Chalet in Val d'Illiez, Nr. Les Crosets / Champery, Valais, Switzerland - Idyllic Location 5 mins from Village, Skiing 650km
A beautiful Valaison farmhouse, featured in ‘Country Homes & Interiors’. Sleeps 7, 4 bedrooms. Perched on the side of the mountain with stunning views of the Dents du Midi and Rhone Valley from every room, it is within 5 minutes walking distance of the picturesque village of Val d'Illiez with its direct link train and bus services to Champery (7 minutes) and the extensive skiing area of the Portes du Soleil (650km) in Switzerland and France. The house still retains the atmosphere of a 130 year old house and is spacious and well furnished. Hotels, restaurants, bars in village. Thermal baths, sports centre in Champery with curling rink, tennis, swimming pools, horse-riding, restaurants, bars and shops.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
It was love at first site! Family da Silva
A memorable holiday. Beautiful chalet, great views and snow. Sacha Bauer, Christmas 2007.
We really enjoyed staying in les Melezes. A lovely chalet. Plenty of sun and show! Family van Doorn. February 2008
Activity and Interests
Geneva airport 1½ hour. Driving distance from Calais 7-8 hrs approx. It is not essential to have a car but is recommended.
5 mins walk to village. 10 mins by car/train to Champery. 20 mins drive to les Crosets. 20 mins drive to Champoussin. 25 mins drive to Morgins.
20 minutes drive to Montreux and lac Leman. 1 1/2 hrs drive to Geneva.
2 1/2 hrs by train Val d'Illiez - Geneva Airport.
Supermarket, bakers/patisserie, bank, post office, three restaurants, garage/tabac selling English newspapers, church, thermal baths, paragliding school. Direct train link Champery, Monthey and Geneva, Bus to Champoussin and Les Crosets. Swimming, tennis, horse riding, hiking, wine tasting. Well located for the Geneva Classic Car Show.
- Booking Notes:
50% payment to secure booking. Payment of remaining rental 2 months before departure. Delapidations deposit in the form of a cheque which will be returned to the client at the end of the tenancy.
Saturday but could be flexible.
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- First floor large double shower with separate wc. Ground floor bathroom with separate wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, spacious with 2 single beds, marble dresser Bedroom 2, large room, antique double bed, marble dresser, balcony. Bedroom 3, x 1 single bed. Bedroom 4, double bed (ground floor). All with mountain and valley views.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Les Melezes is very warm in winter. In addition there is a wood-burning stove. In summer it is cool due to the large roof eves which give protection from the summer heat. Due to its location very young children should be supervised when outside. Open tread spiral staircase. Outside: The house stands in its own grounds. There are terraces for sunbathing and an ecurie (barn) for storing skis. An enclosed lawn. Table, chairs and BBQ. A ping-pong table is located on the upper loggia. Utility Room: Washing machine, dryer, ironing board and ski storage. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Welcome pack. Towels and linen are included. Property is cleaned before and after tenancy. Other: Ping-pong table on the upstairs loggia. Barn for ski storage.