Farmhouse in Mielan, Nr Mirande, Gascony, France - Peaceful Location would Suit Young Families
Charming C18 farmhouse in rural Gascony which has been very well equipped and decorated by its owners for their own use. Located in beautiful and unspoilt Gascon countryside, the house is 90 minutes by car from Toulouse airport or 75 minutes from Pau airport. The nearest bastide town for shopping is 6 minutes away and a supermarket and larger market town is 10 minutes away. Set in gorgeous rolling hills the house has everything a family could need. The large heated swimming pool is securely fenced and there is a large outdoor trampoline and swings etc. There are two outdoor eating areas. Inside there is a kitchen, sitting room, playroom and dining room. The house has five bedrooms plus one cot room with two bathrooms and one shower room. There are lots of children’s toys, games, videos and DVDs along with high chair, buggy etc for guests to use. DVD and video players along with Freeview available.
Top Traveller Review
Hidden gem in the stunning Gers countryside
About the Owner
We are a family of five. Our children are now aged 18, 16 and 12. We have owned our wonderful holiday home for 14 years. Our children have had all their early age holidays in this home and it still suits families with children.
We live near Oundle and have a flat in London and still love visiting rural Gascony
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Thank you both so much - we absolutely loved our time in your very beautiful and comfortable house. It really was perfect." Thomas family 2012.
"Wow, your house is beautiful! we've just arrived. We cannot quite believe how gorgeous the house is and in such a wonderful setting! Many thanks." David Klapholz 2012.
''We have returned from our wonderful week in Le Serien. It really is a very special house and place and we all enjoyed our time there. The pool was fantastic, garden beautiful, amazing views, the beds so comfortable, well-equipped and a lovely homely atmosphere. Thank you so much.' - Johnson family 2008.
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Hidden gem in the stunning Gers countryside
A homely house set in a beautiful garden which is suitable for a large family or two average families - as our party was. The house has a family home feel to it and its layout means larger parties can spend time together or apart. The garden has a fantastic pool slightly way from the house and great bbq and eating area right outside the kitchen door. It is a very tranquil location with very few cars on the roads. The views from the knoll at the top of the garden over the Pyrenees are amazing and if you are lucky you could spot a few shooting stars. We all had a fantastic holiday at Le Serien and would recommend it to anyone wanting a true get-away-from-it all experience.
A beautiful spot in which to relax or play
A charming family home in delightful secluded surroundings it would have special attractions for a family holiday, and has both the equipment and accommodation lay-out to suit children of any age, with two sitting-rooms and a separate two-bedroom and en-suite wing allowing for a degree of generational separation. But as an older couple we found it one of the most charming houses we have stayed in during twenty-five years of visiting Le Gers with everything we needed, comfortable arrangements, and ready access to the places round about which we like to visit. Being fond of Marciac (Jazz Festival in August) we had supper there most evenings but there are several excellent restaurants within twenty minutes' drive which are also worth a visit. I enjoyed early morning walks in beautiful country seldom seeing a vehicle, and on a clear day views of the Pyrenees are superb.The owners' representative is an added bonus, a charming switched-on lady who made it clear that she was available to help with the slightest thing at the drop of a hat. Altogether very highly recommended.
Rural family comfort
We stayed at Le Serien for a fortnight - ourselves with daughter, son-in-law and three grandchildren (8,6 and 3). This was one of our best holiday homes ever: perfectly equipped for families, with so much space indoors and out and wonderful views of the Pyrenees from the garden. The owners have succeeded in creating comfort and style, so that the holiday felt as if we were staying in a real home. It would be hard to praise it too much!
From the Owner
“It is the most beautiful area with rolling hills and distant views of the Pyrenees Mountains. It is extremely quiet and relaxing.”
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach 2 hours away, Biarritz.
Toulouse 90 mins away. Pau 75 mins away. Use of car is essential. Nearest port is Santander or San Sebastien, N Spain.
Mielan 10 mins. Mirande 12 mins. Auch 30 mins. Marciac 25 mins (Jazz festival in August). Pau 60 mins. Condom 60 mins.
Local village (Mielan) has baker, butcher, mini-market, newsagent, post office, bank, pharmacy plus 2 bars and 2 restaurants. Mirande is bigger and has all of the above plus several bars and restaurants and large supermarket. The beautiful Gascon countryside is famous for its sunflowers and its foie gras. It is the least populated department in France and has a unique rural charm. The people are extremely helpful and friendly. The area is full of unspoilt C13/C14 bastide towns and villages with timbered market squares.
- Booking Notes:
Please call for further details. A booking deposit is required with the balance payable 8 weeks before arrival. An additional safety deposit will be required.
Changeover is fairly flexible. Arrival time 3pm, departure time 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is extremely well appointed and has all the equipment for a young family. Children can have a care free and safe holiday here with no nearby neighbours.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 with bath, WC, basin shared by bedrooms 1, 2 and cot room (upstairs). Bathroom 2 with shower, WC, basin (upstairs). Bathroom 3 with bath/shower over, basin (downstairs). Separate WC (downstairs).
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10/11 (5 Bedrooms + Cot Room) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with Super King sized bed (up). Bedroom 2 with twin beds (up). Bedroom 3 with King sized bed (down). Bedroom 4 with twin beds (down). Bedroom 5 with bunk beds (down). Cot room with single bed or cot (up).
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house has been fully equipped for our young family and so there are plastic plates, cutlery, cups etc. along with high chair, buggy, baby chair, bed safety barrier, changing mat, cot, car booster seats and lots of toys, videos, books etc. The extensive outdoor space is completely fenced and the pool has a child proof fence with locked gate. There is also a trampoline, Wendy house and wooden swing/slide along with other outdoor toys. Outside: 1.5 acres of rolling gardens including raised knoll with table and benches with stunning views. The private heated swimming pool is 12m x 6m with pool house including WC, fridge and sink. Sun loungers, outdoor shower. There is a BBQ. Outdoor dining is directly outside the kitchen with a large wooden table seating 10/12 with electric sun canopy. Second terrace has bench, chairs and coffee table. In addition a favourite place for breakfast/pre dinner drinks is up at the table on the raised knoll. Utility Room: Washing machine and dryer in cupboard downstairs in bathroom 3. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. The property is cleaned once a week. The towels and linen are changed at each changeover. Other: Playroom with 2 sofas, coffee table, toy cupboard, TV/video player.