Holiday Villa in San Ginesio, Le Marche, Italy - Located Close To Medieval Town Of San Ginesio And Sarnano
The villa is located within an hours drive from Ancona airport, 40 mins from the beaches of the Adriatic coast and 20 mins to the Sibillini mountains - ideal for beach lovers and outdoor sports enthusiasts. Set in a tranquil environment, it offers a large degree of privacy. The medieval towns of San Ginesio and Sarnano are close by, as well as Macerata, host of the summer outdoor opera festival. The area is of outstanding beauty. For food lovers, there are organic butchers, cheese and pasta just around the corner along with a large range of restaurants and cafes. Vineyards are spread all over the area, offering wines of the famous Verdicchio and Sangiovese grapes. Large original stone fired pizza oven next to the main house. The infinity pool and spacious surrounds invite its guest spend lazy summer days by the large infinity pool. Poolhouse with iPod connections to chill during the heat of the day. Children are safe to roam around the nearby woods. Table tennis table for outdoors.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful villa - great pool, views and garden!
About the Owner
We feel in love with the area when visiting it back in 2005 and decided to buy a derelict house to restore it over a few years. We spend a lot of time and research on getting it back to its former glory - using old building practises and materials from the area.
THe purpose of the house is to get away from it all - we have a hectic working life and we were looking for a place to escape...
We got married on the premises in 2007 - the place was finished only hours earlier!
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Thanks for sharing your fantastic house with us - it certainly lived up to expectations!! We will definetely recommend this region and this house." Family from Salford
"Thanks so much for letting us use your beautiful house for two weeks. Fantastic house, fantastic pool. Our 18 month old daughter loved it!" Family from Manchester
"Have had a fantastic fortnight here at Casa Colette. The house has been great, the garden, the pool and backdrops all very nice! We are all very sorry to be leaving."
4.8 based on 9 holidaymaker reviews
Nice house in beautiful countrside
Lovely house, finished to high standard with lots of space
Inside and out
Outdoor Pizza oven was great - especially if you light it well in advance.
Lago fiastra is beautiful to visit as well as local towns/restaurants.
Bettina was helpful - and gave some excellent tips by email (unprompted) during our stay.
Beautiful villa - great pool, views and garden!
This was our third stay here and we have booked to go back next year! The villa is beautiful and has all mod. cons. The pool and garden are large and wonderful for children. The house has been beautifully restored - it is a wonderful house in which to relax. It is a short drive to San Ginesio. The hosts are efficient and helpful.
We had a wonderful, relaxing time at Casa Colette. The villa is beautiful with everything you need. The pool was great and kept the children entertained. San Ginesio was a beautiful little village - great places to eat. My daughters want to score it 6 stars! They are missing Charlie and Guiseppe the dogs !
Very Nice house and garden
Nice property. Everything you need for a lovely holiday ! Clean and cosy.
Welcoming and spacious holiday home in Le Marche
The house has been lovingly restored to a comfortable and restful holiday villa. Our week was over all too quickly and we'll make plans to visit again. The house is spacious, rooms have great beds and plenty of storage space. Multiple bathrooms and a kitchen with everything you will need to live the Italian life. The pool is fabulous, clean and uses a salt filtration meaning the water is not chlorinated and easy on the eyes and skin. Sitting round the pool, hours slip past without you noticing. Charlie the dog may make an appearance, a friendly dog looking for hugs and treats, if he likes you he'll stick around. Watch for the fireflies and bats at night.
San Ginesio and Sarnano are wonderful to visit, try out your Italian and you'll receive much warmer service. The pizzas in the square in San Ginesio are wonderful, and you can buy their homemade pasta to cook at home. If you fancy a pleasant walk, Abbadia d'Fiastra about 15 mins drive away is a must.
The owners are friendly and helpful, the whole process and accomodation are highly recommended.
Wonderful holiday home
Beautiful property, really well maintained and furnished to a high standard but with a very homely feel. Owners and property manager extremely helpful and nice to deal with. There is so much to see and do in local area. Would love to visit this part of Italy in the future and would definitely stay at property again.
From the Owner
“The area is a very unspoilt part of Italy - moutains with ski lift in the winter, hiking and mountain biking in the summer. Very Italian with few international tourists keeps the area authentic. Very reasonably priced restaurants with local foods and wine. Easy reach of the beach and seafood restaurants. Loads of small festivals going on in the summer and the italians are very friendly.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Monti Sibillini for walking, trekking, mountain-biking and hangliding. Guided visits to the park must be booked in advance in the summer months. They provide 4 different themed itineraries - exploring the themes of history, flowers, magic and religion in the park. You can tour the park by car, bike, or on foot, whichever suits the place you are visiting. There are 14 circular routes in the Monti Sibillini, each of which can be walked in a day, and the Great Ring by mountain bike, which can be comfortably completed in 4 or 5 days. The durations given in the guide, longer than strictly necessary to complete the routes, invite you to put away the stopwatch and synchronize your pedal cycles with those of the natural environment, which varies with each change of gear and season. The challenge, therefore, is to tackle ascents and descents to test your physical aptitude.
