Villa in Son Bou, San Jaime, Menorca, Balearic Islands - Panoramic Sea Views, 10 mins walk to the Beach
Five Farthings is a traditional split level villa furnished to a holiday standard with private pool. It is situated mid way up the pine clad hillside with wonderful views of the beach and the bay from the terraces towards Majorca. Son Bou has a long sandy beach with safe bathing for children. The centre of Son Bou has bars, restaurants and shops all within easy walking distance.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
You have a wonderfully located property in an excellent resort on a beautiful island, which you know well and can provide exceptionally valuable advice on.
I enjoyed a lovely week's stay in your villa, it is a marvellous place with super facilities. I enjoyed a couple of rounds of golf at Son Parc and we all ate well in Fornells and Mercadel. Having never been to any Balearic Island before I thought Menorca was about the right size for me and offered everything one could want.
Activity and Interests
Son Bou beach is the longest beach in Menorca and is 5 mins by car from the villa, 10 mins walk. It has almost 3km of pale golden sand, a sunbather's dream with facilities from beach bars to water skiing and wind surfing. The water shelves gently and swimming is generally safe. The beach is so long that it rarely gets crowded, it is always possible to find your own secluded spot.
Menorca's airport is on the outskirts of Mahon approx 20 mins drive from the villa. Whilst car hire is not essential it would certainly add to your enjoyment. Taxis are available and a bus service in the season.
Alaior is the nearest small town , 7km away, it is full of character and well worth a visit, in addition to supermarkets it has a host of small shops, bakers, butcher and greengrocers. Mahon the capital 20 mins drive from the villa has a famous harbour, lovely restaurants and cafe's and good shopping, Cuitadella an hours drive away at the other end of the island is rich in history with interesting old buildings, a favourite for yachtsmen as is Fornells in the north.
For immediate needs there are 2 small supermarkets in San Jaime there are larger supermarkets in Alaior the supermarkets in Mahon have a wonderful variety of produce and are a 'must' for a visit. There are cash points and telephones in San Jaime and during the season a medical centre as well as well stocked pharmacy, the island is well served with hospitals in Mahon and Cuitadella. San Jaime has some restaurants but there are excellent restaurants in Alaior, Mercadel, Fornells and of course Mahon and Ciutadella. On arrival it is wise to purchase the up to date copy of 'Roqueta' Menorca's English Magazine where new and existing restaurants are reviewed.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact us for booking. A 20% 'non-returnable' deposit is required on booking with the balance due 8 weeks before departure. We can help with car hire or additional extras such as cots or highchairs.
Friday is the changeover day, although we can be flexible depending on current bookings. Arrivals in the villa not normally before 3pm, departures before 10am.
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to master bedroom with bath, shower and bidet. Bathroom with bath/shower over, separate shower, WC and bidet. WC with wash basin off entrance hall.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with twin beds, fitted wardrobes, overhead fan, doors opening onto pool terrace. Bedroom 2 with two single beds, ceiling fan and fitted wardrobes. Bedroom 3 with double bed, ceiling fan and fitted wardrobes.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is split level with bedrooms and bathrooms below the living area and there is a flight of steps between the floors, these have been used safely by children. Outside: The living room terrace has a table and chairs for 6. The lower pool area has 2 patios again with table chairs and loungers and umbrellas. The private pool is a swimmers pool 7x5m. The larger terrace has a small BBQ and room with wc, basin and fridge. There is a small but pretty garden on each side of the villa. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The villa is looked after by English management so there are no difficulties with language and is cleaned by them before your arrival. Bath towels and bed linen are provided on a weekly basis. Please bring your own beach towels. Other: A small WC is located near the entrance hall.