Apartment in La Maestranza, Puerto Banus, Costa del Sol - 10 Mins Walk To Puerto Banus Centre, 4 Golf Courses 5 Mins Away
2 bed, 2 bathroom 1st floor apartment newly furnished on the fantastic La Maestranza complex. Wi-Fi, Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and washing machine/tumble dryer. Lounge area with 2 leather sofas, TV, DVD and large dining area. Set in a secure complex with 24 hour security and underground parking. 3 swimming pools which includes 1 children's pool all private to the apartments. Within 2 minutes walk is Centro Plaza with Starz cafe. There is a supermarket outside the lower gate and restaurants including Pasta Caffe, Aloha Grill, Evita and the Living Room. Only a 10 minute walk is the vibrant centre of Puerto Banus. This is a town to be seen in, with many famous faces, designer shopping and so many top quality restaurants, bars and clubs. The apartment could not be better placed for golf situated half way between Malaga and Gibraltar. 44 golf courses make up what is known as Costa Del Golf. There are 4 courses within a 5 minute drive which include La Quinta, Aloha, Los Naranjos and Las Brisas. Finally highchair and travel cot are both available.
Top Traveller Review
Just perfect! Love it here
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Steve and Jayne Smith - 'The quality of the apartment and its location was fantastic. We had an excellent stay and would completely recommend this as a holiday destination.'
4 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Just perfect! Love it here
I have stayed here 4 times in last year and love it. Everything on the door step from bars, restaurants of great quality, supermarkets, and then of course the complex facilities are spot on too. Two pools so you can beat the crowd, parking space for the rental car and well equipped apartment. Even get English TV channels for those all important British shows! I will definitely be back as works for quiet family holiday, golfing couples week and girls party weekends.
Great location and fantastic apartment
The apartment was excellent and in a great location with many fantastic restaurants, bars and supermarket all really close. The complex had two pools both with complimentary sun beds. We didn't find walking around the complex a problem at all and found the apartment to have everything we needed. Already reserved for next year!
A LET DOWN - NOT SUITABLE UNLESS YOU ARE VERY FIT
The property is situated in a secure attractive and well maintained residential site with a traditional Andalucean look.Unfortunately the site is on a steep hill with this apartment near the top and all the ameneties (supermarket - nearest bars etc) at the bottom.This means a tortuous trek back up a multitude of steep steps with your heavy shopping.This was not mentioned at all by the owner who really needs to make it clear as if we had been at all unfit or disabled we would have been stranded!
The apartment itself is supposed to be recently refurbished but we encountered:
- No toilet roll holders
- No towel rails
- The showers in both bathrooms were faulty - one we managed to have replaced but the other needed tap unit replacement which would have been a pretty long job.
- Only one bedside lamp in the twin bed room
- The single beds which converted to accomodate another two people had nasty metal levers on them which three of our party (one child) caught their feet on.
The air conditioning whilst welcome (and essential during the heatwave) was adequate though noisy in the bedrooms but the large lounge had only one unit which fought a losing battle.
-The 'Fully equipped' kitchen was anything but.
- No chopping board
- Very limited range of utensils
- No cafitierre or coffee pot (Ihad to buy one!)
- No ovenproof casserole or stewing dish
- No placemats
In addition to this trying to use more than a couple of appliances at one time resulted in the trip switch going off and only by turning of the air conditioning while cooking could this be avoided and sometimes not even then.
I would say this is a nice roomy apartment but though clean it needs some TLC and attention to maintainence detail before it could be regarded as being of a high standard.In reality it does not appear 'recently refurbished' but just tired (which we were too after trying to sleep on what felt more like a block of concrete than a bed.
The Locations description and timings to stated areas of Peurto Banuse were fantasticly optimistic.I think the author of this apartments description must be an olympic athlete if he can access on foot the places he mentions in the times he states.
eg Peurto Banuse on foot in ten minutes - it took us over that in a cab!!
This is by no means a complete list of our complaints but I have raised them with the owner who says he has never had a complaint before.He needs to read the guest comment book that he left in the apartment!!!
Activity and Interests
The vibrant port of Puerto Banus is a 10 minute walk and has a stretch of beach either side. The beaches also include the Ocean Club and other cool places to spend the days sunbathing on luxury beds.
Malaga Airport is located just a 45 minute drive away and 45 mins to Gibraltar. Car hire is recommended to book in advance (to save on cost) with all the recognised rental firms located within the airport. Car hire is not essential and a taxi journey will cost approx 70 euros.
Puerto Banus is one kilometer away. Malaga is 45 minutes going east with Gibraltar 45 minutes to the west.
There is no need to just rely on Puerto Banus as within two minutes there are over ten excellent restaurants. Also two supermarkets, pharmacy, banks and bar/coffee houses are all located on the doorstep.
Every Saturday a large market comes to Neuva Andalucia where you will be spoilt for choice if buying a new bag or a pair of shoes is high on your shopping list.
Puerto Banus itself is full of designer shops which include Dior, Versace, Burberry, Dolce and Gabbana to name but a few. The harbour is literally lined with superb restaurants, shops and bars. It really is a place to hang out for lunch, shop or eat, drink and dance the night away. Within the town is also the famous department store El Corte Ingles which is like our John Lewis. It sells all the fashion labels over several floors, make up and perfume, electrical items and sports equipment. It also has a large supermarket on the ground floor. The town also boasts lots of other shops including Zara, Puma, Pull and Bear and Mango.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Oct 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact myself directly via email or phone for further details. A 25% deposit is required to hold any booking with the balance to be paid six weeks prior to the holiday start date.
25% deposit taken to confirm booking and dates. Balance due four weeks prior to visit.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- children welcome
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with bath/shower, WC, bidet, wash basin. En-suite to bedroom 2 with bath/shower, WC, bidet, wash basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds with the capabilty to extend these into four singles. Travel cot available. Hairdryer
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The lounge/dining room and the two bedrooms benefit from hot and cold air-conditioning. No smoking allowed in the apartment and no pets. Outside: Apartment has a 15msq terrace equipped with table and four chairs and a sun lounger. Also apartment is serviced with a lift directly outside the front door. Complex has three swimming pools includiding a children's pool in beautifully maintained landscaped grounds. La Maestranza is a gated complex with 24hr security and underground parking. The building style is in a classical Andalucian style with white walls and tiled walk throughs. Utility Room: Includes washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board. Also included vacum cleaner. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels provided. Mid stay cleans can be arranged.