Penthouse Apartment in Side, Antalya, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Fantastic Location, beautiful development overlooking Sand Dunes with Sea-Views
Beautiful bright fully air-conditioned penthouse apartment with shared pool and views of the sea. Many restaurants within easy walking distance. The old town of Side hosts many quality restaurants which cater for all tastes. The fish restaurants are the equal of anywhere on the Mediterranean coast, many of which overlook the quaint harbour or the sea to provide a stunning backdrop. There are many shops selling a host of goods including jewellery, gold, Turkish rugs and clothes at very attractive prices. Haggling is the Turkish way of life, and can be extremely good fun for foreigners who are less familiar with this way of trading. A weekly Saturday market is held in Side during the Summer months. It is a golf hot-spot as there are 10 fabulous golf courses within 25 minutes drive of the apartment. Courses designed by Nick Faldo, Colin Montgomerie, and Turkey's first links course - all of them gems. A host of activities are available including water sports and horse riding. Just a short drive away and you are in the mountains, visit villages or try a quad biking ride. Antique Side is fascinating - stroll through the antiquities or visit the museum. Concerts take place during the summer months, in the amphitheatre or at the Temple of Apollo near the harbour which provides a wonderful setting.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"..spent two fabulous weeks in Side, The apartment was everything you could ask for, the staff were very friendly & helpful, the hardest part was having to leave" John & Lyn Streete
"..the apartment is superb, in an ideal location and exceptionally well-presented. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends & family. Missing it already!" Tracy Heaton
"..a note to say how much we enjoyed our holiday in your beautiful apartment. We were particularly impressed with the landscaping, pool & security" Nolan family
"..your apartment is delightful. Side was even better than expected - like a mini Pompeii, so much to look at. The restaurants were everything you said they would be. The transfers went like clockwork. We couldn't have wished for a better holiday or more pleasant surroundings - thank you very much indeed" Mr & Mrs Chidwick
"..just to say how much we enjoyed our two weeks in Side. Your apartment is possibly one of the nicest we have stayed in. Thanks again" Mr & Mrs Wragg
1 holidaymaker review
Just back from our first stay in Turkey at this wonderful apartment. Excellent complex with beautifully maintained grounds, superb, very clean pool and very clean apartment. Reserved sun beds complete with padded cushions and parasols. Some excellent restaurants within walking distance as recommended in the information folder we found within the apartment. Would definitely recommend this property!
Activity and Interests
The beautiful sandy East beach is 10 minutes across the sand on foot, or make use of one of the free beach buses which take 2 minutes. Sun loungers and umbrellas provided at the waters edge. Excellent food and iced drinks are served by the extremely friendly, multi-lingual staff at the various restaurants on the beach. Sea sports are on offer including para-sailing, jet skis, ringos and banana boats. This is the quieter of the two Side beaches due to it being in the preservation area.
Antalya Airport, which is connected to most UK airports, is 40 minutes drive away. Regular flights can be booked through a number of carriers (e.g. via internet sites - flythomascook, sun-express, travelrepublic or cheapflights). Airport pickups can be organised by the owners in advance. Car hire is not essential, but highly recommended for a couple of days if you wish to explore the surrounding areas or for golfing. We can recommend car hire companies and/or arrange airport transfers.
The nearest major town is Manavgat which is 10 minutes by car or bus. The beautiful cities of Antalya and Alanya are 45 minutes away. The golfing area of Belek is 25 minutes drive. Aspendos, with it's beautifully preserved amphitheatre, which still hosts many concerts in the summer months is half an hour away, with the fabulous remains of Perge a similar distance.
Old and new sit side by side in Side. The wonderfully preserved amphitheatre, which is almost 2,000 years old still hosts summer concerts accommodating up to 15,000 people. It sits at the neck of the promontory of Side. Roman ruins surround the amphitheatre, with many more yet to be excavated from the surrounding sand dunes. Beside the harbour sits the ruined temple of Apollo where Antony & Cleopatra met during their courtship. The small museum in the town houses many relics and provides a fascinating insight into the history of area. There is a small well-stocked supermarket only 5 minutes' walk from the apartment. The unspoilt Sorgun pine forest is just a few minutes away, offering horse-riding along its sandy trails. Lessons for beginners are available. Aquapark Waterplanet in Alanya is 35 minutes away, fun and adventure for all ages. Jeep safaris -a thrilling scenic adventure through the beautiful Koprulu Canyon National Park or up into the spectacular Taurus Mountains which form the backdrop to Side. All activities are easily arranged locally.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Non-refundable booking deposit - 25% of rental price. Balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to departure. Refundable security deposit of £100. Guests should ensure they have insurance cover for personal injury, loss of possessions, damage to property and cancellation. Access to the apartment is required from 11 am on departure date to prepare for new guests arriving. New arrivals are from 4pm. Please see notes on prices.
We are completely flexible on changeover dates as flights into Turkey are now available on most days of the week.
Notes on prices:
Please advise us if you require to book an additional day due to an evening or night flight on your confirmed day of departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Holiday Complex
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Stereo ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The upstairs bathroom has a large jacuzzi bath, shower, wc/bidet. Downstairs bathroom has a large walk-in shower, wc/bidet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms. The master bedroom has a king size bed with a private terrace where breakfast, sunbathing or evening drinks can be enjoyed in style. The second bedroom has 2 single beds. Fully-fitted wardrobes in both bedrooms.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: This beautiful, spacious development is only 400 metres from the East Beach. There is no development between us and the sea due to the land in front being protected for future excavation of antiquities. Both terraces are west facing, the penthouse terrace being particularly special with views of the sea, a suntrap during the day and a place to enjoy the spectacular sunsets in the evening. All you require, beach, restaurants and shopping is within easy short walking distance with no hills - or make use of the free beach buses which will collect you from the apartment and take you back when you wish. Smoking is not permitted within the apartment. There is a hairdryer supplied in the master bedroom for guests' use. Outside: The development is gated and has security staff 24/7 who are extremely helpful. The 20m communal swimming pool and beautiful gardens present a wonderful area in which to relax (pool open from April - November). Pool loungers and parasol provided. There is a small, safe children’s pool attached to the main pool and a swing park for little children. On the opposite side of the road is a football playing area which can be used by all of the family for exercise. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels for pool/beach use. Full cleaning before and after your stay is included. Additional cleaning and linen change can be arranged at extra cost.