Bungalow in Caleta De Fuste, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands - Peaceful Private Location, 10 Mins Walk to Beach and Centre Of Resort.
Casa D'Este is a beautiful two bedroom bungalow on a corner plot in a small, quiet exclusive gated residential complex on the hillside leading to the resort of Caleta De Fuste with it's good selection of restaurants, pool bars and shops including several supermarkets. There is a small Marina and a safe, sandy golden beach ideal for families. Furnished to a high standard, the bungalow has an inner courtyard with stairs leading to a private solarium with spectacular sea, mountain and golf course views. Only a 5 minute drive to two championship 18 hole golf courses.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I live with my husband in the beautiful town of Eastbourne on the south coast. When we retired here we decided to buy our lovely bungalow in Caleta in Fuerteventura where the sun shines all year round! As well as sharing it with our guests we try to spend as much time there as possible with our sons and our two wonderful granddaughters. We are really delighted that all our guests have enjoyed our Casa as much as we do and we are continually adding more features to ensure that everyone feels at home and have everything they need to make this happen!. We find the area in which our property is situated to be extremely peaceful and relaxing yet a short walk from all the benefits of the town centre.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Thank you for another wonderful holiday here in Casa D'Este-one of the best things about coming here is that the moment we walk through the door we feel at home and start to relax' - Helen Williams - 27/03/10.
'We don't as a rule visit the same place twice but we may make an exception with this place - it has been a wonderful holiday.' - Peter Jackson - 15/09/10.
'If we had ordered a holiday we could not have done better! We were looking for total peace & sun. I came with our two girls , 14yrs & 11yrs and we felt so safe here'. - Helen Rooney - 03/04/10.
"I can only repeat my words after our first visit - Simply heaven on earth!- we have just booked our 8th.visit to Casa D'Este!!" - Sonia Jones - 8th.October, 2012.
4.8 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
We stayed at this villa for a week, its in a great location and has all you needs for a self catering holiday. Supermarket and bar pool a short walk. We had a great stay here, what a lovely place and the villa is perfect very comfortable, clean and excellent price. will definitely stay here again....
We absolutely loved this place. I've stayed in plenty of bungalows and apartments before in various countries but the Casa D'Este is the nicest and most comfortable I've stayed in. It's well laid out with plenty of interesting quarters to read or bathe in the sun. I particularly liked breakfast in the inner courtyard - I can still smell the coffee and goodies from the patisserie! Its a nice walk down the road into the restaurant/shopping areas but there is also a nearby restaurant about 5 mins stroll away called Nestors which is fairly new in this location I understand. We ate there twice and the food was good plus decent portions as well for the hungry folks out there. Also did plenty of our own cooking after a 'big' shop at the Euro Spar located in the Atlantico complex - 25 mins walk but €3.60 for a taxi back with the boot loaded up. The casa has all you need to cook up some good meals, pots & pans, pottery & utensils were abundant (which is usually where some places lack) - cooking does work out a fair bit cheaper than eating out all the time and makes a change if you feel like the quiet of the patio or roof terrace. Average meal out with drinks (usually a bottle of wine) for 2 was €55 - €60 for 2 courses (lots of fillet steak was devoured!) where as cooking a decent meal was around half that with a bottle of wine. The small gated community that the casa is based in is particularly quaint little area with 2 paths. We had a wander around and found the mix of architecture within the community was some of the nicest in all of Caleta. Transport is good in Fuerteventura and the buses took us all sorts of places for days out. The owner is lovely and a
pleasure to book with
Lovely place to stay...
We have stayed in this bungalow twice, once with the children and once without. It suited us perfectly on both occasions. It has all you need to relax and was very clean.
Plus points.. Beautiful private roof terrace with 2 beds and comfortable cushions, table with 4 chairs with the most wonderful views of Caleta, well maintained, many extras, spacious well presented living and sleeping spaces. Great little café 50m away. Secure.
Negative.. Up the hill. Not a problem for us but the kids moaned a little on the way home. (2.5 euro in a taxi buys their silence). The on site pool is out of bounds to visitors - but there are facilities 5-10 mins away that are free to use.
I would recommend this bungalow to all. Enjoy!
Our Ultimate Holiday Home
We had our 10th holiday at Casa d'Este in December last and within a few weeks were booking our next for this coming May - which should speak for itself ! The property is in a very desirable small private gated complex, immaculate and contains everything one requires. If you like a 'Home from Home' holiday then this is the place for you. We have not yet met the owner but have exchanged many E Mails over the years and she would appear to be a very kind, genuine and talented lady and we would fully endorse all she has to say in her description of Casa d'Este. Her Manager too is most helpful in every way.
Adjacent to the complex is a small Bar/Eatery run by a pleasant local family who also sell all the important little things.
We love Casa d'Este and wish it was ours !
