Villa on the Mar Menor Golf Resort, near towns of Torre Pacheco and Las Alcazares - Peaceful Location With Views Over Plaza, netted Orange Groves, And Mountain, Near Las Alcazares Beach
This quality furnished villa is ideally situated on the quieter perimeter of the gated resort of Mar Menor I. It overlooks one of the beautifully landscaped plazas at the front, whilst the rear aspect provides uninterrupted views of the adjacent orange groves (recently netted by grove farmer) and distant mountains. The resort’s leisure centre, Spa, golf club house, restaurants, bars, as well as supermarket, beauty salon, and bank are all a few minutes walk away (or nip up on one of the owners’ 2 bikes). The on site Jack Nicklaus designed 18 hole golf course is a feature of this resort village.
Top Traveller Review
Great relaxing stay in pleasant surroundings
About the Owner
We are a retired couple who spend as much time as we can in our house near Malaga in the south of Spain. We have 4 children , 5 grand children and a dog.
We have owned the Mar Menor villa since 2004 when it was built. We originally bought it for our parents to stay in as the apartment in Spain, where they used to spend the winter months, was cold and damp. They now no longer use the villa so we have rented it out, mainly on long-term lets.
We have a few properties In the UK that we let and have always chosen properties that we would be happy to live in ourselves. This one is no exception, we and our family have spent a number of memorable holidays there.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Great relaxing stay in pleasant surroundings
Came home last week , this is a lovely spacious town house , nicely decorated with great facilities with good wifi .We made good use of the BBQ . My wife hired a road bike whilst I used the gents bike to go on several lengthy rides usually having a beer and a meal at a beach front cafe before the ride home which is a about 20 mins away (on bike using quiet roads).The house is only a 5 minute walk from the intercontinental hotel which has several bars and restaurants,also there are restaurants just outside the gates of the complex , I'd recommend The Shamrock bar and Trianna is good for tapas and for a special meal Cambells in Roda is very good . If you're after a nice relaxing break in pleasant quiet surroundings this is the place to go.
Home from home, comfortable, clean & gr8 value
We've just arrived back from a wonderful holiday spent at this pretty villa. We were apprehensive to book as there hadn't been any previous reviews but from having lots of information from Dave the owner about different beaches near bye (a car drive of 15 mins) we booked it and weren't disappointed.
The air con is excellent plus lovely fans in all rooms which were pretty quiet too. We cooked at the apartment a lot and there were plenty of utensils & pots & pans etc.
The wifi was super speedy which pleased us all:)
The 2 cooler boxes available with cooler packs & Parasol plus 2 lovely beach chairs came in very handy to take to the beach and also my 17 yr old son made use of the bicycles that were available too:)
The entertainment at the hotel is excellent for young children and of which there were many:) and we ate at the very nice restaurant at the pool side where I enjoyed the salmon (really special) I liked this more than the Italian as the service & quality was much better.
In the social club where everyone is welcome had some very good entertainment there and the BBQ nights are very special and perfect for families.
You can use the clubs swimming pool (5mins walk from villa) they charge £5 per lounger for the day or you can ask permission to use the incredibly special hotel pool where they have luxury beds ... Yes Beds and many lovely loungers. They will let you into the pool though at a cost when they are quiet. Generally not on weekends. But you can spend time around the pool at the bars and restaurants at any time.
To sum up: my husband and I and our 2 sons 20 & 17 really enjoyed and as we love the beaches we hired a car and really enjoyed going to the beaches where the Mediterranean Sea was (approx 30-40 mins away & So worth it:) all beaches very safe for young children with life guards on pretty much all.
