Villa in Meia Praia, Lagos, Algarve, Portugal - Excellent Location, Walking Distance To Beach, Town And Marina
Casa Catorze is an exceptional villa completed in March 2008, located in one of the most beautiful areas of the Algarve. The villa is situated on the exclusive Albadeira Park and is well suited for holidays for groups up to 8-10. A car is not essential with all attractions within walking distance or a short taxi ride. The villa is set in private grounds and offered with a modern layout over 3 floors. On the first floor there is a double with en-suite and 2 twin rooms sharing a family bathroom. A large double with en-suite on the ground floor. A twin room and en-suite ajoining the games room on the lower ground floor. An open-plan living room and dining area, lead out to the terrace and private pool area. The well equipped kitchen provides access to the outside dining area and built-in BBQ. Outside steps lead to the roof terrace with great views. The villa is air-conditioned throughout and has underfloor heating to take the chill out of winter evenings.
Top Traveller Review
Great getaway week!
About the Owner
Villa Cartorze is co owned by good friends, Simon and Bill. We both have young families. We are both professionals living and working in the UK.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Superb Villa with everything catered for - even for our 18 month old! We loved spending the morning on the beach and chilling round the pool in the afternoon - Great Holiday - hope to be back soon. Howard and Family - May 2008.
Very relaxing week in your lovely villa, great selection of restaurants in the town. We loved the heated pool. We will be in touch for next year. Janice and Martin - September 08.
Amazing week away - villa was perfect for us - had a really relaxing holiday - loved our family BBQs by the pool - hope to be back. - Aug 2010
Just wanted to let you know that we really enjoyed our week in Portugal a couple of weeks ago - the villa was absolutely perfect and so well equipped. It made our first holiday abroad with a baby as easy as it could have been! - Sept 2011
4.9 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
Great getaway week!
Lovely villa with everything there to make our stay comfortable. Great pool & garden area with plenty of sun loungers, tables/chairs for outside relaxation. A15 minute walk to Meia Praia beach, approx 25 mins. to the marina & a further 10-15 mins into town, pleasant in the evening but definitely worth a taxi back later (7-8 euros). This was the perfect place for us & our 2 grown up children & their partners - thoroughly recommended!
Ideal villa for a group or family
The villa is ideally placed within walking distance of the Marina and Lagos centre. Advise taxi back at 6 euros as it is uphill.
The villa is well facilitated with everything needed for a self catering stay, the owners even provided beer and wine on arrival .
The air con is a bonus and the games room / basement bedroom ideal for teenagers.
The pool gets the sun in the afternoon so great for lazing arround.we where a group of 8 golfers with the villa in easy reach of all the Western Algarve courses .
Fantastic holiday home for large group or family
We loved staying at this villa, as it was very spacious and clean with great amenties - good sized pool complete with swimming floats, ping pong table, spacious open plan kitchen area leading into dining room. We enjoyed eating outside every night next to the pool. The gardens and pool were very well maintained. We enjoyed a lovely walk through countryside to reach the beach.
The owner was very helpful and provided very detailed instructions on how to find the villa. We also enjoyed walking into town to visit the restaurants and bars. We also did coastal walks and kayaking in the area which were lots of fun.
We enjoy walking and so the walks into town and the local are were enjoyable, but if you want to visit further afield, a car would be helpful.
Having a local shop within a short walk to buy provisions was very helpful.
We can highly recommend this villa to other guests.
Great family villa
We have just returned from a two week stay in this great villa. Due to the layout, we each had plenty of space to ourselves being a family of eight, including grandchildren. The fantastic pool was perfect to cool off in the heat of the day, and the BBQ was used on many evenings. The thoughtful owners allow the use of two sets of golf clubs, which was much appreciated our 'boys' at the testing courses in the area. This villa is in a lovely quiet area and if you have not hired a car (like us) the taxis are widely available at great rates. We could recommend this well equipped villa to anyone.
Brilliant villa in great location
Just returned from 2 weeks at this villa & it was everything that we wanted. It is spacious, comfortable, well situated for the beach & town and has a great pool. The pool was great for all the families, but especially the children. We used the barbecue on many occasions to enjoy the local fish & meat. We all walked into town regularly without a problem & taxis were readily available & inexpensive if required for the return journey. We would definitely recommend this villa.
Perfect for families and groups
3 Families with 4 adults and 6 children aging from 6 months to 18 years from Germany and Russia had a blast at this lovely home. Even for this many people the property is big enough to spread out. The baby always found time to sleep and the teenager and kids could separate themselves in their own cozy rooms or be loud and noisy in the basement with table tennis and extra TV.
The whole house is in excellent shape with house management very responsive when internet did not work initially. The pool was checked and cleaned frequently. Kitchen has everything you need and more.
The closest beach is about 10-15 min walking and perfect for kids. Shallow, big, endless in both direction it seems. We built quite a few sand castles there and it was a favorite for jogging at the beach with the adults.
Lagos is a perfect holiday town with all the shopping and restaurants you need in a picturesque setting. Plus all types of water excursions. We took the Dolphin watching tour and loved it (and did see dolphins!).