Great location private and secure and all you need for a relaxing break, with the benefit of uk tv!
re casa d este
this is the second time we have stayed at casa d este.we have had a fantstic time there. the villa had everything we needed a proper home from home but with sunshine and fantastic views.
thank you jan for letting us share your lovely villa.
also thanks to jacqui for pick up and drop off.
all the best, jackie and brian.
From the Owner
“We love the development in which we have our property as it is maintained to a very high standard and is an exclusive residential community which is peaceful and relaxing and away from all the hustle and bustle of Caleta but is an easy 10 minute stroll away when we wish to enjoy it's amenities.”
Activity and Interests
The beach of Caleta De Fuste is a 5 minutes drive by car or a 10 minute walk from the property, there is also a small tourist train which will take you from just by the property right into the centre of Caleta at a very small charge. The beach is horse-shoe shaped with golden sand and ideal for families with children. The upmarket harbour area with its excellent facilities is a great place to dine and enjoy evening entertainment, deep-sea diving is available as well as a resident sea-lion!
Fuerteventura airport is just 6KM a 15 minute drive from the resort. Car hire is not essential as there is an excellent bus service and taxis are clean, smart and plentiful and very cheap, about 5 euros to and from the centre of Caleta! However, if you wish to discover more of this island's stunning beaches and towns, a car would be recommended, car hire is not expensive and the roads are excellent and road signs easy to read.
Los Molinos is a small village on the west coast and boasts the only duck pond on the island! The sand on this beach is both black and golden. To the north of the island is Corralejo, a busy tourist resort and from where you can take a short ferry crossing to Lanzarote and Gran Canaria. The famous sand dunes are also here and are some of the finest beaches in the world. To the south is the resort of Jandia with it's beautiful white sand beach and a fine array of shops.
There are two championship golf course in Caleta combining residential areas and leisure activities in addition to the golf. The Atalantico Shopping Centre is complete with large supermarket, bars, restaurants, shops, cinema and bowling alley, it is flanked by luxurious 4* and 5* hotels and fronted by 5 star beaches and lagoons and you will even be able to take a ride on a Camel (makes a change from Donkeys!).
There are 3 4 star Elba Hotels in the area offering excellent facilities including crazy Golf, Beach volley Ball, Tennis, gymnasiums and much more. The 5 star Sheraton offers a comprehensive range of pampering, massages, Spa Treatments etc. at reasonable prices.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£60|
Bookings may be made by checking availability then calling or e-mailing Jan East at details below. A 20% non-refundable deposit is payable at the time of booking with the balance to be paid no later than 6 weeks prior to departure. Once the deposit has been received your booking will be confirmed. A breakage deposit of £60 is payable with the final balance which will be returned by cheque after your return providing there is no damage.
Changeover days are usually Weds. or Sats. but can be flexible.The property will be available from 3.00pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 11a.m. Please advise flight details and arrival times as soon as known.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Casa D'Este enjoys an enviable position which affords panoramic views over sea, mountains and golf courses.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Large bathroom is fully tiled with full size bath/shower over,glass shower screen,W.C. and bidet. Hairdryer provided.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a king-size bed with Spanish headboard, bedside tables and room for a cot. Bedroom 2 has two single beds which can be made up as a double if requested. Both bedrooms have fitted wardrobes and ceiling fans.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is on a small gentle hillside which leads to the area known as Montana Blanca, providing wonderful panoramic views over the sea, mountains and golf courses. A peaceful retreat from the friendly bustle of the resort of Caleta yet is in easy reach of all amenities. THE SMALL COMMUNAL POOL IS FOR USE BY OWNERS AND THEIR FAMILIES ONLY, there are many pool bars for use nearby and all the beachside hotels have wonderful heated family-friendly pool complexes which you can enjoy whilst enjoying a drink or a coffee. Please note the property is strictly no-smoking, smoking only permitted on the outside areas. Outside: There is a sunny outside patio area with a bench and table providing a welcome shady spot in the afternoons. The private inner courtyard has stairs leading to the Solarium which offers fabulous views over Caleta and to the mountains beyond, furnished with table and chairs and sun loungers for dining and sunbathing with a view! The property is on an exclusive residential complex and is maintained to a very high standard. Pool bars, restaurants, top-class hotels and a supermarket are 5 minutes walk away as well as the tourist train which goes all the way into the fantastic Harbour area offering high class dining and entertainment. A bus stop taking you all over the Island is at the bottom of the hill. Unlimited free Wi-Fi is available on request. Utility Room: Inner courtyard housing washing machine and stairs to solarium. Retractable clothes line and airer. Table and chairs for shady dining! selection of parasols, sun-beds, childrens beach toys, coolbox for guests' use. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen included (except beach towels). Weekly clean if staying two weeks or more. Welcome packs provided at small extra charge. . Cot available for hire, small child's booster seat here. Other: Inner hallway with window protected with fitted mosquito net enabling it to remain open at night without danger of being bitten! Ceiling fans in all rooms provide welcome relief from the heat. Safety deposit box is in the main bedroom.