Villa in Mexilhoeira Grande, Near Alvor, Western Algarve - Secure, Peaceful Location With Landscaped Gardens
Casa D’Aguia is an outstanding luxury modern 4 bedroom/en-suite bathroomed contemporary villa. Furnished to a very high standard with beautiful lawned gardens (1.600sqm) and a heated swimming pool. Situated in a quiet residential area north of Alvor, the villa is within easy reach of beaches, golf courses, restaurants and other amenities. The ground floor includes a double, marble, staircase atrium, luxury fitted kitchen, utility room, spacious lounge with wide screen TV, with full SKY package, DVD system and free Wi-Fi. Separate dining area, family bathroom and two en-suite twin bedrooms. Two further luxury double en-suite bedrooms are situated on the first floor, each with a roof terrace overlooking the Monchique mountains. The pool is surrounded by a terraced area, which includes a BBQ and outside covered seating and dining area. The pool house has a separate shower and lavatory. Electric gates give you all the privacy and security you need and the property offers ample parking for 6 cars.
About the Owner
About Anton Jeffery
We are two families, with four teenagers, living in London and we share the ownership of this fantastic villa. We try and spend as much time as we can in the villa, and have enjoyed many wonderful holidays relaxing at the villa and getting to know the beautiful country.
Anton Jeffery purchased this villa in 2007
Why Anton Jeffery chose Portimao region
Having spent many years renting villas, and with young families, we wanted to make an investment and have a fantastic place to use throughout the year.
What makes this villa unique
The villa has lots of space, enough room for two families and each room has its own bathroom, which is essential with teenagers! The Serra e Mar estate is far enough away to ensure peace and quiet, but in easy reach of shops and restaurants. The gardens have grown over the years and we now have well established flower beds and shady trees with lots of space to run around.
From the Owner
“Having spent many years renting villas, and with young families, we wanted to make an investment and have a fantastic place to use throughout the year.”
Activity and Interests
The closest beaches are at Alvor, less than 8km, Meia Praia 10 km, Praia de Rocha 10km. Many others within 20 minutes drive and rugged west coast beaches within 45 minutes drive.
Approx. 45 minutes drive from Faro airport. Lisbon and Seville airports are 2 to 2½ hours by car.
Please note - Flights to Faro are often very expensive at peak dates, flights to Seville can be much cheaper, and it is only a 1 hour 45 drive to Faro.
Good range of restaurants within 2km to 4km, E L’Eclerc supermarket (3km), Aqua Portimao Shopping Centre (5km). Entertainment and nightlife, including casino, bars and restaurants can also be found at Praia da Rocha in Portimao.
Dolphin Safaris (Alvor Harbour), Canoe trips (Alvor Estuary), Downhill Cycling trips, Bike rental (Outdoor tours), fishing, and horse riding are all available in and around Alvor. Other attractions include Zoo marine (Guia), Slide and Splash water park (Lagoa), Crazy World (Algoz), Aqua world (Alcantarilla).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
25 Mar 2017 - 8 Jul 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
15 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-refundable deposit of 20% is required to confirm the booking (or payment in full if less than 8 weeks before departure). Balance payment to be made 8 weeks before departure, along with a signed rental contract. A breakage deposit of £750 is required and must be paid with the balance (to be refunded as soon as possible after completion of the rental, less any damage, repair, breakage or additional costs, if incurred).
Saturday, arrival after 4pm and departure by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are per week, in UK Pounds, for use of the villa as described. Water, gas and electricity included in the price. Discounts available for lets over two weeks. Cot rental extra charge at £25 per week. Highchair extra charge at £15 per week. Pool heating at £150 per week. FREE WiFi connection.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“The villa has lots of space, enough room for two families and each room has its own bathroom, which is essential with teenagers! The Serra e Mar estate is far enough away to ensure peace and quiet, but in easy reach of shops and restaurants. The gardens have grown over the years and we now have well established flower beds and shady trees with lots of space to run around.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Four en-suite bathrooms with showers. There is also one additional family bathroom with bath on the ground floor level. There is also a pool bathroom with toilet and shower facility.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Downstairs: 2 twin bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms, underfloor cooling and ample storage. Upstairs: 2 double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms, under floor cooling, and ample storage.
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 8
- children welcome
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The villa benefits from state of the art, environmentally friendly underfloor cooling and heating technology. Free standing fans are available in each bedroom for use if necessary. There is a wood-burning stove in the lounge for use during the winter. Outside: The private pool (which can be heated) is surrounded by a spacious sun terrace with sun loungers and ample other seating. A poolside shower and bathroom are also provided. A purpose built BBQ area is located on the pool terrace alongside an outdoor dining table which seats 10. A comfortable sofa and armchairs are also available. The property has lovely walled lawns on 3 sides, which provide ample space for children to play. A panelled electric gate, at the entrance to the villa, facilitates a secure environment around the property. Utility Room: Separate utility room with washing machine, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning 1 morning per week. Towels and linen changed weekly.