The Adriatic coast and its beaches are a 40 min drive away, with the beaches of Civitanova marche, San Elpidio are Mare and Porto San Giorgio. A little bit further afield are the beaches of the Conero island, such as Numana and Porto Nuovo. The Marche has got over 100km of coastline, with too many beaches to mention.
Ancona airport is 1.5hour drive and Pescara at 2 hours, with both airports being serviced by Ryanair. There are also flights to Perugia, 1.5 hours from the house, and flights to Bologna Forli, also serviced by Ryanair. Ancona airport is also serviced by Lufthansa , germanwings and Alitalia. A car is essential, as the area is rural and the public transport network very Italian....
San Ginesio 5km, Sarnano 9km, Macerata 15km, Monti Sibillini 5km. There are plenty of unspoilt little villages in the area. 90% of the Italian shoe industry is in Le Marche, and the area is plentyful of outlets. The villa has a comprehensive list of local attractions.
San Ginesio has got 2 banks, supermarkets, a greengrocer's and a wonderful old square with the Bar centrale and a good pizza place. Restaurants are plentiful in the area, serving local dishes and regional wines. The area is very reasonably priced. We keep a guidebook with leaflets for our clients and descriptions to the best restaurants in the area. Visit the various websites for more information.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Apr 2017 - 23 Jun 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
24 Jun 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|End of stay cleaning||£120|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Total relaxation - whether by the pool or in front of the fireplace. The property is an easy 5 minutes drive - or a challening 40 minutes walk uphill - from San Ginesio. Very rustic appeal from the outside but contemporary on the inside with a very well equipped kitchen. The infinity pool is unique in the area - it is now a salt water pool which is so much kinder to the skin. Plenty of books, an XBOX and a WII will keeps kids busy on a rainy day - not that you have them often! My husband loves his lawn, so with an expensive sprinkler system installed we ensure you always have a lush green lawn!”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Games ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- live theatre
- winery tours
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- ski lift pass
- 200 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite marble shower room to bedroom 1 with toilet, sink and large rainshower. Family marble bathroom with bath and rainshower over, bidet, twin sink and toilet. Bathroom 3 with large, freestanding bathtub and shower device, bidet, sink and toilet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 adults, cot and sofa bed on request Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - double bedroom with en-suite, Bedroom 2 - double bedroom which shares a family bathroom with Bedroom 3, a twin bedroom. Bedroom 4 is a double bedroom under the eaves accessed via stairs from studio room with sofabed to and a third bathroom.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is fully heated and stays lovely and cool in the summer as the outdoor walls are of 70cm thick limestone. In addition to the front door, there are 4 patio doors with access to a surrounding terrace. Shutters on every window and doors to keep the light out. The property is designed over three floors, with the open living/dining room and kitchen, as well as the cloakroom downstairs. The stairs lead to the first floor with 3 of the 4 bedrooms and the family bathroom. The studio room with the television and XBOX is also on the first floor. In addition to the television, it has got two sofas and wood burner. One has to take the stairs in the studio room leading to the spacious bedroom 4 from the gallery on the second floor with the 3rd bathroom. Children are welcome. Fly screens in every room. NEW! Ceiling fans installed in three bedrooms Outside: The pool is a gorgeous 12 x 8m infinity pool with travertine tiles all around and a pool house to seek shade during those hot, lunchtime hours. Wide stairs are leading into the pool, making access easy for everybody and inviting to sit and read in the pool! The garden is laid to lawn with it's own sophisticated irrigation system using rainwater stored in underground tanks and natural well. There is an original outdoor stone pizza/bread oven in good working order and a Weber BBQ at your disposal. The garden furniture is spread around the terraces outside the house and comprises of 8 chairs and a large dining table, and 6 smaller chairs with two additional tables. Furthermore there are 10 large sunloungers and a breakfast bar at the pool. All outdoor furniture can be spread around the patio which surrounds the house, to offer ultimate shade in the summer. NEW: outdoor table tennis table! Utility Room: Separate outdoor building with AEG washing machine, a separate dryer and enough room to dry clothes. Downstairs cloakroom off the kitchen - easy access for those with reduced mobility. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are inluded (including plenty of towels for the pool). The property will be handed over clean and there will be a cleaning charge upon leaving the property. Additional cleaning services can be arranged if desired. Other: Studio room on first floor with 47 inch flatscreen television, WII and Xbox 360 with large selection of games and DVDs . Satellite television with multiple channels. Wireless broadband internet connection for those with their own laptop. Pool house.