Apartment on La Torre Golf Resort, Costa Calida, Spain (between Murcia and the Coast) - Ideal For Golf With A Near One And A Half Sets Of Clubs, Free Internet And Cable TV (UK), BBQ Etc
This is a fully furnished apartment approx. 15 minutes from Murcia and 40 minutes from Alicante airports. The luxury apartment overlooks the 17th hole of the Jack Nicklaus designed 18-hole golf course off Pez Espada - the central resort road. Residents can also use the other Polaris World golf courses nearby, plus access to many other golf courses in the area. Although golf may be the main attraction, the excellent amenities on the resort also cater for non-golfers and include swimming pools, tennis courts, shops, bars and restaurants situated around the 5 star clubhouse and hotel. The ground floor apartment has a covered terrace and private garden with easy access to a communal open air swimming pool. With 2 bedrooms, air conditioning and heating there is ample space for the full family to live in comfort whatever the time of year. A car is not essential as airport transfers and taxis are readily available. Free internet access and cable TV (UK channels). Child and Baby friendly.
About the Owner
We have a young family so had to buy a property that catered for them as well as us. We use the property for family holidays. Our families are also regular users. Some are elderly but enjoy the excellent weather and peace and quiet of the resort. This resort is great for families as it is safe and has good amenities. Our kids love the nearby swimming pool where they meet new friends every time that we visit. The sea and extensive beaches are also only 15 minutes away.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Having visited the resort for the first time this year I am delighted to report that I found the course to be in excellent condition.
As a par 68 it is manageable for all handicaps. The terrain is mainly flat and very easy to walk.
Tips : In my opinion it is not worth the 30 euros to hire a buggy as you have to stick to the cart paths.
I , on the other hand rented a power trolley for 10 euros. The average round took me 3 hours.
I would recommend the “twilight” ticket which is available from 3 o`clock onwards at a cost of 30 euros. Other tee off times were at a cost of 55 euros.
The practise facilities are second to none. Short game , long game and putting all catered for. You can hire clubs and balls but would recommend taking your own.
Don`t forget to bring your handicap certificate as the pro charges 15 euros to assess whether you are good enough to play the course.
For 8 euros you can buy a full English breakfast from the clubhouse bar which has magnificent views - ENJOY !
From the Owner
“The resort has great golf - with access to a number of other golf courses on the Polaris World campus but also has access to a large seafront and beaches at Mar Menor. It is also surrounded by small towns and villages. The resort itself has 24 our security so is really safe and also very quiet. Our apartment is only a 10 minute walk from the centre which has shops, bars and restaurants. However, it is far enough away to be remote from any noise whilst close enough to be very accessible. The ground floor location means that we have a garden and easy access for the elderly or less mobile.”
Activity and Interests
The resort is a 15 minute drive from the Mar Menor beaches and on to other resorts along the Costa Blanca coastline.
Watersports such as windsurfing, jet skiing, sailing and diving are all available.
Approximately 15 mins from Murcia and 40 mins from Alicante airports.
Use of a car is recommended but certainly not essential. Transfers to and from the airport (Murcia) cost about 25 euros each way (Taxis at Airport). Some companies offer a return to Alicante Airport for a fixed amount
Mar Menor beaches, 18km.
Cartegena and Murcia within 30 minutes drive.
Motorway (AP7 782) 10km.
This is a superb apartment in a great location, not just for golfing but a base for lots of other activities to be enjoyed in the southern spanish climate. The apartment is still as new and fully furnished by ourselves.
There is one Supermarket on the resort which is NOT open 24/7 so please ensure that you bring essentials for the first night - particularly if arriving late on sunday. There are supermarkets which are likley to be open on the way from airports.
Smoking policy: strictly no smoking in the apartment.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Cleaning (end of stay)||£58|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£81|
A non-refundable booking deposit of 50% must be made when booking. The full balance is due 4 weeks before required occupation date (refundable only in exceptional circumstances). In addition a holding deposit of £75 (80 euros) is required before occupation. This will be refunded (less and deductions for losses and breakages) on departure. Cleaning at end of stay is an additional (65 - 75 euros). Excellent value! Note: strictly no smoking in the apartment.
Currently changeover days are flexible, as are the length of stay required.
Vacation of the apartment is required by 11:00am latest
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The kids love the large communal pool where they always meet new friends. For the grown-ups the pool is also excellent as is the sun-bathing. An added benefit are the number of local bars outside of the resort that sometimes provide free transport to and from the resort - at all times of the evening/night. These typically cater for children - inline with the child friendly culture in Spain. Therefore, it is not just the golf to enjoy! For golfers, our apartment is only the length of the 18th fairway to the club house - therefore an easy walk to and from a round. Other apartments or villas often need a car - else a very long walk!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Garage ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- There is a fully fitted, luxurious bathroom with combined bath/shower and a bidet. Towels are provided. However, please supply your own toiletries
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) plus sofa-bed in lounge Notes on bedrooms: The main bedroom has 2 single beds as does the second bedroom, however these can be put together. Both bedrooms have built-in wardrobes and all linen is provided. Additional sleeping for up to 2 people is available on a 3 seater sofa-bed in the lounge.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is situated just off the central resort road - Pez Espada. It is great for children and people requiring special access as it is on the ground floor. There is direct access to the garden which is surrounded by a hedge - providing some privacy whilst allowing a good view over the course. The resort is kept in an immaculate condition with the lawns, hedges and streets maintained and cleaned on a very regular basis. It is extremely safe with many full time residents. There is free WiFi internet access in the apartment. The telephone allows free calls anywhere on-site - including booking golf, restaurants but not for external calls. The shops and restaurants are only a scenic walk away, the length of the 18th fairway - as is the clubhouse. This is a major advantage of this apartment - other visitors/residents often have a long walk or drive to the supermarket/resort centre. Note: strictly no smoking in apartment. TV = UK channels plus we have provided many DVDs and CDs Outside: The apartment has its own private garden - accessed from the covered terrace or directly form the golf course. Therefore, you have the best of both worlds with a choice of covered or open private space for relaxing, entertaining etc. The terrace is furnished with table and chairs. There is an open swimming pool complex within 150 yards of the apartment and the main shopping, restaurants and clubhouse complex only a short walk - but far enough so that there is little noise! The apartment looks out over the 17th hole of the golf course and a lake. The apartment has secure, underground parking for 1 car. Note: parking on the roads is not recommended as resort officials can issue fines ! Utility Room: Washing machine and boiler unit etc. There are other essentials such as: - Storage for the BBQ (please use as required but clean afterwards! - Near full set of Donnay Golf Clubs. - Near half set of various clubs. - Childreans scooter, racquets etc Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The apartment is fully cleaned and clean towels and bedlinen are provided upon arrival. Additional cleaning may be available upon request. Other: The terrace provides shelter from the sun and is ideal for dining (table and 6 chairs) and relaxing whilst the garden provides the ideal environment for a spot of sunbathing (4 sunloungers). A BBQ and a parasol for the table to allow outside catering.