Villa in La Oliva, Nr. Correlejo, Fuerteventura - Peaceful Location With Stunning Views
Villa Okin is a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom villa situated in the rustic town of La Oliva with stunning views of the mountains. The villa is centrally located with plenty of quaint rural bars and restaurants on hand locally yet also being only 10 minutes from the unspoilt lagoon beaches of El Cotillo and 15 minutes from the lively resort of Corralejo with its many bars and restaurants and miles of sand dune beaches. The Villa has only just been completed and decorated to an exceptionally high standard throughout. The villa has a small gym, a 15m pool, a jacuzzi, air conditioning, satellite TV and many other enticing features.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(3 traveller reviews)
Lovely villa with fantastic pool and hot tub/jacuzzi. Exactly as described with well equipped kitchen and comfy furniture. Nearest open bar we found was next door to mucho gusto a simple inexpensive Italian style restaurant well worth a visit. It was approx 20 min walk from the villa. The villa is in a rural location so a car is essential. The owner of the villa (Sharon) was a pleasure to book with and was very accommodating to our needs. Would definitely recommend for a very relaxing holiday.
We were looking for a quiet location for a relaxing break but in a good location to explore the Island. We found the villa to be spacious clean and comfortable with an exceptional pool area. The kitchen was well equipped but there was a good choice of restaurants and tavernas within easy travelling distance from the villa should you prefer to eat out. We had a brilliant holiday and would certainly go back again and would recommend it to friends and family. A car is essential to enjoy the many interesting places around.
On arrival immediately pestered by a cat which kept trying to enter villa and made unloading difficult. The villa was clean but main bedroom smelt of cat and we couldn't open windws as said cat kept trying to come in. When we went to bed and moved the bed covers my wife started sneezing and her eyes started watering-a sure sign that the cat had been on the bed as she is allergic to cats. We had t use other room. Previous guests had problems according to visitor book with washing being sprayed and food taken. It was impossible to sit outside as the cat was constantly pestering us. This meant we hardly used the facilities we had paid for and when I tried the pool it was cold not heated. I did 'phone contact on island but got no answer. When I e-mailed owner on return very dismissive saying cat should not be in house but happy that cat had adopted their villa. The fact that there was a bowl and food provided says a lot! We felt the presence of the cat should be in the description as we would not have booked villa knowing this as it had a serious impact on our stay. Also the owners never sent details on receipt of payment and I had to chase them up a few days before departure - they say they were posted but they still haven't arrived. All in all very disappointing.
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is El Cotillo 10 mins, with its lagoon style unspoilt sands and quaint restaurant. Perfect for the whole family.
Fuerteventura airport is 30km / 25-30 mins away. Hiring a car is essential!
Distance to La Oliva 1.3km. Nearest restaurant and bar 0.6km. Nearest supermarket 1.3km. Nearest Water Park (Corralejo) 17km (10-15 mins). Nearest Golf Course 35km (30 mins).
- Booking Notes:
A non returnable deposit of 50% is required on booking with the balance due 6 weeks prior to your holiday. Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds and does not include flights.
Changeover day is flexible.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 has bath with shower over, wash basin and WC. Bathroom 2 has shower cubicle, wash basin and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with super king size bed (can be made into twin beds), wardrobes, dressing table and air conditioning. Bedroom 2 with king size bed, wardrobes, dressing table and air conditioning.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: As the villa is used by us, we keep it in pristine condition, therefore we prefer to rent only to adults (12+) and non smokers. Please note that renting a car is essential. Outside: Outside there is a huge private pool for sole use of Villa Okin. It is 14m (46ft) x 5m (16ft) approx. This is larger than most private pools on the island. There is also a jacuzzi and an open pool side shower. There is a large dining area for 6 and lots of space to bask in the sun (4 sun loungers). Utility Room: Washing machine and dryer - in courtyard outside. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels (except beach towels) and linen are included. Changed weekly or by specific request for small fee twice weekly. Other: Gymnasium (cross trainer, bench and free weights, multi-gym, abs cruncher) with TV.