Converted Barn near Puy L'Eveque, Lot Valley, Midi Pyrenees, France - Peaceful Location in Wonderful Walking Country
Michael and Ann Elise welcome you to stay at their delightful french house set in the gardens of their manoir; the house has stone walls, wood burning stove and a beautiful fitted kitchen; it has its own private garden where al fresco meals can be enjoyed. The indoor swimming pool attached to the manoir, with a separate entrance, is for the use of the guests.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
A Hidden Gem
We spent a wonderful week here in June. The house is comfortably furnished with everything the visitor could wish for, no matter what the weather is like. Luckily we had a gloriously sunny seven days and so were able to make good use of the lovely garden and swimming pool. Anna offered us the warmest of welcomes and Alain looked after us so well. We're hoping for another visit very soon!
A Rural delight
We were warmly welcomed here to find the Gite well equipped and wonderfully comfortable. The lounge is superb and has all extras that we could desire including TV with UK channels. The kitchen is a delight to cook in and we made good use of its facilities.
There is a garden to enjoy and the highlight for us was the indoor, heated swimming pool.
All of this situated in a quiet area yet within easy reach of the local villages, markets and the superb restaurants of the area.
Activity and Interests
Bergerac, 60 mins by car to the house.
Toulouse, 2 hours to the house.
Carcassone, 2.5 hours to the house.
Rodez, 2.5 hours to the house.
Bordeaux, 2.5 hours to the house.
Train: Eurostar (Euston-Lille) - TGV to Agen (10 hours).
Car: Calais to the house, approx 8 hours.
If you are not bringing your own car, car hire is essential.
Nearest shop: Duravel (5-8 minutes)
There are four supermarkets in Fumel (which is approx 10 minutes away) where everything can be found.
This is a beautiful area for walking and riding.
You will find shops and restaurants in the medieval towns of Puy L'Eveque and Prayssac. There are local markets almost every day. Many chateaux will welcome you to taste the local Cahors wines, which are delicious.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A booking form will be sent to you on confirmation of your holiday dates; there is a security bond of 250 euros and a non-refundable deposit of 30% with booking; final payment is due 8 weeks before arrival at the property.
Arrival between 4.30pm-6pm.
Departure before 10am on day of leaving.
Arrival and Departure times are negotiable out of season.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Holidays by negotiation with owner.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room with large basin and wc.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: One bedroom with double/twin bed.
- Notes on accommodation: This stunning property is every walkers', riders' and cyclists paradise; when you come in from an invigorating activity there is the indoor heated swimming pool - whatever the weather. This pool opens at 10.00 in the morning and closes at 6 o'clock at night. Outside: Beautiful sunfilled garden with stunning 360 degree views of the Lot valley and the surrounding countryside. There is a barbecue and outdoor table and chairs for al fresco eating. Also sunloungers for your relaxation. Utility Room: Use of washing machine and drier in a utility room attached to the manoir. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, linen and cleaning are included; linen will be changed every week. We ask you to leave the property as you found it; Electricity and gas is included in the price. Other: Le Petit Bouyssac is a beautifully restored barn retaining some of its original features; the house is finished to an excellent standard.