Farmhouse near Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy - Peaceful Location Set In Idlyic Tuscan Countryside
The villa is in Casa Colonica style, built on several levels, with a tiled roof and features dating back to the 14th century, exposed wood beams give the interior a warm and friendly atmosphere. 6 comfortable bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 2 living rooms can accommodate up to 12 people. The renovated kitchen (including dishwasher and microwave) is on the ground floor, leading to a wonderful terrace offering superb views. The property comes with its own olive grove and fig trees and grapevines hang over the patio. A private swimming pool, over which fireflies flit in the spring and early summer, offers splendid views of the valley below.
The villa sits in a secluded setting, reached by a private road through farm fields and woods but only 2km from local shops. Monterchi is 7km away where one can see Piero della Francesca's 'Madonna del Parto'. The charming walled cities of Sansepolcro, Anghiari and Città Di Castello, with full facilities and numerous restaurants, are only 10 - 15 mins away.
Blessed by its beautiful location, this is a wonderful base for walking ,relaxation and sightseeing.
About the Owner
My family and I have lived in this part of Italy for 25 years and love being here. We are ready to welcome you to this beautiful part of Italy.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We return on a yearly basis to Casa Vecchia and always enjoy our stay. The house is beautiful and a great spot to relax in or explore the wonderful countryside. Caroline and Jim are fantastic and look after us well. We look forward to our next stay!
Caroline we have had a wonderful time here.
We just wanted to say how much we enjoyed Casa Vecchia. The villa was really lovely and the girls enjoyed the pool more than we could have imagined!
From the Owner
“We wanted a base in Tuscany”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ideal as a base for walking with well marked hiking trails right up to the house.
Spring and Autumn months best time to participate. Separate prices pp per week on request. Please contact us for more details on organized walking holidays.
Arezzo is 40 minutes drive and is on the main train line from Florence to Rome, making the house an ideal base from which to visit these cities.
Nearest airports are in Perugia, Bologna and Florence.
There is no public transport to the house so a car is needed.
Within easy driving distance are Florence, the Chianti valley, Arezzo, Siena in Tuscany and in Umbria Orvieto, Todi, Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi and Lake Trasimeno.
Catering and Italian cooking classes available on request using local ingredients and local cook.
"Our dinner was a huge success last night. Catia did a fabulous job. She was very effcient while being pleasant and flexible with us." ( May 2015 )
Wine Tours in nearby Chianti.
Wine tasting can be arranged at the farmhouse or in Sansepolcro at English owner Stephanies wine shop.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
50% deposit on booking, balance 8 weeks before arrival date.
Changeover is Saturday, departure before 10am arrival after 4pm.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property in Euros.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Relaxing and exploring the local area”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Upper level bathroom with bath/shower over, wc, bidet serves bedrooms 1, 2, 3. Mid level bathroom with bath/shower over, wc, bidet serves bedrooms 4,5,6 lounge level Grd floor bathroom shower, wc, level with pool, kitchen/ dining area,outside door
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 12 Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Twin beds at the top of the house. Bedroom 2 - Twin beds on mezzanine. Bedroom 3 - King bed. On the lower level Bedroom 4 -Twin beds. Bedroom 5 - small bedroom with Double bed. Bedroom 6 - Master Bedroom with King bed.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The kitchen and the indoor dining room lead onto a large patio which has a hardwood dining table and chairs. There is a BBQ available to guests. The 10 X 5 m salt water pool surrounded by a shaded patio has 10 loungers and an extra table and chairs. There is car parking available on the property for up to 3 cars. Utility Room: Washing machine. Iron and board. Plenty of storage available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Other: The gem of the house is the outdoors terrace offering incredible views over the valley. Sitting up to 12, it has a large wooden dining table, perfect for evening meals or BBQ on balmy summer evenings. There is also an indoor dining room.