Village House in Albunuelas, Lecrin Valley, Granada - Tradtional Whitewashed Village, Dating Back To Moorish Times
Beautifully converted village house which sleeps 6. Casa de Luz has 2 double and 1 twin bedded rooms, two bathrooms, the en-suite has an Arab style bath as well as a separate shower, open living areas and with outside patio areas and a sun terrace. It has been restored in-keeping with it's rural surroundings and the Moorish heritage of it's locality. The locally sourced furnishings, including antiques, enhance the authenticity of this centuries old, and according to legend, Moorish merchant's house in one of the most beautiful parts of Andalucia, the Lecrin Valley. Complemented by modern comforts, the house provides an ideal base for exploring the treasures of Andalucia, including the Alhambra and the Albayzin in Granada. Whether walking through orange and olive groves a stone's throw from the house, horse riding in the Lecrin Valley, swimming at the beaches of the Costa Tropical or just sunbathing by the pool, the house provides an ideal base for a relaxing family holiday.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
A trip to the relatively uncrowded beaches of the Costa Tropical 40km away is an ideal way to spend a day, sampling the sea food or exploring Salobrena, perched on a hill in the middle of the surrounding plains planted with sugarcane, avacados or chirimoya.
Granada Airport, with flights with Monarch or Ryan Air is 30km away. Malaga Airport serviced by British Airways is approximately 2 hours away. It is recommended to rent a car as the village is in a rural location. Car hire is possible at both Malage and Granada airport.
The nearest bars, restaurants serving tapas and traditional fare, the pharmacy and shops of the village are within walking distance. The local bars and restaurants are welcoming of visitors. Further restaurants and shops are within a short drive in the Lecrin Valley. For International or high end cuisine, you will need to go to Granada or the Coast.
Granada city, good shopping and dining, is about 30 minutes drive from the house.The magnificent Alhambra is a must-see and the Albayzin, a warren of passages and alleys full of stalls, tetarias, bars and restaurants are waiting to be explored. After a drink and tapas in the Albayzin, La Chumbera in Sacromonte offers flamenco, with a floodlit Alhambra as a backdrop to the stage. Parque de las Ciencias is a well equipped science museum which houses a mammoth tooth found in the Padul Basin, a wetland area good for watching birds. There is good walking within the Valley, from strolls through orange and almond groves to hiking the GR7, a long distance path which traverses the valley. Lanjaron and the Alpujarras are appr. 30 minutes away. In Lecrin, it is possible to go birding or fishing at the nearby Beznar Lake, or horse riding can be arranged. The relatively quiet beaches of the Costa Tropical are 40 minutes drive. Locally there are restaurants, bars and whitewashed villages to explore.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
29 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Post occupation cleaning||£67|
Please note that we require a 20% deposit to confirm booking with the final payment due 8 weeks prior to date of arrival. Bookings and payments are handled by our local agent who will also be on hand for the duration of your stay to provide advice and assistance should you need it.
Changeover day during the high season is Saturday but it may be possible to be flexible during the mid or low seaons. Please contact us to discuss any special requirements.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in Euros.
Additional charge of 75 euro per stay for post-occupation cleaning.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite has a Moorish style bath, separate large shower cubicle, wc and handbasin. There is plenty of storage space and a good hair dryer. Bathroom 2 has a bath with shower, wc and hand basin. Downstairs there is a cloakroom with wc and handbasin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms come off a gallery with panoramic views. Bedroom 1 is en-suite with large double, has a wardrobe and opens out onto a balcony overlooking the pool. Bedroom 2 has a large double and shares a bathroom with Bedroom 3 which has two single beds.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: There is a large private swimming pool with plenty of terraced areas and sun longers for sunbathing and relaxing. There are views of the Rio Santo Gorge from the top sun terrace. There are secluded areas providing total privacy. The pool house with a comfortable seating area provides a shaded area for reading during the day or for enjoying a glass of wine and tapas with the lit pool and star filled Andalucian sky. There is a lower terrace with a pergola and a small fountain and a separate dining area with seating for 6. A BBQis provided. Within 20m of the house are orange and olive groves and footpaths for a stroll. A walk down to the Rio Santo through the terraced fields, with irrigation channels dating back to Moorish times, provides an opportunity to see wildlife, especially migratory birds. Utility Room: Separate utility room with boiler, washing machine, iron, ironing board and clothes dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. Cleaning is provide pre and post stay. Cleaning during the stay can be arranged at extra cost.