Our routine quickly became: Sleep in, have brunch on the patio, let the kids enjoy the pool while the adults read and sun bathed or slept some more and then head out to one of the many beaches by car where we would body surf, enjoy the best sun sets of our lives (e.g. in Sagres) or just enjoy the sound and smell of the sea. After sunset we would head home, buy some from fresh food (very often fish) and heat up the barbarcue for a great dinner around the pool.
Even though we were told October could be bad already, we had a perfect weeks also from the weather. Around 25-28° everyday and the nights cool enough to sleep without aircon.
Since there is so many more beaches to explore, we will be back, maybe even this fall. We all agreed that this was one of the best holidays so far. Of course the group of people helped, but the house had a big part and can only be strongly recommended.
From the Owner
“After holidaying & golfing in Lagos on several occasions, we felt we had found somewhere that we could come back to time and time again. Lagos is full of charm and beauty that the historic old town provides coupled with several stunning (and safe) beaches in and around town that makes it a great family holiday location. Lagos's location at the lesser developed western end of the Algarve, means you are still able to experience traditional Alrgarve living but are also within a reach of a great selection of golf courses, theme parks and attractions.”
Activity and Interests
Casa Catorze is situated just 1km from beautiful sandy Meia Praia, one of the Algarve's longest beaches. A great place to spend the day, perhaps with a fresh fish lunch in one of its beach cafes. Five minutes by car are the beaches of 'Praia De Ana' arguably one of the Algarve’s most famous beaches, 'Praia De Mos, and the villages of 'Luz' and 'Salema' are also within close proximity. The beautifully rugged western coast is just a 30 mins drive with fantastic beaches at Alemnera and Sagres.
Faro airport is the closest international airport with Lagos being an easy 1hr car journey down the A22. Lagos can also being reached from Lisbon (3 hours) and Seville (2 hours). We can recommend a cost effective car hire firm operating out of Faro airport. A train service also runs from Faro and Lisbon to Lagos. Car hire is not essential once your are in Lagos. Taxis are relatively inexpensive compared to the UK and transfers can be arranged to and from Faro.
Lagos offers arguably the largest selection of quality restaurants and shops on the Algarve and all the attractions that you would expect from a family holiday destination. It is also a working town and as such is well equipped with public services, including a hospital, international doctors, public swimming pool, pharmacies etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Sep 2016 - 25 Mar 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
15 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
Casa Cartoze couldn't be better located for golfers, with the Western Algarve's array of quality golf courses (last count was 6 within 20 minutes, over a dozen with 30 mins and over 30 within an hour!) 50% deposit on booking confirmation, with the remainder and refundable bond 4 months before the arrival date. A detailed information pack will be sent with all the details that you will need for an excellent holiday experience. A letter of confirmation will be sent upon receipt of your deposit.
Normal change over day is Saturday, with access to villa from 3pm. The villa should be vacated by 10 am on your day of departure (some variation may be possible). Changes to arrival days and times may be accommodated subject to availability (please check
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. Additional charge may be applied for pool heating October - April inclusive.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We purchased Villa Cartorze with families in mind - it's close to all the amenities of Lagos, such as the beaches, marina and town, but it's also located on a quite residential development so provides somewhere peaceful to relax The villa itself, is set-up great for family holidays with a heated pool (with steps and graduated slope) and games room providing plenty of entertainment. The villa is really well appointed with contemporary furniture.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- There are 4 bathrooms (3 en-suite and 1 family) and a further separate toilet. All en-suites are fitted with walk in power showers. The family bathroom is fitted with a spa bath and shower over. All are finished to a high standard.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms 1 and 2 with king sized beds and en-suite bathrooms. Bedroom 3 and 4 with twin beds. Bedrooms 5 with twin beds and en-suite. All rooms are furnished with modern decor and have integrated wardrobes and air-conditioning (no A/C in 5th).
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Air-conditioned throughout for hot summers and under-floor heating to take the chill out of winter evenings. The living room also has a wood burner. A selection toys and DVDs are available to keep the young ones amused. The lower ground floor houses the games room, which provides a full sized table tennis table and sofa. 2 full sets of golf clubs are available for use of the guests. Secure entry with an alarm system. A full guest information pack detailing contact details for key amenities and favoured restaurants is kept up to date in the villa. Outside: An outside dining area with a built-in barbecue is the perfect place to start the day or spend the evening over dinner. The villa has plenty of outside areas to enjoy your stay and also provides areas for a bit of piece and quiet! The landscape garden provide a tranquil environment to relax in during the stay. The private heated pool (charges may apply) provides year round swimming with a outside pool shower to cool off under. The pool terrace is equipped with sun loungers. The villa is surrounded by fully enclosed kept gardens, with some areas offering natural shade from the Algarve sun. The roof terrace provides great views and is perfect for the sun worshippers or to watch the sun set with a cool beer. The first floor balcony accessed from each of the bedrooms, provides another area to relax and unwind. The shutters and gates to the villa are all electronically operated. The villa and grounds are prepared for each visit. Utility Room: Utility area on the lower ground floor houses a ironing board, steam iron, clothes airer and other essential household equipment. You will also find travel cots (x2) high chairs (x2) and buggy stored here. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Clean linen and towels are provided for your stay. The villa is prepared prior to your arrival and a weekly maid service is included on switch over day. Our friendly local management team are available to deal with any ad hoc requests. Other: The 3 first floor bedrooms all lead onto the balcony.