Villa with Pool near Saintes, Charente Maritime - In A Quiet Village Between Saintes And Cognac
A grand 18th century Charentaise villa, with 5 en-suite bedrooms, magnificent galleried living room, heated 12x6m swimming pool, beautiful gardens and woods over 9000sq.m (2.5 acres). Located within walking distance of a quiet village just outside the historic and beautiful city of Saintes.
The house is well-equiped for a comfortable stay of a large family or more than one family sharing a fun and relaxed holiday.
About the Owner
From the Owner
“This is a spacious house which provides plenty of room both inside and outside for a large group. It is at the edge of a quiet village, which would allow you to rub shoulders with the locals over a drink or two, if you wish. It has been set up as a real home from home for its owners, who hope you will choose to stay there and get to appreciate the charm and soul of this lovely rural. In the summer months, the heated pool and gardens are a real pleasure to enjoy, with beautiful vista over the countryside.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The proximity to Cognac provides an excellent opportunity for visiting the famous distilleries of this beautiful town. Further afield, the Bordeaux region makes for excellent day trips for wine-lovers.
Nearest beach is in Royan about 30-40 mins of the house with its long stretches of sand, ideal for families. There are plenty of water sports including surfing.
La Rochelle Airport approx. one hour away, Easyjet flights from Gatwick during summer, Ryanair flights from Stansted throughout the year. Bordeax airport: 1.15 hours. Drive from Calais 7 hours. Ferry port of Saint Malo (from Portsmouth) 4.5 hours. High speed TGV trains to Angouleme about 2.5 hours from Paris.
The house is in the village of Saint Sauvant, which has a 12th century church, a small shop, a bar and a restaurant within walking distance. There are a number of supermarkets within a short diriving distance. Historic town of Saintes is 10 mins with many bars, restaurants, shops as well as a theatre (includes cinema). Great market. Town of Cognac (15 mins away) with many famous distilleries, beautiful architecture, shops and bars. La Rochelle is 45 mins away with many attractions.
Charente Maritime is the second sunniest region of France and therefore offers relatively mild springs and autumns, as well as warm summer months. It is famous for its seafood and oysters in particular, as well as its famous aperitif, Pineau Charente.
The area is generally flat which makes it popular for cycling with many hire shops and plenty of good routes.
There are many long and wide sandy beaches in the area, which are popular with families.
At least 3 public golf courses nearby in Saintes, Cognac and Royan. Tennis, Fishing, Riding all close by.
La Palmyre zoo within 45 mins.
The Paleosite, an archaeological excavated site dating back to the Neandertals 35,000 years ago, with interactive animations and many spectacles, is situated within 5 mins of the house.
Many music and dance festivals during summer around the area.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£600|
A deposit of £500 per week secures the booking. The balance is payable by 3 months prior to the arrival date. In case of cancellation by the guests, full refund may only be made if replacement could be found at no net loss of rent. Refundable breakages deposit of £600 required 2 weeks prior to arrival and will be refunded after your departure (subject to satisfactory property inspection).
Friday is changeover date. Our guests have told us that travelling on Fridays is a much more pleasant experience as less busy. Outside of the high season changeover days may be flexible. Arrival time after 4 p.m. and departure by 10 a.m.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Long winter let discounts are available. Rental prices in the cooler months exclude heating bills, which will be added locally and depending on the weather.
ALL ENQUIRIES PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO RECENT INTERNET SCAMS AND BOGUS ENQUIRIES, UNLESS YOU PROVIDE A VALID TELEPHONE NUMBER WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO YOUR ENQUIRY. THIS IS TO BOTH PROTECT YOU AND OURSELVES. THANK YOU.
£500 per week will secure your reservation. The balance is due 3 months prior to the start of your holiday
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room ...
- Ping Pong Table
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- water parks
- winery tours
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, bedrooms 4 and 5 share a toilet but each have a bathroom
- En suite bathrooms to: Bedroom 1 with bath, shower and WC. Bedroom 2 with bath and WC. Bedroom 3 with bath and WC. Bedroom 4, with bath. Bedroom 5, with shower. 2 separate WCs. Pls note bedrooms 4 & 5 share a WC but have separate bath/shower & basin
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms) plus 2 cots Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, super kingsize bed. Bedroom 2, twin beds. Bedroom 3, 4 single beds (ideal for children sharing). Bedroom 4, super kingsize bed. Bedroom 5, twin beds. 2 cots available.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- The high ceilings and the cool interior, together with the beautiful pool and gardens provide an ideal summer vacation residence. Charente maritime has relatively mild autumns and winters and this together with the centrally heated rooms make for an equally pleasurable stay outside the summer season. The log fire in the main living room provides a cosy and warm atmosphere and thlarge dining area is ideal for large family gatherings including Christmas celebrations. There are two pianos: One traditional and one electronic and musical guests are welcome to enjoy playing them. Outside: 12m x 6m heated swimming pool (fenced) 9000 sq.m. of garden and woods offering plenty of space to relax and play, treehouse, children’s play area. The pool is open from mid May to end of September and there are plenty of sun loungers and parasols for you to use. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, additional fridge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen will be provided. Bath, hand and pool towels will be provided. For stays of more than 1 week, fresh bed linen will be supplied weekly at no extra charge. please bring beach towels. Galleried mezzanine above the main living room is another sitting area with TV, DVD player and plenty of sofas. The grand salon has two pianos.