Drazin Vrt, near Perast, Kotor Bay, Perast Montenegro - Short walk to a popular cafe-bar beach club for summer swimming
The Drazin Vrt house is a historic stone building located above the Kotor-Perast road. We completed the renovation in 2015 to the highest standard, with superb fixtures and fittings throught. The property is a short drive from gorgeous Perast and the enchanted Venetian walled town of Kotor. The nearest cafe-bar beach club is a short walk down the road for when one fancies a dip in Kotor Bay. The property is ideal for a family or two. There are 4 spacious bedrooms and terraces at the front and back of the house. The Drazin Vrt house is new to the market, hence the discounted rental prices for Summer 2015.
About the Owner
I first came to Montenegro in 2005 and immediately fell in love with the country. I've spent the last decade living and working here.
Montenegro is great for her relaxed people, sense of fun, delightful scenery, fresh fish, dramatic mountains, aromatic morning coffee (ask for a Deutsche kava), outdoors lifestyle, abundant wildlife, old stone buildings & great climate.
Dozens of people have rented our properties over the past few years. Many return time and time again to enjoy Montenegro and the inimitable Kotor Bay fjord with her dramatic mountain backdrop.
My wife likes to paint here in the outdoors. My children like to swim in the sea, explore old stone ruins and feast on Montenegrin pizza.
We'd love you to come down here and have a great vacation.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"I came to Montenegro for the first time in April 2015 and was astonished by the beauty of the country during every waking moment. The Drazin Vrt house has just been renovated and furnished. I felt privileged to be one of the first people through the property's doors. Perast is a delight in April when there are few tourists around. Kotor Old Town is superb and you must walk up the ramparts behind the town. The Cesarica recommendation was spot on - grilled fish and wine for 2 people for around Euro 30, amazing! I also recommend a trip down the coast to Petrovac, but I imagine Budva is too busy during the summer months. The Lustica Peninsula is worth a day trip - it's almost completely undeveloped and has a few nice beaches. Too cold to swim in April though. I can't wait to come back here."
Altay Israfil, London, England
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the Drazin Vrt Palace at first sight. It was a ruin then - four walls and no roof - but we could see the potential of this wonderful building. The property sits above the road between Kotor and Perast, giving wonderful unobstructed views of the incredible Kotor Bay fjord. There is a great cafe-bar and swimming spot about 100 metres down the road. Perast with her stone palaces, churches and other historic buildings is a short drive down the road. The amazing walled Venetian city of Kotor isn't far away in the other direction. The drive from Dubrovnik Airport is about one hour, depending on the border crossing.”
Activity and Interests
It is a stone's throw to the sea. It is also a short walk to the best beach in the Kotor Bay area - Bajova Kula. This is an up-market beach where the service is excellent and where the owner of the house will be found on most days! It has great wooden decks, loungers and umbrellas. It also has a bar and very good restaurant. You can rent pedaloes and various boats.
Tivat Airport is 30 minutes drive away, and Dubrovnik Airport about 60 minutes drive (dependent upon traffic volume and the Croatia-Montenegro border crossing). Car hire is recommended, and this can be arranged from Dubrovnik or Tivat airports. Car hire is cheaper in Dubrovnik but be sure to pay for a cross-border permit for the vehicle.
The historical town of Kotor is 10-15 minutes drive away. Budva is approximately 40 minutes drive, but traffic gets heavy here in the summer. All the major sights of coastal Montenegro are within easy driving distance: Prcanj, Perast, Budva, Sveti Stefan, Petrovac, Herceg Novi etc. The ancient capital of Cetinje can be reached in just over an hour by taking the breathtaking, hairpin mountain road above Kotor (perhaps returning via Budva).
Banks, supermarkets and ATMs can be found in nearby Kotor. Kotor Old Town has historic churches, squares & palaces and some good eating and drinking places. Our favourites are Cesare for hot chocolate, Hotel Vardar for coffee and Cesarica for tasty and inexpensive fish. The cafes of Kotor Old Town are great for coffee & people-watching. Most places offer Internet. Maximus is a great club for the all-night raving brigade. There are some lovely restaurants on the waterfront in Perast.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 50% should be paid when the booking is made, with the remaining 50% paid no less than 8 weeks before the booking dates.
We take Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday bookings during the busy season.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in GB£.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We renovated the property in 2014-2015 and now have a superb 4-bedroom house with loads of space and luxury fittings throughout. The kitchen is brand new and the bathrooms are 5-star hotel standard. There is a terrace at the front of the house with great views of the nearby Kotor Bay. This is a wonderful place to sip the local Sauvignon and watch the cruise ships and other boats go by. Trips to nearby Perast and Kotor Old Town are highly recommended. Ditto a wander to the nearest cafe-bar for a coffee and a swim in the warm waters of the sea.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- near the sea
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Two ensuite bathrooms on the first floor with exquisite Italian tiles plus bath and shower in each. The third bathroom is on the third floor with bath, shower and bidet plus stunning mosaic tiles. There is a toilet on the ground floor.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Four bedrooms and additonal sleeping area upstairs Notes on bedrooms: The first floor comprises two large bedrooms, both en suite. The second floor of the house consists of a third bedroom with spacious hallway and fourth bedroom with high ceiling decorated with tall wooden beams.
- Outside: There is a front terrace with amazing sea views. There is also a back door leading on to an outside shaded, stone clad patio located behind the house. This is perfect for lounging during hot summer days. The property has a small side garden with stunning Kotor Bay views. From the parking area there are stairs leading to the sea, which is just 30 metres away. It is a short walk to the best beach in Kotor Bay - Bajova Kula beach. This has a cafe-bar, beach club and excellent swimming area. Our teenage children love hanging out here. Utility Room: Also on the ground floor is a guest toilet and laundry room with washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided and the property and linen will be cleaned on a weekly basis.