Farmhouse Nr.Ploermel, Morbihan, Brittany, France - Peaceful Rural Hamlet
A beautiful 300 year old traditional oak beamed Breton family farmhouse situated in the heart of Brittany and just under one hour’s drive from St Malo ferry port and the airports of Dinard and Rennes. Located in the peaceful, rural hamlet of Riolo, the property is surrounded by medieval towns and are just minutes from the largest lake in Brittany offering waterskiing, windsurfing, pedalos and safe bathing. Superb sandy beaches and the Atlantic Ocean warmed by the Gulf Stream are an easy 50 minute drive south, whilst the medieval town of Josselin with its magnificent chateau set on the Nantes Brest canal is less than 15 minutes away by car. With private gardens at both the front and rear of the property it’s the perfect setting to relax whilst the children play safely. The local village of Guilliers is just a few minutes drive or a pleasant cycle ride through scenic country lanes. There you will find several bars, restaurants, a general store and the all important boulangerie.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
Thank you - and thanks again for your wonderful house. We have some fabulous memories and all keep on saying ‘wish we were back in Brittany’.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Market towns. Every French town seems to host at least one market per week – a great opportunity to try out all that’s best in local cuisine. The nearest market can be found in the town of Ploermel 15 mins every Monday and Friday morning.
Brittany’s prehistoric past. A vast wealth of megalithic remains scattered across Brittany evoke the region’s prehistoric past. The single most famous site is Carnac 60 mins drive, whose spectacular alignments of menhirs may have been erected as part of an ancient observatory.
The moors and woodlands of inland Brittany are the realm of legend, with the forest of Paimpont 20 mins drive steeped in Arthurian legends and offering a variety of walks to suit families or the serious hiker.
Riolo offers easy access to the best of Brittany’s northern and southern beaches/coastlines. In the north the coastline offers dramatic rocks and cliffs whilst in contrast the South offers a coastline warmed by the Gulf Stream making it ideal for bathing and silver sandy beaches just right for sun bathing or building sandcastles. For the more active, water skiing, windsurfing, sailing, snorkelling, kite surfing, sand yachting or body boarding are available.
Airports at Rennes 43 miles / 50 mins. Dinard 54 miles / 60 mins. Brest 135 miles / 2 hours Nantes 92 miles / 90 mins. Ferry ports at St Malo 61 miles / 1 hour. Roscoff 104 miles / 2 hours 20 mins. Caen 157 miles 2½ hours. Cherbourg 186 miles / 3 hours. Car essential.
Outdoor/Indoor Activities: As well as a range of water sports at the nearby Lac au Duc the area is well served for walkers and cyclists with the nearby Voie Verte 10 mins offering cycling and walking along a converted rail track extending from Mauron in the North to Questembert in the South. Alternatively travel along the Nantes-Brest canal and pass through medieval towns and stunning scenery. Indoor swimming pools can be found in Mauron (10 mins) and Vannes 45 mins (this one has slides), whilst an outdoor pool and slides can be found beside the Lac au Duc. There is also a ten pin bowling in nearby Ploermel.
Nantes-Brest Canal. Wander along Brittany’s 110 miles of inland waterways and soak up the stunning scenery. Towns: Josselin the famous medieval town of Josselin with its fairytale chateau, 17th Century buildings, bars and restaurants is an easy 15 min drive. St Malo 60 mins one of the finest towns on the Breton coast, commanding a view of the lovely estuary. Beautiful Dinan 40 mins with its imposing walls and delightful lanes is one of France’s finest medieval towns. Vannes 45 mins southern Brittany’s major tourist town.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
|Bed linen per person||£10|
25% non-refundable deposit required at time of booking. Remainder payable 8 weeks before holiday - together with a £150 refundable security deposit. Minimum stay during high and mid season is one week.
The normal changeover day is Saturday. Departing guests should leave by 10am and new guests should arrive after 4pm. Off peak short weekend breaks are flexible for changeover day, length of stay, and arrival/departure times (min. stay 3 nights).
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds with changeover day on the Saturday. Out of season discounts are available for long term lets and weekend breaks on request.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Television ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- autumn foliage
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- 117 m²
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs bathroom with shower, hand basin and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 4 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with four single beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Non-smoking within the house. For early or late season guests there are electrical radiators and a wood burner. We do not allow pets. Outside: A very large private garden surrounded by mature oak trees awaits you to relax and soak up the peace and tranquillity of the countryside or entertain the children in. A terrace area, with an 8 seater teak table and chairs plus barbeque will ensure you enjoy the long summer evenings. The garden boasts an abundant array of wildlife including a family of red squirrels. The garden has a mature walnut tree overhanging it, please help yourself! In the surrounding fields there are blackberries bushes and plum trees, ideal for fruit picking trips. Parking for 2 cars. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property is cleaned before each stay. Fresh towels and linen can be arranged on a weekly basis for a fee. Please contact owners. Other: Sun terrace and barbeque outside, along with tree swing for young children and boules area. Solid outside teak dining table with seating for 8.