Villa near Gumusluk, Bodrum, Turkey - Stunning Views Over Aegean Sea From Dining Patio And Upstairs Decking
Airy, spacious and light, holiday home with private pool & Wifi. Our double height open plan lounge and kitchen is light and airy with an indoor dining table for 6. The lounge has 3 large double patio doors opening onto the covered poolside terrace where you'll find plenty of shade as well as another covered dining area with seating for 6 looking over our private swimming pool. The villa has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, and our upstairs wooden decking provides lots of space for everyone to find a place to catch some sun. Since we use Villa Milas for our own family holidays, we've made sure it has everything you'll need to enjoy a relaxed and peaceful time. It provides the perfect mix of a quiet holiday with plenty of night life only 30 minutes drive away in nearby Bodrum. For a quieter life, the local villages of Gumusluk and Yalikavak are a 10 minute drive away and have a range of shops, bars and restaurants gathered around beautiful marinas along the shoreline.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful spacious villa
About the Owner
I live in Scotland with my family and we manage to get out to our villa at least twice each year. My husband and I went on holiday to Turkey in 2006 and loved it. We went back in 2007 to buy an apartment. But after looking at lots of apartments, we saw this villa being built and instantly fell in love with it. It feels like a tranquil place to get away from it all - the perfect holiday home. I'm a bit of a stickler for cleanliness, so I pay close attention to making sure our house is well cared for and presented in the best way possible for our guests.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Spent my 40th birthday here. The villa has everything you need for a fabulous holiday, and lying on the roof terrace with a glass of wine watching the stars is truly amazing!"
4.8 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful spacious villa
Spent a fantastic week in this villa, it has everything you need and was very clean. We didnt hire a car but getting around on the minibuses was very easy and cheap. The Terrace restaurant at the bottom of the road is fantastic the food and atmosphere brilliant and they were very helpful. Gumusluk is a lovely area. The agent was very helpful only a call away. Would definetley recommend villa Milas to anyone.
The villa is spacious with easy access to local shops,restaurants & surrounding beaches.
The sea view is lovely & you can also enjoy the beautiful sun rise from the balcony.
The Wifi can be problematic sometimes if to many people using the internet continuously.
The area is hilly around so a car is probably the best option to go with.
I certainly recommend it.
A lovely property in a good location.
A lovely, bright and clean property that has everything you need for a great holiday. The villa had all mod cons and the kitchen had lots of useful equipment, this make a pleasant change! The pool was just perfect as was the stunning view from the upstairs decking! A good location for Gumusluk, Yalikavak and to explore the Bodrum peninsula. There is also a huge selection of restaurants nearby so we didn't have to cook at all!! It was also great having local agents who were very friendly and reliable. Thank you for a perfect week!
Exceeded Expectations A Fantastic Villa
The photos don't really do the villa full justice, it's very spacious and has plenty of outdoor space (in the shade as well if you prefer). The pool is large enough to do laps and the view from the top deck is stunning day and night. The attention to detail to ensure we had a great holiday was excellent, Linda and her agent in Turkey were the more than helpful, the villa is really well equipped, much more tha most holiday homes. The location can't be better with easy access to nearby towns and a brilliant supermarket at the bottom of the road. A great family holiday was had by all and we would definitely highly recommend the Villa, we will certainly be back in the near future. Thanks so much Linda for making our holiday so special .
Stayed here with a group of girlfriends and had an amazing holiday. The pictures do not do justice to this lovely peaceful villa in a quiet part of Turkey but with Bodrum only 40 minutes away. The accommodation is spacious and lovely and clean with everything you need for a wonderful stay. Especially nice is the pool which lights up at night and many a night was spent sipping wine and eating outdoors. The views are beautiful and the surrounding area is lovely to explore too with plenty lots of different places to eat and everyone is just so friendly. Had an amazing holiday and every time I look at my holiday pics want to go back !!
From the Owner
“If you've never been to Turkey before, you'll find the people are very warm and friendly and that's one of the reasons we bought our holiday home here. The Bodrum peninsula is very beautiful, and our house sits on top of a hill looking out over the Aegean sea - it's a stunning setting, and the house is particularly light and airy.”
