Villa near Caprese Michelangelo, province of Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy - Peaceful Location Close To Medieval Town Of Anghiari 10% discount if you book before 1st Feb 2015
Villa Radicata was once home to a large Italian family who cultivated the land around the house. Restoration has brought the villa tastefully back to life, adding a pool and all modern comforts, whilst keeping the original character intact and sleeping up to ten guests. Today your family and friends can enjoy our holiday villa in Tuscany, with outstanding views of Lake Montedoglio and the Upper Tiber Valley, for a relaxing break. The restored farmhouse is on 3 spacious levels, set within 3 acres of private land and woods, including fruit, olive and nut trees. The beautiful surrounding countryside is ideal for walking cycling (mountain bikes provided), horse riding, or exploring the nearby Italian art treasures such as San Sepolcro (famous for piero della Francesca) or Caprese Michelangelo, birthplace of the famous artist. Nearby are golf and spa facilities. Within easy reach of Cortona, Assisi, Frorence, Siena and famous chianti vineyards. Shoe and wool outlet 20 minutes drive.
Top Traveller Review
So so relaxing!!!
About the Owner
We both have worked in tourism for many years, taking tourists around Italy. My family is Italian and it was always my dream to own a place in Italy. We spend as much time in Italy as we can and hope to move there. We have started doing cooking and yoga breaks here too.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Set at the end of a long gravel dirt track, we set eyes on the beautiful Villa Radicata. Peaceful and secluded, serene and atmospheric, we were mesmerised by the magnificent views and the homely feeling of the villa. It's a place you could quite happily spend all week without venturing out to the neighbouring towns and villages. At the end of your stay, you will definitely hate leaving its tranquil environment as much as we did. We will be back soon. Robbie and Stephanie - United Kingdom (received online Wed, April 25 2007)
What an unforgettable holiday at Villa Radicata! The villa is very comfortable and delightfully cosy, surrounded by stunning scenery and with a beautiful lake view. Especially enjoyed swimming in the large pool and dining out 'al fresco' under the pergola. Giovanna - United Kingdom (received online June 24 2007)
The villa was more beautiful than expected from the photos. We enjoyed our leisurely breakfasts outside with those incredible views.
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
So so relaxing!!!
What a beautiful spot! I just loved being on the side of the hill with amazing views over the lake in the distance. A holiday with my young son is normally tiring but here I got the peace and quiet occasionally that I so needed with Rita and Fernanda babysitting and cooking and I even lost some weight into the bargain. Just delightful!
Stayed at Villa Radicata last year and enjoyed it immensely. The villa itself has lots of character, it is quaint but also had all the facilities we needed. There are lots of great restaurants in the local area and we also visited Assisi, Florence and Arezzo. What we enjoyed most were the amazing views from the villa gardens over the Tuscan hills and Lake Montedoglio, swimming in the private pool with a view and dining al fresco at the villa. Owners were very helpful and accommodating.
Beautiful villa, stunning surroundings, great food, perfect hostess. Lovely places to visit in the area. I highly recommend it! I will definitely go back!
Relaxing family break
This was our second trip to Radicata, and we hope to bring the grandparents along next year.
The settling is so blissfully peaceful, and the house is very spacious, light and packed with toys and equipment for the children. Ours particularly liked the slide outside. We all enjoyed lazy meals on the patio where we soaked up the view and the children chased the geckos. We even saw some wild boar!
From the Owner
“We love the beautiful scenery and the fantastic people. There is such a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere. We both fell in love with the house as soon as we saw it. There is something special about it and all our guests comment on how peaceful and relaxed they feel. It is great to drive down the lane and see boar, rabbits or deer.”
Activity and Interests
Great walks around lake montedoglio and visit markets of anghiari and San sepolcro, fantastic for art and museums too. Close to shoe outlets and designer outlets.
Special interest holidays:
Cooking lessons, Italian lessons and yoga and massage can be provided on request. Mum and baby breaks and Cooking weekends available in May and September
1 hour's drive to beaches of Adriatic coast.
Perugia 1 hour drive. Forli 1 hour 20 mins drive. Bologna 1¾ hour’s drive. Florence 1and 1/2hours drive. Pisa 2½ hours drive. Rome 3 hours drive.
Caprese Michelangelo 5km. Anghiari 15km. San Sepolcro 25km. Arezzo 35km. Cortona 70km. Siena 100km. Assisi 100km. Florence 120km. Rome 230km.
Nearest small supermarket 1.5km (20 min walk). Nearest bank and pharmacy 5km. Large supermarkets and large town 20 min drive. Nearest bar, pizzeria, ice cream 1.5km. Great restaurants at Caprese, 5km away. Shoe outlet 15 min drive.Wool outlet 20 min drive. Big commercial centre and shopping mall at Arezzo 45 min drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
5 Sep 2016 - 7 May 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£350|
Booking form through our website and 50% to secure booking. The rest 4 weeks prior to arrival through bank transfer or sterling cheque. 350 euros breakage deposit on arrival, given back on departure. Heating extra according to gas reading.
Saturday but can be flexible. Departure 10am. Arrival 4pm.
Notes on prices:
The quoted price is for 10 people, we will offer a discount if you have a smaller group so please ask.
The flat next door is 500 euros per week and can sleep up to 4.
10% discount for June and October bookings
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“This is the real Tuscany. the people are fantastic and there are some great reasonably priced restaurants close to the villa. The scenery is stunning and Florence, Arezzo, Perugia, Assisi, Cortona can easily be reached.”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with spacious corner bath and wall mounted shower. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with sunken bath and wall- mounted shower. Large En-suite shower in top bathroom. Twin rooms share bathroom with bath and shower.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with an iron double bed and stable doors giving access to kitchen patio and villa gardens. Bedroom 2 with wrought iron double bed and private terrace. Bedrooms 3 and 4 with twin beds. Bedroom 5 with four poster iron bed and amazing views.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The villa suits a large family or 2 families as it is on 3 levels and there is plenty of space. We have plenty of toys, games and dvds to entertain children, plus mountain bikes. There is paddling pool, slide, small tractor, swing for smaller children. We can arrange yoga lessons, pasta and pizza making, cook and babysitter. Plenty of great restaurants close by. Outside: Private pool 12x5m. 3 acres of garden and woods with fruit and nut trees. Pergola eating area with large table seating 12 and smaller ceramic table at kitchen terrace. Small 2 seater table on bedroom 3 terrace. Outdoor pizza oven and barbecue. 4 Mountain bikes are available for children(250 euros deposit required) and must be ordered a week before arrival.Plenty of toys. Utility Room: There is a washing machine in a large under stair cupboard, also ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning service once a week. All linen, towels and pool towels provided and changed once a week. Other: Outside, by pergola dining area is an old fashioned, fully functional bread/pizza oven and barbecue.