Villa in Dalyan, Aegean Region, Turkey - Under Karadag Mountain, 25 Mins Walk from Town
The Karadag Mountain Mill is on the edge of the town. It is not just the round shape of the main building but that from the centre point of that building even the walls of the bedroom are aligned. When you walk around the outside of the villa, viewing it from different aspects, each viewpoint presents almost a different villa. Similarly, walking from room to room inside each window presents a different landscape. We believe that we have a building that, because of the careful use of natural materials, sits comfortably in its environment. It has many intriguing facets and although not symmetrical is quite geometrical. More than 3 times the size as that of Pamuk Tarlasi. The 3,300 m2 of land underneath Karadag Mountain, with its olive and eucalyptus trees, will provide privacy and seclusion yet still have convenient access to the town and all of its amenities. 30 minutes walk from the centre but convenient for both taxi and bicycle.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
On valentines day 2002, skiing in Beavercreek, Colorado, Amanda asked me to marry her. My suggestion that, as we had only been together for 7 years, perhaps we shouldn't rush into this. was received by such a glare that I accepted and the following year, on skis, Peak 7, Breckenridge, we were married. Our friends and witnesses had just bought in Turkey and, as a wedding present, offered us a holiday in their villa. That's when our relationship with Dalyan began. Amanda still works in a school in Darlington, County Durham and I spend my time looking after the few properties I have in Sunderland. We seem to spend most weekends up at our caravan in Northumberland but even now, many years later, we never get tired of Dalyan and are always excitedly preparing for our next holiday there.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Excellent, quiet, secluded, exactly what we wanted!! Pool cleaned most days. Garden watered most days. Ice machine and air con were fully functional. All very very nice ! Bicycles a nice touch! Everything included from hair dryers to spare batteries for the remotes.
We have been holidaying in Dalyan for the last 7 years and really didn't think life could get better....then we brought our whole family over and stayed at the Karadag Mountain Mill. The "Mill" was just wonderful...the location is stunning, facilities sublime, the wildlife amazing and our "welcoming agent" a veritable star - extremely helpful and attentive. This was our first experience of renting a villa and we have to thank the owners for a) letting us enjoy the "Mill" & b) making the whole experience such a joy.
From the Owner
“When buying a house to let in the UK you do not look at the colour of the door but at the rental potential. The proximity to a hospital, university. So, Dalyan has something for everyone. It's not just the wall to wall sunshine of summer months, it has a huge lake with mud baths, a 7K beach of golden sand preserved as a breeding ground for the loggerhead turtle, the much photographed rock tombs and an ancient city called Kaunos. Because Dalyan was declared a world Wildlife Heritage Centre no building is now allowed over 2 stories high. So no hi-rise apartment blocks or large hotel complexes and this has helped retain more of a village feel. Add to that the wonderful bars and restaurants, very friendly people and you have a terrific holiday combination.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There are a couple of decent mountain bikes left at the villa but more are available for hire in the town. Great area for cycling and walking, scuba and snorkelling. horse riding, boating, canoeing, white water rafting etc. The ancient city of Caunos (3000 yrs BC) is a 15 minutes walk away from Dalyan and has only recently begun to be excavated. A plethora of excellent river-side restaurants often provide views of the famous Lycian rock tombs, a fabulous setting for an evening meal. They are an inspiration to all who see them.
Dalyan is a super place and has a lot to offer its visitors; as well as the normal sun, sea and sand, it also has a freshwater lake, a river, mud baths, hot springs, an historic city and beautiful mountain scenery in whichever direction you look. The whole region is a national conservation area, and home to numerous varieties of birds, and three types of turtle, including the protected loggerhead Caretta Caretta sea turtle. The beautiful Itsuzu (Turtle Beach) is a 25 minute boat ride away.
25 minutes transfer from Dalaman airport and transfers can be arranged via our service people. We have never hired a car and always enjoyed cycling, walking or in the evening inexpensive taxis but car hire is available in the town.
Dalyan Market is on a Saturday but the town has a choice of small supermarkets, many wonderful restaurants, small shops and bars.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2 Oct 2016 - 5 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit is required at the time of booking and the balance, 8 weeks prior to the holiday.
Changeover day is either Monday but preferably Friday as flights leave for Dalaman from most UK airports on that day. Usually departing at 10am and arrival not before 3pm.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“This is our 2nd villa as I always dreamed of designing a villa, nestling under a mountain, in large grounds with an orchard. "The Mill" has it all, It is peaceful, yet still close enough to town. It is large enough for us to entertain family and friends and The Pool Bar with its optics, fridge and ice machine mean that we can be very independent by the pool. At home in Sunderland we seem to drive everywhere so being able to have a pleasant walk (or cycle) into town is for us is not a problem. Using taxis is not expensive and we keep their number logged into the villa phone. We are aware from our bookings that many people prefer villa Pamuk Tarlasi because of its close proximity to town. At "The Mill" we enjoy both town and country and the many guests who try, share this view and return.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- All rooms have en-suite shower rooms with the exception of the basement king which has a bath.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 3 bedrooms have king size beds. 2 x bedrooms have twin beds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The air condoning can switch to heat if needed. As well as DVDs there is a large variety of CD's. Book shelves on the first landing has Novels and also books on Turkey and the surrounding. There is also a small selection of games. Bring your Lap Top it has Wi-Fi. There is a docking station for ipod or iphone in the ground floor lounge and also at the pool bar. Outside: At the front of the house we have planted and orchard, cherry, banana, grape, orange, lemon, apricot, fig, apple, pear, peach, lime, pomegranate, It'll take about 3 years for them to bear fruit but when mature will afford excellent privacy for the bar and pool and of course fruit for breakfast and drinks. To the rear of the house under the mountain will be landscaped gardens with a stream and a Turkish style seating pagoda. At the front is a large swimming pool, BBQ, sun bed and bar area, fridge and sink and CD player. It also includes a shower and toilet. Utility Room: 2 x washing machines, ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are included. The property is cleaned at the beginning and end of the holiday as some previous guests prefer not to be disturbed but more frequent cleaning visits can be arranged. Other: The kitchen has a small table with chairs but outside the kitchen French windows is a dining area with a large ash dining table.