Activity and Interests
There are many beaches on the Bodrum peninsula within just a few minutes drive. There is a beach 600m below the villa, and this can be accessed on foot or by car down a nearby road. 10 minutes drive gives you access to beaches at Myndos City, Gumusluk and Yalikavak. A 20 minute drive takes you to either Camel Beach or Bitez Beach, the best beaches around in our opinion.
Villa Milas is around 45km away from Bodrum Milas Airport. Airport transfers can be arranged to take you to the house. We recommend a hire car to get the maximum from your holiday and we can help with hire car arrangements if required. The drive from the airport is a very scenic road meandering along the Aegean coast towards Yalikavak. If you arrive in daylight, the road is a joy and its a great way to start your holiday.
There is a supermarket 5 mins walk from the villa supplying all your needs. Gumusluk is a small fishing village only 3km from the villa. Here you will find restaurants along the waterfront and a very funky artists market.
Yalikavak is 7km away and has several large supermarkets and many restaurants around the beautiful new super-yacht marina. Thursday's market here is an amazingly colourful sight! Bodrum is around 30 mins drive away and has markets, shops, bars and nightclubs if you feel energetic.
Yalikavak has lots of banks with ATM's. You'll also find boat trips here as well as windsurfing. The main shopping street in Yalikavak has a covered "roof" made of white sails to provide a cool place to wander on hot summer days.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please contact me directly to make a booking. I will be happy to offer advice on availability, flights, car hire etc. We require a 25% deposit at the time of booking. The remaining amount is payable 8 weeks before your holiday starts.
There is no specific changeover day since different flights arrive on different days. Please contact me to check availability.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We chose this house because of its clifftop location, and the private pool of course! You really need a car to get around the area, although there's a local shop and restaurant within 10 minutes walk. We chose a house that was a little off the beaten track, meaning that its very peaceful, especially in the evenings when we normally have dinner by the pool, listen to some music and just relax. We've left a pair of ipod speakers in the house, and there are electric sockets outside on the poolside area, and upstairs on the roof terrace if you fancy taking a little music outside with you.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite in master bedroom with toilet, twin sinks, bath and shower. En-suite in bedroom 2 with toilet, twin sinks, bath and shower. Family shower room opposite bedroom 3 with toilet, sink and shower cubicle.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with king size bed, dressing room, en-suite and patio doors to roof terrace. Bedroom 2 with double bed, fitted wardrobes, en suite and patio doors to pool. Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds, fitted wardrobes and patio doors to pool.
- Notes on accommodation: All bedrooms and the lounge have air-conditioning. Around the pool there are 6 sun loungers with padded covers. Upstairs there is a very large wooden decking area with several large cushions to chill out on and watch the sun setting over Silver Island in the bay. We have a DVD player and a selection of films, and a CD player with some CD's too. We also have an iPod dock if you want to play your own tunes. The supermarket is 5 mins walk and there are a few cafes by the supermarket for lunch or coffee, and a bakery for fresh morning rolls. Outside: Villa Milas has a private gated driveway and a private parking space. The Aegean area has very warm weather all year round, so we have made it easy to eat outside at the villa. There is an outdoor covered dining area with wooden table and 8 chairs, and there's a barbeque too. The dining terrace overlooks the pool (which is lit at night) and its a very peaceful setting to have breakfast, lunch or dinner. By the pool, there are 6 sun loungers with padded covers, and the garden has been landscaped to provide a good sized tiled poolside area surrounded by bougainvillea, a palm tree and a lemon tree. Upstairs, the master bedroom has a balcony overlooking the sea, and the 'chill out' cushions on the decking area provide a perfect place to relax. There is an outdoor power socket on the deck should you choose to bring along and plug in a portable music system. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron and ironing board, mop, buckets and cleaning supplies. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen and towels are provided. For stays longer than 7 days, towels and linen can be changed each week if requested for a small additional charge. Other: A charcoal barbeque is provided on the poolside terrace.