OwnersDirect uses cookies to improve your site experience. Learn more. By continuing, you consent to our use of cookies.
OwnersDirect uses cookies to improve your site experience. Learn more. By continuing, you consent to our use of cookies.
check navigate-up navigate-left navigate-right expand mail svg-lightning svg-24hr svg-house svg-sleeps svg-bedrooms svg-bathrooms svg-stay svg-toilet calendar svg-report-flag

1 bed apartment, WIFI, UK/Irish TV, 2 swimming pools

Overview

Property

Updated: 15-Nov-2016
Great location 3 minute walk to the Beach, Harbor & Village Center, in a secure complex 2 pools.

The complex 'Vila da Praia' is in an excellent location 3 mins walk to Alvor center or Harbor. The complex has a lovely garden area, which surrounds the 2 swimming pools, one for adults and one for children. The self catering 1 bedroom apartment, sleeps 2/3 people with FREE WIFI, 32inch Flat screen TV with USB Port. Apartment has two sofas, dining table for 6 and a patio table for 4, we provide, bath towels and linen, we have heating, air-conditioning, a washing machine, 4 ring hob, an oven, a micro wave, Fridge/ Fridge, CD Player/ radio, DVD player, Sky TV free to air, if you have a sky card you should bring this with you for extra channels as the channels are limited with the free to air, hair dryer, a safe, iron & Ironing board. Our Balcony is West facing and gets great evening sun in late spring, summer and early Autumn for people watching.

  • Sleeps 3
  • 1 Bedroom
  • 1 Bathroom
  • Garden
  • Swimming pool
  • Internet
  • Washing machine
  • Towels provided
  • Linens provided
  • Wheelchair access

Top Traveller Review

About the Owner

Owners that love Alvor

Call Owner
Speaks English

Guestbook comments from the owner

Just a note as it's our last evening in Alvor. The sun is still blazing down, no breeze and it's very hot. We've really enjoyed our first visit to Portugal. Your info pack was great. Buganvilia was such good value and great food. We did it twice along with the chicken place and Vagabondo.

We have very much enjoyed staying in your apartment. It's so clean and comfortable with everything you could need. The washer has saved us from having to bring 2 suitcases. The location is terrific. The pool is really great. Joana was lovely when she met us. Thank you so much for all your help. We would have no hesitation in staying here again.
Jun 2015
  • 1 of 2

11 Reviews

4.9
based on 11 holidaymaker reviews

5

Excellent stay

  • 5 of 5

We had a wonderful stay in this lovely apartment, so close to the beach and loved the large swimming pool. Spoilt for choice with the nearby restaurants.

The apartment has everything you need for a self catering break... Would recommend 100% and thank you Jenny for all your helpful advice and the information pack... Weather perfect too ☀️

  • Review Submitted: Jul 1, 2016
  • Date of Stay: Jun 2016
  • Source: Owners Direct, from HomeAway
Did you find this review helpful?
1 0
5

HOME FROM HOME

  • 5 of 5

just had 8 weeks in this great apartment every thing you need Jenny has provided and it is all top quality great parking if you need it but location is perfect lovely pool and areas can not find fault great stay thanks Jenny

  • Review Submitted: Apr 25, 2016
  • Date of Stay: Feb 2016
  • Source: Owners Direct, from HomeAway
Owner's Response: Thank you for your review all feed back is much appreciated.
Did you find this review helpful?
0 0
5

Great place to stay

  • 5 of 5

Great apartment in a beautiful complex, ideally situated to enjoy Alvor's beach, harbour, restaurants and bars. Spotlessly clean, well equipped apartment with everything needed for a relaxing break, we loved it. Jenny was ever helpful, recommending restaurants as well as places to go, she also arranged transfers for us which went like clockwork. The pool area is lovely, all in all a great place to stay, we'll be back!

  • Review Submitted: Aug 27, 2015
  • Date of Stay: Aug 2015
  • Source: Owners Direct, from HomeAway
Did you find this review helpful?
0 0
5

Great place to stay

  • 5 of 5

Lovely apartment with everything needed for a relaxing break, ideally situated for access to the beach, harbour and the restaurants & bars. The complex is immaculate with a lovely pool area, would highly recommend it for people of all ages, there really is something for everyone in Alvor. Jenny was ever helpful and arranged transfers for us which went like clockwork, all in all a great experience and we'll definitely be back.

