Villa in Dendiatica/Loggos, Paxos, Greek Islands - Nestled in Olive groves up above Loggos.10 Minutes walk to village or to tranquil Glyfada Beach.
Built, owned and loved by an English family, "Oranges" is a modern, spacious 3 bedroom villa situated in the tiny hamlet of Dendiatica up in the peaceful olive groves above the well known fishing harbour village of Loggos. ''Oranges'' offers a feel of the real Greece but with all the facilities and entertainments you would want on a Greek island holiday easily to hand. Although detached and private, the property is on the main lane so easily accessed by car/taxi, and there is plenty of parking space on the drive.The ancient track known as "The Donkey Steps" terminates just outside the front gate and provides a beautiful 10 minute walk down into the village with it's harbour-side bars, shops and excellent tavernas. Across the lane, the so called 'fairy path' winds you down through the olive groves to Glyfada Beach, a beautiful and relatively quiet cove where the water is crystal clear blue and perfect for swimming.Of course,the down hill is easier than the return and this needs to be kept in mind for those with very small children or elderly guests. Taxis are always to hand in the village but a hire car may be necessary.
Although newly built around 9 years ago, the property has been tastefully finished in keeping with its surroundings and provides charming features such as natural stone walls, open pine ceiling and a solid creamy white granite floor. Internally, it is finished to a high standard and provides modern facilities including a TV, washing machine, dishwasher and large fridge freezer. It has been freshly decorated this year and we have also introduced brand new quality crisp white linen and towels throughout.
The outside area, as the name suggests, plays host to several orange and lemon trees and has two pleasant patio areas; one by the pool shaded by a large pergola with a table and lots of seating for dining outside, and one at the back with another table and chairs, a good quiet spot for reading or sun bathing. There are several sun loungers and also concrete benches with cushions for lounging and relaxing. The whole garden is walled and gated so safe for children.
The bedrooms are all good sized and tastefully furnished. With comfort in mind we have this year shipped new beds and quality mattresses too! The bedrooms all have ceiling fans which we find adequate throughout the summer months, and the windows are fitted with mosquito screens which work a treat.
All in all, this a superbly situated, spacious, comfortable family house, ideal for a greek island holiday to remember.
About the Owner
We are private owners of this house on beautiful Paxos which we built ourselves back in 2005. We have four children and as such have aimed to create a family base which is simple but comfortable with good security and peace of mind.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We had a fantastic holiday in your gorgeous home. You must be, quite rightly, very proud of what you have created. Heaven on earth!' (Guest 2014)
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The closest beach is Glyfada. This is a small secluded cove that benefits from a healing volcanic spring at one end. This is known locally as one of the most beautiful beaches on the east coast of the island and we are lucky that it is within a few minutes walk of the property. A small track across from the house meanders its way through the olive groves to this tranquil spot. There are plenty of other beaches on Paxos easily accessed by hire boat or foot.
Fly to Corfu.
Taxi to port.
Ferry or sea taxi to Paxos.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% deposit on booking.
Full payment required 4 weeks before arrival date.
Our chosen day for changeovers is Friday but we are always flexible when possible.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom, very modern with a double wet room style shower. washbasin and WC. Well aired. En-suite to bedroom 1, very modern with a double wet room style drop down shower, washbasin and WC. Sea glimpses.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Travel cot can be provided. Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 Double bed. En-suite.Outlook over olive groves. Bedroom 2 Gorgeous king size sleigh bed, new orthopaedic matress, built-in wardrobes. Bedroom 3 2 modern single beds and built in wardrobe.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: The property benefits from 2 patio areas; 1 is covered by a large slatted rain proof pergola and has a table and seating for dining outside, the other at the back is more secluded and also has table and chairs. Both have lighting for night time. The gardens are stocked with mature citrus trees and beds stocked with various flowering shrubs and creepers. The front of the property is shaded by bouganvillea and jasmine. Utility Room: N/A Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and are changed on a weekly basis. The property is also cleaned on a weekly basis. Should anyone require any extra cleaning this can be arranged at an extra cost.