Cottage near Montgomery, Powys, Wales and Bishops' Castle, (near Ludlow) Shropshire - SY15 6TW - Excellent for Coast, Castles, Mountains of Wales and the Historic Towns of Shropshire
Upper Castlewright Cottage, which was refurbished to the highest standards in 2007 to provide highest level of accommodation for 5 adults, is believed to date back to the 1400s - the 15th century. It is situated at 1,175 ft on the single track Kerry Ridgeway, one of the oldest roads in Wales dating back to Roman times. The cottage has spectacular views and on a clear day Snowdon and Cader Idris, two of Wales’ highest mountains, can be seen. The cottage is an ideal touring base for the coast, castles and mountains of mid and north Wales and for the historic English Shropshire towns of Shrewsbury, Much Wenlock and Ludlow. An ideal base for walkers being 500 yards from a beautiful section of the Offa's Dyke national footpath. The cottage has a good sized open plan kitchen with inglenook and living room with wood burning stove, a utility room, 3 well equipped bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Central heating, garden, off lane parking, pets allowed by arrangement (£10 per week).
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The towns and beautiful beaches of the Welsh coast are accessible by car - about 1.5 hours drive. Of particular note are Aberdovey, the Mawdach Estuary and Dolgellau, Harlech and Portmeirion.
A car is essential. Manchester Airport is closest - about 100 miles/2 hours. Birmingham and Liverpool airports are a similar distance. From channel ports allow around 5 hours - 250 - 280 miles.
Bishop's Castle, 3.5 miles.
Montgomery, 5 miles.
Newtown, 8 miles.
Welshpool, 12 miles.
Ludlow, 20 miles.
Shrewsbury, 24 miles.
Snowdonia National Park, 30 miles.
Chester, 50 miles.
See website below for additional information and details of local amenities.
- Booking Notes:
A cheque for 30 per cent of the cottage hire value will requested when confirmation of the booking has been received. The balance is payable 56 days before arrival day. For bookings made within the 2 month period the full amount will be payable on booking.
Cancellation - more then 56 days lose deposit. Under 56 day lose 90 per cent of booking value.
For full details see website below.
The changeover day is Friday. Guests are asked to arrive after 3pm and depart before 10am.
Notes on prices:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01686 668180.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom upstairs - can be used on en-suite with master bedroom - fully tiled with sized bath with fixed and hand showers, WC, basin and shaver point. Fully tiled downstairs shower room with wc and basin with shaver point.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) - two doubles, one single Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom with 5ft x 6ft 3in double bed, outstanding views. Bedroom 2 with 6ft x 6ft 6in double bed or two 3 ft twin beds, outstanding views Bedroom 3 (downstairs) with single bed 6ft x 3 ft All bedrooms are fully carpeted.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Telephone access by arrangement. Pets by arrangement - £10 per pet per week. Outside: There are 2 gardens. 1 is by the house with picnic table. The other garden is across the lane. it has parking for 2 cars, a beach and summer house, with outstanding views. Utility Room: Sink/drainer, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and outside clothes dryer, hooks for outdoor clothes. Room for dog bowl and bed. Slate floor. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The cottage is cleaned weekly on a Friday (hand over day). If guests are staying 2 weeks or more cottage will be cleaned only if requested. Other: Summerhouse in garden, with electricity. Wonderful views. Ideal for artist or painter. WiFi.