Thank you Dave & Sue and the lovely Joy who looks after the villa and guests and is available for any queries etc:)
So if your looking for a very comfortable, clean villa with comfortable sun beds too then this is for you, thank you Dave & Sue and sorry this review has been delayed xx
From the Owner
“The villa is ideally situated for those wanting to be near amenities, but not right on top of them that affects parking and sleeping. There are no other properties directly opposite the house, rather a beautiful plaza with fountains, trees, flower shrubs, and benches to relax or stroll through. At the rear there are also no buildings, but the outer limits of the resort consisting of orange groves (now netted) and the mountains in the distance. As the master bedroom is situated at the rear of the property, with it's own terrace and the views, it assures a peaceful nights rest at the end of the day.”
Activity and Interests
The warm inland sea of the Mar Menor is 5 Kms away. It has vast sandy beaches & promenades where many water sports are available.
Murcia's San Havier airport is 10-15 minutes away. Alicante is aproximately 50 minutes away.
There is a railway station in Torre Pacheco which is a 10 minute drive.
The nearest town, Torre Pacheco, is 3 Kms, Los Alcazares, on the coast is 5 Kms. The historic port of Cartagena is a 25 minute drive, Murcia (the regional capital, a 35 minute drive & Granada 3 hours away.
There is a well stocked supermarket on site, although larger/cheaper ones can be found in Torre Pacheco or Los Alcazares. There is a a Solbank just outside the gates of the complex & others in Torre Pacheco and Los Alcazares. There are several good restaurants on site, and many in the local area - details on the notice board in the kitchen. Menu del Dia's are served in most local restaurants at lunchtime - a 3 course meal, often including a bottle of wine between 2 for 8 euros upwards.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
A 20% deposit is payable on booking. The balance payable 6 weeks before arrival. Payments can be made using PayPal or Bank transfer. Special linen or cleaning requirements should be discussed with the Agent on arrival.
A £250 security deposit is payable. This will be refunded in full, provided the villa and inventory is left in the same condition as on arrival. The refund will normally be made within 7 days of departure.
Please contact owner.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“2 Bicycles are available, WiFi, Blue Ray Cinema System including bluetooth audio streaming from most smart phones, full UK and foreign TV with many HD channels on the Samsung 32" display.”
- Holiday Complex
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- 120 m²
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Window with mosquito net, not overlooked.
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Shower base without enclosure - Ground floor foot shower.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Ensuite. Mosquito netted window. With ventilation fan.
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 contains bath with overhead shower, vanity unit, WC, & extractor fan. Bathroom 2 - shower cubicle, Bidet, WC, handbasin. Downstairs bathroom 3 - shower, WC, handbasin & extractor fan. All bathrooms have heated towel rails.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, Rear aspect not overlooked. Ensuite Bathroom bath/shower.
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, Front Bedroom Not overlooked by other properties.
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Sofa bed/Futon, Double sofa is fully sprung and can sleep 2 On lower Floor.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 upstairs and up to a further 2 on the lower floor bedroom3 or use as quiet / reading room (3 Bedrooms). Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, queen size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 2, twin single beds, A/C, ceiling fan. Family Bathroom with shower cubical. Bedroom 3, fully sprung double sofa bed, ceiling fan. Downstairs toilet facility and foot shower room. Note! cot available on request.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- Outside: On the back covered terrace downstairs there is a outdoor dining table & 6 chairs and a retractable washing line. The rear garden looks over extensive orange groves (now netted) & mountains. Purpose brick built BBQ and garden shed containing 2 bikes, 4 sunbeds, 1 small tables & 2 sets of golf clubs. Upstairs there are 2 sun terraces. The small front terrace is a sun trap & gets hot enough to sun bathe on even in December. The rear larger terrace overlooks the orange groves (now netted), mountains & local country side. Utility Room: Washing machine, ironing board, steam iron, washing basket & pegs. Broom, dustpan, mop, bucket, hoover, vegetable rack & First Aid kit. Also available are 2 cool boxes. One large enough for a beach picnic (32Lt), and one smaller for a drinks pack. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Beach Towels are provided as well as household towels and initial linen. Any linen changes and additional cleaning can be discussed with the agent on or before arrival.