Farmhouse in Ver, Gavray, Normandy, France - Country Location, 5 min to Market Town
La Basserie was built in 1794 and is a Normandy farmhouse. Situated 15 minutes from the west coast of the Cotentin Peninsula about half way between Coutances and the port of Granville. It is comprehensively equipped with a library and has a large log burner and with storage heaters in all rooms. Secluded rural position. All garden furniture. There is a 3 acre field opposite. The area is extremely peaceful and a 5 mile sandy beach at Brehal 20 minutes away.Full wifi broadband
About the Owner
Peter and Dee Cope are retired and have owned the house since 1989 - they loved the peace and quiet of the area and the beautiful countryside, and the wonderful food.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Everyone who has stayed at La Basserie appreciated the peace and quiet of this unspoiled countryside, and relaxed pace of life. Also the beautiful beaches unspoilt countryside.
Remember that the house was built in 1784, so it has slate tiles on some of the floor, carpets in the bedrooms, but it is cool in the summer.
Activity and Interests
20-25 mins drive to the beach (large sandy beaches and sand dunes to choose from). We are also 1 hour from St Michaels Mount.There is also a very good Zoo in the next town, and a large seawater pool in Granville.We are 1 hour away from Bayeaux and D Day beaches.
Nearest airport is Caen and the house is about 2 hours drive from Caen channel port or 2 hours and from Le Havre and Cherbourg. Or From Caen. Fast ferry is from Cherbourg.
Nearest town is the local town of Gavray. There you will find a market twice a week and bank, butchers, bakers, chemists, several restaurants and hotels and a supermarket. There is also an excellent vet.
Gavray is a bustling market town which has many shops, is very pleasant and has some very nice bars and restaurants.
There are many local facilities including pony trekking nearby, tennis courts in village, beautiful town and marina at Granville and Cathedral town of Coutances.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Sep 2018 - 31 Oct 2018
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
The house is normally booked Saturday - Saturday but can be booked at other dates by arrangement. Long term lets are available at much reduced costs. A charge of 30 euros will be taken from the deposit if the house is not left clean and tidy.
Winter lets from 650 euros per month plus utilities.
Normally Saturday - Saturday but can be negotiated.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs bathroom with bath, shower, wash basin and lavatory. Downstairs bathroom with walk in shower, wash basin and lavatory.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with large brass double bed and wash basin. Bedroom 2 with large brass double bed. Bedroom 3 with two single beds. Bedroom 4 with large bunk beds.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: House is heated by large log burner and storage heaters in all rooms. It is very suitable for children as it is off the road and in a quiet position. It has a fully enclosed garden with orchard.Also a 3 acre field opposite. We have full broadband internet access. DVD.TV.DVD library Outside: There is a large fully enclosed mature garden with lawns, flower borders, and trees, including an orchard. The garden furniture is supplied including loungers and tables and chairs. Opposite the house is a three acre field. The garden also has a vegetable plot. Utility Room: Fridge/freezer, one normal fridge, washing machine and dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All duvets, pillows and bed counterpanes are supplied duvet covers and sheets, pillow slips but not towels please suppy your own. Other: Sitting room, sofa, 2 x armchairs, 2 x Parker Knoll armchairs and library. Several occasional tables.