Farmhouse Near St. Ciers du Taillon, Charente Maritime, Tranquil Location with Uninterrupted Views of Vineyards and French Countryside
This beautiful farmhouse has been lovingly restored to provide a spacious comfortable home with quality furniture and soft furnishings throughout. The extensive gardens have been landscaped and planted with indigenous and Mediterranean trees and shrubs. The swimming pool is securely fenced and gated most of which is camouflaged by clever landscaping. Uninterrupted views of the surrounding countryside can be appreciated from all areas. The house is located in an elevated position outside a tiny hamlet 5 mins drive from the village of St. Ciers du Taillon. The garden and pool area is completely private and the house offers privacy to all due to the extensive terraces/patios and generous pool area. Families can congregate together or escape to a private spot. Covered pergolas lends shade to the pool area and the terrace off the second kitchen/living room in high season when the sun is at its strongest. The pool house has a drinks fridge and wc washbasin.
About the Owner
About Bob Deane
We bought the derelict property and spent 3 years restoring the house, barn , distillery and outbuildings to create a comfortable home .
Mainly on one level every room has views over the countryside and french doors opening on to a terrace, we designed the house to take full advantage of the light and high ceilings with flexibility that families can eat or enjoy together or have privacy .
Bob Deane purchased this farmhouse in 1999
Why Bob Deane chose Charente-Maritime
Complete peace and quiet , large garden and private pool with lovely views over countryside .
Quality furnishings flexible layout for families to be seperate or together .
From the Owner
“Complete peace and quiet , large garden and private pool with lovely views over countryside . Quality furnishings flexible layout for families to be seperate or together .”
Activity and Interests
The beaches in the area are very clean, safe and well cared for. There are kids clubs and excellent watersport facilities on the beaches at St. Georges de Didonne, Royan, La Palmyre and Nauzanne plus surfing at Cote Sauvage all of which can be reached in 30mins by car. You may experience delays during high season. There is a marina and restaurants at Royan and Montendre and Moulin du Sap has a large BBQ area and pedalos for messing about on the river.
If you are driving it takes 5 hours from St. Malo and 8 hours from Calais. Do allow for extra time in high season. If flying you will need use of a car. Cars can be hired from the airport or picked up at train station at Angouleme or Sainte.The property is situated 69 kms from Bordeaux and La Rochelle both of which have airports.
St. ciers du Taillon and Lorignac are equidistant from the house. Both only 5 mins by car or you can cycle. Mirambeau, Jonzac and Pons are larger towns with supermarkets etc and can be reached in15/20mins by car. Royan, Blaye are 30mins drive and both have car ferries to take you on the 10 min trip over to the Medoc.
The house is surrounded by little villages each of which have market days when you can buy local produce. There are superb bakers, butchers, grocers and wine merchants, and restaurants close by. The nearest bank is in Mirambeau. The magnificent Chateau de Niranbeau is One of The Leading Hotels of the World Group just right for dinner on a special occasion. A comprehensive guide to the area and its facilities will be sent after booking.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- There are 4 bathrooms as follows:-3 double bedrooms have en suite shower rooms with wc and washbasin. A separate wet room with a feature glass brick wall and twin washbasins plus a further 2 cloakrooms.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 bedrooms have large double beds, 2 bedrooms standard double beds and the 5th bedroom has twin beds. There is a lit bateau (day bed) suitable for a toddler in one of the double bedrooms. A travel cot is also available.
- Golf ...
- Outside: The property is surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens, planted with both indigenous and Mediterranean plants. The pool area has a substantial rockery with mature plants which help to camouflage the security fencing and gates which are a legal requirement around pools in France for your safety. There are a considerable number of stylish and lightweight aluminium sun loungers around the pool and terraces as well as Moroccan metal tables and chairs on two terrace areas for alfresco dining. A barbecue is supplied as well as an all weather table tennis table. There is plenty of grassy areas for games and you can walk freely in the countryside and vineyards surrounding the house. The completely private 12mtr x 6 mtr swimming pool. The pool man arrives every Saturday morning and there are scoops in the pool house for removing insects etc from pool. There are lots of pots and window boxes brimming with plants on terraces and courtyards. Utility Room: There is a washing machine, powerful steam iron. Ironing board and clothes airers in the laundry room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen are included except pool/beach towels. The property is cleaned on Wednesday and Saturday, bedlinen and towels changed once a week. Extra services cleaning/babysitting carn be arranged. Other: All rooms are tastefully and comfortably furnished with co-ordinating curtains and soft furnishings where applicable. Tables and chairs are in situ inside and outside the house for internal or alfresco dining.