2Bedroom, 2 Bathroom Duplex Apt. Stunning views over bay and mountains. 3 minutes from town.
Babakiki Apartment. A spacious front facing 2 bedroom/2 bathroom air-conditioned duplex apartment occupying 2 floors situated in the very popular Mediterranean Apartment complex just 2 minutes walk to the town centre. So, no taxis required. Being front facing, the apartment has stunning, uninterrupted panoramic sea views from balcony, roof terrace, both bedrooms and lounge. Marble flooring throughout, including spiral staircase. Locally furnished to a high standard. All set in wonderfully landscaped gardens surrounding 5 pools.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect Holiday Appartment
Many thanks.......and look forward to hearing from you again.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a wonderful time. We will definitely go back to Kalkan. The apartment is really great and the views were just spectacular. It has got to be one of the best apartments in the town!" - Tracy (West London)
"Everything was fabulous especially not having to worry about pool towels....such a thoughtful touch........I'm sure we will be back. I can't think of a better home from home." -Josie.
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Perfect Holiday Appartment
We had the most wonderful 10 days in Kalkan and this appartment was fantastic. It's literally a few minutes walk into town but is in a lovely quiet location. The apprtment is really well equipped and the tearrace and balcony are just great for enjoying the sea views. We loved sitting out on the roof tearrace til late at night looking down at Kalkan and eating breakfast on the terrace. There are plenty of pools to choose from in the complex and the whole setting is so pretty with beautiful flowers everywhere. It has a lovely feel and everyone we met who was staying there were really nice and friendly. We went with our 2 children (9 & 11) and we all loved the beach clubs, swimming with sea turtles, the water sports and all the fabulous restaurants. Don't think twice about booking this place; you definitely won't be disappointed. Transfers from/to the airport were seamless and Jane was so helpful answering all our questions as first timers to Kalkan. We will be recommending this appartment to all our friends and would love to come back another time
First, let me start off by saying that the owner, Jane, is one of the loveliest people i've ever had the chance of knowing (if only via email). She was beyond accommodating, and made the entire experience easy and welcoming.
If you need a relaxing time away, look no further. My husband and I are constantly traveling and this was the first vacation I've been on in years where I could put my brain and my body to rest, enjoy the gorgeous views, the friendly people, and fresh foods.
The flat itself made me feel at home. Waking up to the view of the water every morning could not have been a better start to each day. We cooked almost every day (and there is a small grill on the top floor terrace) - so stopping at the local butcher and produce spot was easy and delicious.
You are about a 5-10 minute walk to everything in Kalkan that you could need.
Already trying to come up with a way for us to get back there even though we jut left!
Our first time in Kalkan and we will definitely be back. Fabulous apartment, light and airy with uninterrupted views over the bay. Very convenient for the town and beach, no taxi's needed as everything is genuinely within walking distance. Even though we visited during the school holidays the swimming pools are very quiet and on some days we even had a pool all to ourselves. Would not hesitate the recommend this place to everyone. Overalll a great holiday in a beautiful place.
This was our first visit to Turkey and it exceeded our expectations in every respect. Babakiki apartment was beautifully situated overlooking the sparkling Mediterranean and the town of Kalkan. It was spotlessly clean, large fluffy towels and well equipped. The gardens around the apartments were lovely and the pools cleaned every morning, even your rubbish is taken away every day! We enjoyed several trips and particularly loved Saklikent Gorge where we went wading up the gorge before a trip down the river in a large rubber ring! We also loved the sunken city and a day trip to the Greek Island of Meis. We walked up to the bus station and caught the Dolmus to Patara beach a few times. Great swimming off a stunning beach and a great beach cafe. There are multitudes of restaurants in Kalkan. Our favourites were away from the pricey harbour area. Hannimeli and Isos were both superb and felt a little more authentic. In short, a wonderful holiday in a beautiful apartment situated in a great country and lovely local people!
Activity and Interests
Kalkan's pebble beach is a 5 minutes stroll from the apartment. Daily boat-trips can be taken from the harbour to the nearby Snake and Mouse islands. There are several nearby beach clubs. Kaputas beach is a 10 minutes drive away and the famous Patara beach, with its 18km of white sand is approx. 25 minutes on the dolmus.
The newly built airport at Dalaman is more efficient and faster to travel through and with the opening of the Gocek tunnel in 2006, the car journey from the airport to Kalkan is approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes. We can arrange all airport transfers and private car hire to the apartment.
The local town of Kas is approx. 30 minutes away on the dolmus. There is also Fethiye, another coastal town an hour away by dolmus. Lots of lovely surrounding beaches too,our favourite being the 18 kilometers long beach at Patara which is 30 minutes away by dolmus.
Situated between Kas and Fethiye, Kalkan is an idyllic small, but established town built on a mountainside leading to a pretty bay and a quaint harbour. The resort has a fantastic array of rooftop and harbourside restaurants widely acclaimed in English newspapers. Town's services include a bank and post office which are very close to the apartment. The Kartin supermarket is just around the corner and covers all basic needs. The town has a good selection of shops selling pottery, clothes boutiques, leather goods, antiques, jewellery and much more. Some historical places of interest around Kalkan are Kevoka, (the sunken city), Xanthos, Ephesus (an overnight trip.) Saklikent gorge and trout farms in the mountains. More details of activities and local interests are included in the information pack provided in the apartment.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit and the remainder payable 8 weeks before departure please by cheque or bank transfer whichever is more convenient. Also, £50 breakages fee which will be fully refunded if there are no breakages!
Changeover day is flexible. If the apartment is not booked on your arrival and departure dates then you may arrive and leave at any time. However, if we are booked on those dates then departure time is 10am and arrival 4pm.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Discounts are available for rentals of a month or more.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 2 bathrooms fully tiled. The lower bathroom has a shower and the upper bathroom has a bath with shower over.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1: Double-bed, 2 French doors both with stunning sea views. Fitted wardrobes, chest of drawers and bedside table and safe. Bed 2: Twin beds with fitted wardrobe. Chair and bedside table. 2 porthole windows, 1 overlooking sea. Both air-conditioned.
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is superbly managed by a very efficient and friendly English lady and her Turkish husband, available at all times for help and advice. All guests will receive a basic welcome pack on arrival. Our agents can provide a welcome pack containing more goodies at an extra cost. There is also a booklet for information and activities in and around Kalkan and about the apartment itself. We have acquired quite a book collection too for you to enjoy! Outside: Our roof terrace is large enough for a large parasol and this year (2014) we have furnished it with a rattan settee and 2 chairs,as well as a marble table. It's our favourite place in the apartment and please, bring your binoculars for the wonderful views of the bay, harbour, Kalkan town and the mountains. Also you can sunbathe here if you prefer. The balcony from the living room has a round marble table with 4 chairs and parasol. Also, with superb views over the sea and Kalkan town. We also provide 4 sunbeds with beach towels and a parasol for use in the beautiful landscaped gardens (with 5 pools) surrounding our apartment. Utility Room: Small area upstairs with sink, washing machine. A water cooler was installed between bathroom and bedroom in 2013. Also, in 2014 we installed a supplementary water tank here. Please switch this to ON when the normal water supply has been cut off. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen are included. We also provide 4 beach towels for your use which should help with the baggage restrictions at the airport! A weekly change of towels and linen and maid service is provided and cost inclusive.