Villa in Palm Springs, California, USA - On Golf Course with Pool, Lake and Mountain Views
A desert oasis offering spectacular views of the San Jacinto Mountains, breathtaking sunsets and fabulous pool just steps away from the private patio. This superb single storey twin master suite property is situated within the lovely Desert Princess Country Club and offers all the amenities of a quality resort hotel, but at a fraction of the cost. Cool waterfalls welcome you as you approach the entrance, where security guards are on hand 24/7 for your convenience. 32 pools and hot tubs, as well as tennis courts and the 27-hole golf course itself, provide on-site enjoyment should you wish to be that energetic! Alternative and more relaxing activities are plentiful too - you will be spoiled for choice! This peaceful location is surprisingly close to the airport, shopping malls and hundreds of restaurants from gourmet to modest friendly cafes and everything in between. Indulge yourself by visiting this little piece of glorious desert paradise - beautiful all year round!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Alex/Judith/Jack visited from the UK in July: This property was absolutely spotless on arrival and made our first visit to Palm Springs perfect. It was 100% home from home, and then some! It has everything you need - brilliant. We definitely intend to return and would be delighted to provide a reference any time!
Chris/Heather visited from the UK in January: We were very pleased we had such a well kept and comfortable house to relax in. The average weather meant we used more house facilities than normal! We found everything first class. If we revisit the area again we would not look elsewhere for accommodation.
Ralph/Joan/Daryl/Denise are regular visitors from Iowa in February: Could not have been better! We had a great time again and appreciate you sharing your holiday home with us. We will definitely be back and would we recommend this property to others? Absolutely!
Activity and Interests
There are numerous beaches all along the coast which could be incorporated into a holiday in the desert.
We are 5 mins from Palm Springs Int'l Airport (PSP) and around 2 hours from Los Angeles Int'l Airport (LAX). Several airlines fly into Palm Springs via Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver etc and this can be quite an advantage when returning to Europe as check-in times are far shorter at this small airport and baggage is not seen again until you arrive home! We have details of competitive car hire rates bookable on the internet or limo shuttle between LA and the desert cities if preferred.
The grid road system makes travelling by car very easy indeed. Once you locate your destination by way of the nearest cross street, you will have no problem in finding it. You will soon become familiar with which roads run north to south, and which east to west. Palm Springs centre is 5 mins away, Palm Desert is 15-20 mins and La Quinta is 30 mins driving from the property. Superb movie theatres are well placed thoughout the desert cities offering new releases long before they appear in Europe!
The nearest food store is less than half a mile away and a wide choice of larger supermarkets and shopping malls can be found throughout Palm Springs and beyond. Closest shops, restaurants, banks etc are found in Palm Springs itself, just 5 mins drive away, and the Thursday evening outdoor market in PS is a must. Eat on one of the restaurant terraces overlooking the market area and soak up the real village atmosphere. There are now many Las Vegas style casinos in the area as well as numerous sports bars and the like. The Aerial Tramway is 15 mins away and provides an exciting ride to the top of the San Jacinto Mountains. It's at least 30 degrees cooler here with pine-scented hiking trails, camping, and even cross-country skiing in the winter months. The Living Desert is also just a 15 min drive and offers a unique experience of seeing giraffes, zebras, mountain lions, wolves and more at close quarters. Take the trolley which drops off and picks up at various points all day. Joshua Tree National Park and Indian Canyons are both tranquil and special places to visit, and at the other end of the spectrum is the Knotts Soak City waterpark, just a few mins away! Pioneertown is a fascinating place, well worth the 40 min drive through fantastic rock formations. It was here the old Gene Autry/Roy Rogers movies were made. Buildings are undersized to make the shorter actors of the time appear taller! Try to stay for the evening entertainment - it's great fun! Horseback riding through the foothills and off-road adventure tours are also available closeby. Further afield, Universal Studios and Disneyland are in the Los Angeles area and can be most conveniently visited at the beginning or end of your holiday if you are travelling through LAX. Even the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas are possible weekend destinations from Palm Springs. This is a great location for exploring the desert areas of California, and the year round low humidity here makes even the hottest days more bearable!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jan 2017 - 30 Apr 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% deposit secures the booking with the balance payable 1 month prior to arrival. Receipt of final balance triggers information pack to be sent including driving directions and access arrangements.
We have no set changeover day. Preferred check-in time is 4pm with check-out at 11am to allow time for the cleaner's visit but please advise if your flight times don't suit and we will be as flexible as the booking calendar will allow!
Notes on prices:
Weekend and holiday rates may be higher.
Weekly rates include cleaning fee, shorter stays subject to £80 cleaning fee.
Inquire about our special monthly rates!
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Two en-suite bathrooms, one with bath/shower, one with walk-in shower. Both have hairdryers, twin inset basins and access to spacious walk-in closet/dressing area with plentiful supply of bed linen as well as bathroom and pool towels.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Two king master suites, one of which converts to twins, en-suite facilities, large walk-in closet. Situated either side of living room, this accommodation provides absolute privacy to guests. Each with 42" flatscreen TV and double sliding doors to patio.
- Golf ...
- Outside: The private covered patio has spectacular pool, lake and mountain views, and is a wonderful place to dine out at any time of the day. It's position also provides magnificent views of the sun setting behind the mountains. The pool is a fabulous feature of this property, being one of the best placed in the Desert Princess. With stunning mountain views, an adjacent hot tub and plenty of sun loungers, tables and chairs, the pool area has everything you could wish for. Cleaned daily, and with its sparkling water just steps from the patio for frequent drink replenishments, this is an inviting place to completely relax. The numerous fruit trees surrounding the property are there for guests to enjoy, so please help yourselves! A garage and parking spaces are immediately outside and a 4-seater golf buggy is provided to enjoy the golf naturally, but also to visit the club house for drinks or a meal, and to explore the other on-site facilities including tennis centre, spa, gym and lap pool. Utility Room: Laundry cupboard including stacked washing machine and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: A plentiful supply of towels and bed linen is provided. The property will be cleaned prior to arrival but laundry and cleaning during rental period are responsibility of client. Interim cleaning visits can be arranged if required at extra cost to client. Other: This is a no-smoking unit.