Townhouse in Ostuni, Brindisi, Puglia, Italy - Historic Centre Location
The house is considerably larger than most of the town houses offered for rent in Ostuni. From the front entrance, the staircase with marble treads and exposed vaulted stone ceiling leads to the first floor living area. The lounge, with its rarely found original tiled floor has a 3 seater leather sofa, together with a sofa bed for 1 adult (poss' 2 children). Off of the lounge, which has an amazingly high exposed stone vaulted ceiling, lies separate double and twin bedrooms and a kitchenette with granite worktop, sink and fridge/freezer. Up some steps to an intermediate floor is a bathroom with original granite bath with shower attachment and a barrel vaulted stone ceiling. Further steps lead to another double bedroom and an amazing bathroom with separate shower, vanity unit, toilet and bidet. The bathroom has a panoramic outlook to the Adriatic coast beyond, via a one way glass window. Finally an external door opens out onto 3 separate terraces. Each terrace provides fantastic views.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful stay in a charming townhouse with roof terrance
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed staying at Casa Francesca, what a stunning house! We also thoroughly enjoyed the roof terrace!It was really handy having a shower up their too. The wedding went unbelievably well and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! ... Wedding party of 5 South Wales
We had a fantastic time. We thought you had decorated the house lovely, with good attention to detail and design, particularly liking the roof terrace and magnificent bathroom with a view!The vaulted ceilings are very nice and proved to be quite cool in the hot temperatures... Mr C and party from Leeds
Your house in Ostuni suited our needs perfectly. Really loved the way you have decorated the living room, bedrooms and bathrooms, all very comfortable and the artworks were a nice touch too. The place was lovely and the position was perfect for all the town's attractions. .... Mr and Mrs M and party from Australia
We had a fantastic time in Ostuni ... Mr and Mrs G Oxfordshire
4.7 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Large, well located with a stunning roof terrace
Claire and David were very helpful and communicative before the stay and provided some great tips about local restaurants to visit. Piazzetta cattedrale in particular is an amazing restaurant. The flat is clean and spacious and has an amazing roof terrace. I would definitely stay there again. It's only 5-10 minutes walk to the main square.
Wonderful stay in a charming townhouse with roof terrance
The townhouse was the perfect way to experience Ostuni. It is centrally located and all the restaurants/sights of Ostuni are in walking distance. The beach is a short drive away. There is a large terrance in the townhouse with a beautiful view of the city, olive groves and eventually the ocean. I visited with my boyfriend and my parents, and the house worked out nicely for this because it is split on two floors. There are 2 bedrooms downstairs and one bedroom upstairs. The house would comfortably sleep 6. The inside is charming stone architechture and there is a kitchen, 2 bathrooms and necessary amenities provided. Pauline was very helpful and she even gave us a coupon for a free breakfast at a local restaurant the first morning. Ostuni is a beautiful must-see of the region. We thoroughly enjoyed staying at the house and would recommend it!
Perfect location, great place to stay
My husband and I had a fabulous week in Casa Francesca. The house is spotless and well equipped with everything we needed. The house is a townhouse in the centre of Ostuni and there are wonderful views from the terraces to the sea. The house is on several levels and whilst the internal steps in the house are fairly steep and narrow, my husband, who has some mobility problems, managed these quite well. It is only a short walk to the historical centre and the town square where we spent some great afternoons enjoying the sun sipping Aperol's, people watching.
We had the most fantastic meal at Aqua E Sale on Via Peppino Orlando and there are many other fine restaurants serving local food in the old town. Restaurant prices seemed reasonable. Claire and David provided a very useful information pack and whilst the property does not have parking we always managed to find somewhere free to park within a short stroll of the house. This is an excellent place to stay to explore Ostuni and the surrounding region and we will be returning. I would definitely recommend this property to a friend.
Activity and Interests
Within a short drive from the town are some lovely beaches (the Puglian coastline stretches for some 500 miles in total). Within a 10 minutes drive from the town is Pilone 1 and Pilone 2 beaches. Both are safe, sandy beaches with facilities including bars nearby. Costa Merlata around 15 mins drive is another favourite of ours set around a small picturesque cove. However, the loveliest unspoilt beach is Torre Guacato which is within a WWF protected nature reserve with various activities.
