking, birdwatching, cycling etc and just over a mile from the beach. Just a couple of minutes walk from two excellent pubs including the Ship Inn. From 10 miles to golf courses. We are pleased to accept well behaved pets!
About the Owner
We are a family of three humans and three dogs (two Norfolk Terriers and a black Lab) who live in the west Country in England and love its amazing countryside, and of course the coast. We fell in love with Noss Mayo several years ago on a visit there although my husband had sailed there several times many years ago.
We love the outdoors especially walking, sailing and anything else in or on the water.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'This was the perfect choice for our New Year break. We were able to put the boat securely in the garage which helped enormously. Noss Mayo is stunning, and the cottage could not be in a better position. We will be back in the summer.' - Vigar family, Dorset.
From the Owner
“Noss is a lovely village, very Swallows and Amazons and our cottage's location was a major attraction. Its location makes it ideal for families. It's in the centre of the village near to the play park and tennis courts and also near the two good pubs the village offers. The coastal path is just a step away and the nearest beach just a mile by car. I also love the fact that at low tide you can walk across the river bed to Newton Ferriers where all the shops are.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beaches are Stoke Beach and Old Cellars Beach, approx 1.5 miles from the cottage with other sandy beaches at Mothcombe (5 miles), Bigbury and Burgh Island and excellent surfing at Bantham (15 miles). The SW Coastal Path can be picked up virtually outside the front door. Much of the section is known as Lord Revelstoke's Drive and is an accessible walk, suitable for families which can be accessed by suitable pushchairs.
Noss Mayo is about 10 miles to the east of Plymouth and 20 miles west of Salcombe. Newton Ferrers with its shops is either a 5 minute walk at low tide via the 'Voss' or approx 1 mile by car. Plymouth Airport and ferry terminal are within 15 miles. There is a bus service to Plymouth and other local towns and villages. In the summer months there is a passenger ferry service to Wembury on the western bank of the River Yealm. A car is recommended.
Noss Mayo lies on the south side of Newton Creek from Newton Ferrers, approx 1 mile by road, and approx 200 yards by foot at low water, via the Voss. Plymouth is the nearest main centre, 12 miles to the west, and Salcombe is 20 miles to the east.
Noss Mayo boasts 2 excellent pubs, the Ship and the Swan. There is also the Dolphin and Yealm Yacht Club in Newton Ferrers. Noss Mayo also offers 2 public tennis courts and a grassed children's play area. There is also a church. In Newton Ferrers, there is a post office, general store, pharmacy and butcher. The nearest supermarket is Morrison's on the east of Plymouth, approximately 10 miles away.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
For bookings, please either email or telephone. We will ask for a 25% deposit to secure a reservations, with the balance payable no later than 28 days prior to arrival.
In peak season, changeover day is Saturday. Off peak, short weekend breaks and variant changeover days are offered.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Discounts for long winter lets available on application (See booking). Short lets available during off peak only.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The cottage was already a holiday cottage when we bought it and we have since made several improvements including adding gas central heating and installing wooden flooring throughout the ground floor. We also revamped the back terraced garden and have redecorated several times. A huge advantage to our guest is parking. We have our own parking in front of our garage which means its a mere 30 secs away to carry boats and canoes to the river. The parking is also a major plus especially in the summer.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with bath with attached shower, wc, and basin. Downstairs wc, which we hope to convert into a shower room.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with iron bedstead twin beds. Bedroom 3 with bunk beds. Spare room with single chair bed.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This is a very family-friendly house but beware that the steps at the back to the terraced garden are steep which may also cause difficulties for those with limited mobility. The house is no-smoking. Pets are welcome but we ask owners to keep them off the furniture. Outside: Steps at the back of the house lead to a private terraced garden with views across the village. Ideal for BBQs and early evening summer drinks. A BBQ is provided. The garage, situated opposite the house is available for client use and is ideal for storing a small dinghy/tender or car. Car parking is in front of the garage and in front of the house. There is also a small car park nearby next to the village tennis courts and children's play area. There is a small garden behind the garage with a summer house which stores the outdoor furniture. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: There is an extra charge for linen and towels, but the duvets (without covers) and bed protectors are included. The house will be cleaned at the end of each let and before the new let begins. House comes with a vacuum cleaner, iron and cleaning materials. Other: Front entrance has stabled door with area for coats and boots. At the back, there are steps leading up to a terraced garden. There is a separate garden with its own parking and behind that a small lawned area with summer room.