Villa in Poriarata, Trapezaki, Kefalonia - Peaceful Location Amongst Olive And Almond Groves With Sea/mountain Views
Villa Areti provides an excellent base for a family holiday. Located in a very peaceful position you will be able to get away from it all yet be close to local amenities. The nearest beach is Trapezaki (1.8km) which is safe for children. The villa has three bedrooms all with en-suite shower rooms, there are an additional two settees which convert into double beds and we can also provide a cot. There is a large living/dining room and modern kitchen. Balcony areas to two bedrooms and living room, patio area for alfresco dining. Villa Areti is fully licensed by the Greek Tourism Department (EOT).
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
D and J Mallard June 2011.
"A warm welcome from John and Jacky made us feel at home on Kefalonia. So many beautiful places to visit including Myrtos Beach, Fiscardo and the quiet sandy beach of Katelios. Villa Areti was everything we expected and more. Food in the local tavernas was good especially down by the beach in Trapezaki."
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Villa Areti makes an ideal location for wildlife and walking holidays. Due to its location Villa Areti has minimal light pollution and is therefore an ideal spot for star gazing! Telescope is provided on request and events such the Persiad meteor shower can be seen on clear nights.
We are fortunate to have a pair of nesting barn owls here and they can be observed via CCTV (May/June-Sept/Oct). Many other birds can be seen in the area such as buzzards, golden orioles and various falcons.
The nearest beach is Trapezaki, a beautiful clean beach with crystal clear water which is very safe for children (1.8km). Approx 3km there is the stunning Lourdas beach with its wonderful mountain backdrop. The beaches of Katelios, Kaminia and Mounda are approximately 20 minutes away by car. Ammies, Spartia beaches are 15 minutes away by car.
Kefallinia airport (EFL) approx 20 minutes by car. Pessada port (to Zakynthos) 10 minutes by car. Poros port (to mainland Greece) 30 minutes by car. Please note car hire is essential at this villa.
During March/April and November/December flights are only available via Athens.
The nearest Tavernas and shop is 1km, bakery 1km away. Argostoli and the main supermarkets are 10/8km away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings usually run from Sunday to Sunday although this is negotiable. Arrival and departure times are flexible depending on flight times.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
- 90 m²
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower, basin and WC. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with shower, basin and WC. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 3 with shower, basin and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6-8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Two additional double bed settees available and cots/put you up beds as required.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: A complimentary welcome pack is provided on arrival. Hampers can be purchased-please ask for further details. Pedicure, chiropody, massage, reflexology and hairdressing also available at the Villa on request. Air-conditioning available, 5 euros per night per unit, payable locally. Fans available at 10 euros per week, payable locally. Outside: There are outside balconies to the living room and 2 bedrooms. There is a large patio area with views across to the mountains and the sea. Parking is available for 3 cars. The grounds have been kept in their natural state to reflect the rural location of the villa within the olive and almond groves. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Villa cleaned once per week plus changeover day. Extra cleaning available on request. Linen and towels provided. Please note beach towels are not provided. Other: Kitchen/dining area. Addional patio area with large dining table and chairs.