Cottage in Franschhoek, Western Cape Winelands, South Africa - 5 Min Walk from the Village Boasting Fine Restaurants
Maison Mafunyani, a quaint secluded cottage with a private swimming pool. It is located on the edge of the village of Franschhoek which has a host of shops, galleries and many fine restaurants, some listed in the top 100 in the entire country. The cottage has been tastefully decorated throughout and sleeps 4 persons in 2 bedrooms, each with double bed and air conditioning. The open plan lounge leads to a breakfast counter and fitted kitchen. The bathroom contains a shower and corner bath. Outside, the large patio overlooks a sparkling private pool and garden. 2 golf courses within driving distance. 5 mins walk to Franschhoek village.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We enjoyed our stay thoroughly, brilliant location.' - Mrs Tenkrooden - London.
'Nice cottage felt at home immediately.' - Mr Shall - Germany.
'Thanks for an enjoyable stay.' - Mr and Mrs Cregeen - London.
Activity and Interests
Cape Town, 'The Mother City', with its International Airport is only 45 mins drive away. Use of a car is highly recommended.
The village of Franschhoek is just 5 mins walk away. The towns of Parl and Stellenbosch are around 20 and 25 mins drive away. Hermanus which is a fabulous location to enjoy whale watching is only 90 mins drive away. And of course Cape Town is just 45 mins away which has many famous places of interest to visit and enjoy.
Franschhoek's main street is lined with shops and galleries where you will find a treasure trove of antiques, art, crafts and bric-a-brac. It's many fine restaurants, some in the top 100 in the country, will offer you a huge variety of menu options utilising the superb fresh produce gathered from the surrounding valley. Naturally, wine is all important here, and with the wine industry as one of regions biggest attractions, you can taste and buy the local vintages at many of the estates along the Vignerons de Franschhoek wine route.
The Franschhoek valley also provides superb opportunities for those who wiish to cycle,hike or horse ride.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To make a firm booking and check for availability, please go to our contacts page at the website at the bottom of the page.
A deposit of 50% is required to confirm your booking.
Check in time is from 3.00 p.m. unless by prior arrangement. Please phone Chris on 083 3831614 to arrange your check in time.
Check out time (including return of the keys) is no later than 10.00 a.m. unless by
Notes on prices:
Prices are based on up to two people sharing for a minimum of two nights, All rates are quoted in Rand
From 24th December to 2nd January - minimum stay of 5 nights.
For longer stays please contact us for rates.
- Available arrival
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom contains a large shower and corner bath, wash basin and wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - Bed room 1 is air conditioned
- Bedroom 2 - Bedroom 2 is now airconditioned
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 overlooking the front garden, is fitted with double bed, fitted wardrobes and dressing table including hairdryer. Bedroom 2 with French doors which open onto the patio is fitted with double bed and fitted wardrobes with dressing table.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The large patio and private garden overlooks the sparkling pool. The patio area is equipped with sun loungers, table and chairs suitable for outside dining, there is also a barbecue. The gardens are watered by an automatic irrigation system and are tendered to by gardeners once a week. The pool is cleaned once a week by a pool cleaning company. There is parking for two cars on the property. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen, towels and pool towels are included in the rental. The property will be thoroughly cleaned before your arrival. Linen will be changed weekly for guests staying more than one week. An extra maid and laundry service can also be arranged.