  • Review Submitted: Aug 27, 2015
  • Date of Stay: Aug 2015
  • Source: Owners Direct, from HomeAway
Did you find this review helpful?
0 0
5

Great place to stay

  • 5 of 5

The apartment itself is lovely, spotlessly clean and had everything you could possibly need. The complex is very well kept and it's a pleasure to spend time at the lovely pool. Alvor has a fantastic selection of restaurants and bars and this apartment is ideally situated to enjoy all it has to offer. Highly recommended.

  • Review Submitted: Aug 24, 2015
  • Date of Stay: Aug 2015
  • Source: Owners Direct, from HomeAway
Did you find this review helpful?
0 0
4

ALVOR 2015

  • 4 of 5

LOVELY CLEAN APARTMENT WITH EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED IN EXCELLENT LOCATION. MAID SERVICE WAS VERY WELCOMING,HELPFUL,PROMPT AND EFFICIENT, HOWEVER LINEN AND TOWELS COULD HAVE BEEN CHANGED LATER IN HOLIDAY. DEFINITELY USE AGAIN AND WOULD RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS IF BED PILLOWS ARE REPLACED, THEY WERE OLD AND HAD NO PROTECTORS. WE DEFINITELY DIDNT LIKE PLASTIC PILLOWS.

  • Review Submitted: Jul 20, 2015
  • Date of Stay: Jun 2015
  • Source: Owners Direct, from HomeAway
Owner's Response: Thank you for your review, we do a mid-stay clean on day 7 of guests stay which you should of had done based on your 11 night stay. We do leave extra towels and sheets in the apartment if needed, during your stay. We use pillow protectors on the pillows that are plastic for hygiene reasons and cover these with pillow cases, pillows are changed every year, from your comment we may need to do this more often. Thank you for your review, we will look forward to welcoming you back. Happy holidays
Did you find this review helpful?
2 0

Location

From the Owner

We had been to Alvor a few time and loved the beach and the village but we could not find accommodation we were happy with, until we stayed in Villa Da Praia. We just loved it...... We had never thought buying an apartment abroad before but, we fell in love with Alvor and then the complex. Buying the apartment was one of the best decision we ever made. The old fishing village charm, yet busy and bustling atmosphere and the super restaurants. The beach must be one of the best in Europe. to sit in one of the beach Bars and watch the sun set, is heaven to us. Over the years we have made so many friends, so every visit for us is a gathering of friends, from Scotland, England, Ireland and Portugal.

Activity and Interests

Nearest Airport : Faro at 50 Miles Nearest Beach : Alvor at 200 Metres

Coast/Beach:

Alvor wonderful sandy beach is 4km long, unspoilt and amongst the best in the world from our apartment it is about 200 meters

Travel:

Travel to Faro Airport 45 mins drive will bring you to Alvor. We can arrange transport to and from the airport on request.

Further Details:

The local food just has to be tried, with fresh fish straight from the mornings catch. Most restaurants have charcoal grills, producing some of the best food of the region. There is also a good selection of Pizza restaurants, Chinese, Indian's and good Steak Houses. Some of the bars have live music. There are also quieter bars for those who prefer the sound of good conversation. Typical tourist shops in Alvor. For a good days shopping go to the Aqua shopping just Open in April 2011 it is only 5km away. Plenty of shops and food eatery/restaurants.

Prices and Availability

Rental rates

Convert Currency
Rental Period Minimum Price Additional Nights Weekend Night Weekly Monthly Event Price
 
Rate 6
31 Oct 2016 - 26 Feb 2017
14 night minimum stay
£335
for 14 nights
£167
 
 
Rate 7
27 Feb 2017 - 25 Mar 2017
5 night minimum stay
£209
for 5 nights
From
£42
£251
 
 
Rate 8
26 Mar 2017 - 30 Apr 2017
5 night minimum stay
£209
for 5 nights
From
£42
£293
 
 
Rate 9
1 May 2017 - 3 Jun 2017
5 night minimum stay
£272
for 5 nights
From
£54
£327
 
 
Rate 10
4 Jun 2017 - 24 Jun 2017
5 night minimum stay
£335
for 5 nights
From
£67
£410
 
 
Rate 16
25 Jun 2017 - 14 Jul 2017
5 night minimum stay
£398
for 5 nights
From
£80
£494
 
 
Rate 15
15 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
£628
for 7 nights
£628
 
 
Rate 16
1 Sep 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
5 night minimum stay
£377
for 5 nights
From
£75
£460
 
 
Rate 16
1 Oct 2017 - 29 Oct 2017
5 night minimum stay
£251
for 5 nights
From
£50
£293
 

Additional pricing information

Fees No additional mandatory fees

Booking Notes:
Prices are quoted in euros and are based on a maximum 3 people sharing. A deposit of 30% is payable at time of booking for confirmation. The remaining 70% balance is payable 8 weeks before arrival. Payment is by bank transfer, Cheque or Pay Pal. Please note the deposit is non-refundable. We reserve the right to refuse bookings. We do not take bookings of part of a large group (Hen or stag parties). We do not refund deposits if a booking is found to be part of a large group.

