Farmhouse near Fiastra, Le Marche, Italy - 12/15 Mins to Local Village with Amenities
A lovely old farmhouse for up to 10 people with two kitchens which makes an ideal location for families or groups to appreciate the quiet natural beauty of our valley just inside the Sibillini National Park. The high mountains and lake swimming are a 15 minute drive away, and many of the medieval towns and cities of Umbria and Tuscany are close enough for days out.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
8 min drive to Lago di Fiastra, very clean, clear water, excellent swimming with beautiful mountainous surroundings. The Adriatic coast is around 50 mins away with endless sandy beaches and fine seafood restaurants.
Ancona airport is around 75 mins drive, with daily flights from Stansted. Or our preferred route is to fly from regional UK airports into Rome Ciampino or Fiumicino and have a beautiful drive over the mountains through Umbria and Marche, taking around 3 hours.
Our local shopping village of Fiastra about a 15 minute drive, has an excellent bakery, mini supermarket, pizza restaurant and refugio with an excellent restaurant in the summer months. Below Fiastra by the lake are several more restaurants and bars. Camerino, our local medieval hill town is around 25 mins drive and has many stylish shops and eating places. Perugia, Gubbio, Urbino, Assisi, and other lesser known but equally interesting places are all sensible day trips.
La Cantina is located on the northern edge of the Sibillini National Park, which stretches 40kms from the Marches into Umbria. A short drive to the south is a wilderness of mountain peaks which reach over 2,000 meters. The park is a haven for wildlife and there are many fantastic walks. At the southern end of the park in Umbria, lies the Piano Grande, a great plain nestled in the mountains, which has for decades been cultivated to grow organic lentils which are regarded as the finest available in Italy and plays a leading role in the local cooking. In late Spring, this is the site of a huge flower bloom, of both the lentils and wild flowers, known as the Fiorita.
- Booking Notes:
The rental charge covers hot water, heating, electricity towels and bedding and final cleaning. A deposit of 30% of the total cost of your stay is paid at the time of booking and deducted from the final payment which is due 2 weeks before arrival.
Changeover day is flexible as are arrival and departure times.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros.
We can accommodate up to 10 people in total.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- A bathroom with shower and toilet at one end of the house, and another bathroom with bath, shower and toilet at the other end.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 is very large with a double and one singles. Space for fold out bed. Bedroom 2, twin beds that push together to make a double. Bedroom 3, twin beds that push together to make a double. Bedroom 4, twin beds that push together to make a double.
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is comfortable and well equipped and has loads of character. Outside: There are many places to sit outside, including a terrace with a pergola and a barbecue. There is plenty of garden furniture and rugs to create a comfortable place in the shade of the many walnut trees around the house. The field full of wild herbs and some of the surrounding woods belong to the house (good for collecting fungi in season), and there are many lovely walks from the house up into the valley and its surroundings. Utility Room: Washing machine and freezer are in the old animal stalls below the living accommodation. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included.