Nearest airport is Brindisi approx 25 mins drive (Ryanair). Bari airport approx 50 mins drive (Ryanair, British Airways, Alitalia). Naples airport approx 3.5 - 4hrs drive (British Airways, Alitalia, Easyjet among others).
By Train - Ostuni Railway station approx 2km distance from property. Taxi from railway station or from airports direct to property. By private transfer from airports - can be arranged if requested. Car hire from airports - Hertz, Avis, Europcar, Sixt.
Within short drive of Ostuni are many places of interest:
Lecce 'The Florence of the South' with its wonderful Baroque architecture; around a 1hr drive but a 'must see'! Martina Franca wonderful drive through the countryside with masseria and trulli and another 'Baroque jewel' with nice shops! Cisternino and Ceglie Messapica - smaller pretty towns with lots of character. Near Fasano - zoo safari with small theme park, roller coaster. Small water park 20 mins. Villanova port 10 mins.
Puglia is a region hitherto unspoilt by mass tourism, peaceful, has rustic charm, wonderful towns and villages, great sandy beaches and fine authentic Italian cuisine. Many Italians choose to holiday here from the north - but not too many to spoil it! Famous for its strange conical shaped agricultural buildings 'the trulli' which are dotted all over the countryside and which are being preserved and converted. The town of Alberobello which is a UNESCO world heritage site is where trullis have been preserved in abundance and is well worth a visit.
Ostuni is an amazing 'gem of a city' perched on a hillside overlooking fertile olive valleys and views of the Adriatic Sea. Rough Guide 'one of the most stunning small towns of southern Italy, a gleaming white splash of sun bleached streets and cobbled alleyways'.
The medieval city known as the Citta Bianca, is a vibrant town with a weekly market, friendly locals, amazing restaurants, trendy bars and chic shops. As you meander around the narrow whitewashed streets of the historic centre, you can immerse yourself back in time and then stop to quench that thirst or ward off that hunger at very reasonable prices! The food is authentic Italian, why else would the Italians travel down from the north to holiday in Puglia 'the bread basket of Italy'. The region produces large supplies of olive oil, pasta, vegetables, fruit, pasta and it's own variety of wine.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A refundable deposit of £150 is required at the time of booking and refunded on your return from holiday. Air-conditioning is charged at 8 euros per day if required (payable locally or at time of booking). Stays of less than a week are always considered, please enquire.
Changeover days are flexible dependant on time of year and level of bookings.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- naturist beach
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 on intermediate floor, with original granite bath with shower attachment, wc and basin. Bathroom 2 leads up from 2nd floor with separate curved shower, 'designer' vanity unit, wc, bidet. One way glass window and amazing views.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, lovely bedroom on first floor, with exposed stone ceiling and door with shutters to small balcony. Double bed. Bedroom 2 on 1st floor with exposed stone ceiling. Twin beds. Bedroom 3 on 2nd floor with double beds. Stone ceiling.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is full of character, typical of the period and of Ostuni itself. The steps within the house are however, relatively steep and we therefore would not consider the house suitable for people with walking difficulties. It is suitable for young children, but we would consider that supervision is maintained at all times around the stairs. The thick stone walls help to provide a cool environment during the hot summer months, but air-conditioning is available on part of the property for an additional charge per day. Central heating is available in the winter months. Outside: There are three terrace areas. A metal table and chairs with seating for 6 is provided on the middle terrace, together with a large free standing adjustable sun shade. On the lower terrace area is an outside shower for a refreshing cool down! The views from the terraces are truly stunning. The Adriatic Sea can be seen along with views over the city and countryside. Utility Room: Separate utility area located off of bathroom on upper floor with washing machine and cleaning equipment etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning, linen and towels are all included within the rental prices. Other: From the front entrance the staircase with marble treads and barrel vaulted stone ceiling leads up to first floor of the accommodation. Due to the levy charged by some airlines, for your convenience we provide beach towels, hair drier & straighteners.