Changeover Day:
Check in is after 14:00 hrs on arrival day and check out is before 10:00. Other arrangements are possible if no other guests are coming in/going out the same day.

Notes on prices:
Prices are quoted in euros and are based on a maximum 3 people sharing. A deposit of 30% is payable at time of booking for confirmation. The remaining 70% balance is payable 8 weeks before arrival. Deposits or non refundable if your reservation is cancelled and can not be fill again. Payment is by bank transfer, Cheque or Pay Pal. We reserve the right to refuse bookings. We do not take bookings of part of a large group (Hen, stag, wedding parties).

Prices are quoted in euros and are based on a maximum 3 people sharing. A deposit of 30% is payable at time of booking for confirmation. The remaining 70% balance is payable 8 weeks before arrival. Deposits or non refundable if your reservation is cancelled and can not be fill again. Payment is by bank transfer or Cheque We reserve the right to refuse bookings.

Owner's Cancellation Policy

Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Enter dates for accurate pricing
Avg/night
Updated: 15-Nov-2016
12
Available arrival
12
Available
12
Unavailable

Facilities

From the Owner

Location, Location Location, we are just 3 minute walk to the center of Alvor village and a 5 minute walk to the beach. All apartments in the complex are privately owned and the owners are very particular, so the complex grounds and the swimming pool with the shady palm trees are very well maintained. Our apartment is very comfortably furnished, we visit regularly and keep the apartment up to a good standard. We have a balcony that get evening sun and this is where we sit and watch the world go by on a evening. We have a full bathroom, sitting room/dining area with WIFI, double bedroom and our kitchen that over looks the courtyard. We just love it and we get a lot of repeat business so we must be doing something right.

Property Type

  • apartment

General

  • Air Conditioning
  • Ceiling Fans
  • Lift ...
  • Hair Dryer
  • Heating
  • Internet ...
  • Iron & Board
  • Linens Provided
  • Living Room ...
  • Towels Provided
  • Washing Machine

Kitchen

  • Dishes & Utensils
  • Freezer
  • Kitchen ...
  • Microwave
  • Oven
  • Refrigerator
  • Hob
  • Toaster

Dining

  • Dining Area

Entertainment

  • Books ...
  • Satellite / Cable
  • Stereo
  • Television ...

Pool / Spa

  • Communal Pool ...

Suitability

  • non smoking only ...
  • suitable for elderly or infirm
  • wheelchair accessible ...

Location Type

  • beach
  • near the sea
  • village

Attractions

  • churches
  • marina
  • restaurants
  • water parks

Leisure Activities

  • paddle boating
  • scenic drives
  • walking

Local Services & Businesses

  • ATM/bank
  • fitness centre
  • groceries
  • hospital
  • laundrette - serviced

Sports & Adventure Activities

  • golf
  • surfing
  • swimming

Bathrooms

  • Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
  • The bathroom is fully tiled, with large mirror, toilet, bath, shower and bidet.

Bedrooms

  • 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
  • Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
  • Description of sleeping capacity: 1 bedroom apartment walking distance to everything The bedroom has 1 double bed with large built in wardrobes. Safe and hair dryer.

Outside

  • Balcony ...
  • Golf ...
  • Garden ...

Meals

  • Self-catering

Notes:

  • Notes Our apartment is non smoking and we request that guests only smoke on the balcony. Personal insurance during your stay is your responsibility. Safe is provided. We request that children staying, do not use drawing materials in the apartment, crayons, markers, chalk, paints. Outside: 2 x communal pools, one for adults and one for children, the apartments are set within a secure private complex Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The apartment is cleaned on a weekly basis for those staying for more then 1 week. Other: Balcony get evening sun in late Spring, Summer and early Autumn and has a table with 4 chairs, perfect spot for people watching.

Partner Offers

Partner Offers

 
Portable wifi hotspot