Catered Apartment in Courchevel, France - Well Suited for Families with Children, Two Couples or a Small Group of Friends (Penthouse)
Escalade III is a lovely catered refurbished chalet-style apartment (rates per guest per week catered) in Courchevel 1650 near the slopes. Effectively the penthouse it offers exclusive accommodation on the second floor for a family perhaps with a grandparent or two or a nanny and room for the children. Also ideal for one group of 4-6 adult friends or colleagues (we can accommodate more but we don't like to crowd you). This cosy private property has all you should need whether you're out on the slopes all day or snuggled up with a book in front of the fire keeping afternoon tea under surveillance! Escalade III occupies one of the best positions for access not only to the slopes but also to all the resorts other services and facilities yet managing a sense of peaceful distance. Far-reaching views from 3/4 bedrooms. Chalet Host/Manager lives out and provides all your catering and guest services. Breakfast and afternoon tea provided on 7 days with a tasty 3 or 4 course evening meal with wine, cheese and coffee on 2-6 evenings.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
“just to let you know we're enjoying a fab time with lovely host, delicious food and your beautiful "home" in the Alps..” Family with adult children – Feb 2015
“..you should really highlight how close to the pistes you are….” Family with adult children – February 2015
“We had a lovely time in Courchevel and were sorry to have to leave. I should mention that the chalet hosts were just wonderful and really did make our stay a joy. The food was better than some of the local restaurants.” (Family Jan 2015)
“We had a lovely time so thank you. “ (Family New Year 14-15)
"..we had a fabulous week at Christmas. Perfect chalet host, yummy food and always a treat to come home to a clean home with goodies on the table!" (Families Christmas 2013/14)
“We had an excellent holiday and everyone was really impressed with the chalet and service provided by the Chalet Host” (Adult Family & Friends– NY 2013/14)
“Thanks for the chalet this year....it was fabulous…and the Chalet Hosts were superb..” (Family April 2013)
“A huge thank you for having us back. We just loved it, it is beautifully looked after and hasn't aged at all, we felt like we had come home.” (February 2013 – Family)
“I just wanted to thank you for a truly amazing stay at Escalades last week. All five of us had one of the best holidays ever with great accommodation and more snow than I've ever seen! Nothing was too much trouble for the Chalet Host...The chalet was in a perfect location for the slopes (we're already missing The Boulotte!) In fact everything was so good that we're thinking about two weeks next year…” (Family/friends – February 2013)
“Fab resort, fab chalet & lovely food – thanks Chalet ” (January 2013 – Adult guests)
“loved it! loved it! Awesome!” (January 2013 – Adult guests)
We had a great time in Courchevel!S&J were wonderful hosts...Your place there is probably the the nicest accommodation we've had in France - we are definitely up for coming back.(M&R 16-23.1.2010)
'Just a quick email to feedback what a great set up you have at Escalade III. S&J were great ambassadors for your company, nothing too much trouble and Evening meals of the highest quality. Top quality chalet/apartment combined with a great location.We had a great holiday.' Guests 26.12.09 - 2.1.10.
'My 1st week skiing ever! I couldn't have landed luckier - fab time. It won't be my last. Thank you.' Gill B and family 23.2 - 1.3.08.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Substantial walking and hiking and mountain biking for all levels and experiences in the summer season July-August. Climbing and swimming. Free transport around the main resort areas.
For Guests' Guidance: Geneva 80 miles/2-21/2 hours. Lyon Saint Exupéry 115 miles/2 1/2-3 hours. Chambéry 60 miles/1 hour. Grenoble 80 miles/2 hours. Easyjet and Flybe flights available to Geneva/Chambéry, from Birmingham, Exeter, Norwich and Southampton. Ryanair and BA from London and regionals. Transfers to resort pre-bookable. Eurostar est. 9 hours from Calais- map available. (Transport not included). Extra time may be required in high-season and holiday times as well as in snow &/or storms.
For self-drivers, Tignes and Val D'Isere are possible for a longish day trip (about 1 - 1 1/2hrs one way in good weather) along with the famous resort of Chamonix/Argentiere and the famous Mont Blanc. La Plagne with its new cable car linking to Les Arcs is nearer, about 1hr. Geneva is within a couple of hours as is Lyon with it's fabulous architecture, fine dining and retail experiences. In summer Annecy is within a couple of hours with its beautiful lake.
Heli or Plane-transfers directly in to Courchevel 1850 are possible - please contact us if you would like further details.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Rates are from £449 - £899 per guest, per week, catered, based on 6 guests - 7 nights Saturday to Saturday.
Christmas and New Year 1016/17 are Mon - Mon.
Please contact Owner for variations there may be flexibility on duration of stay or service levels, family discounts.
Insurance: Your reservation will be made on receipt of approx. 25% deposit for the total accommodation booking plus a signed booking form detailing all guests. We ask you to ensure that you have appropriate travel, medical and holiday insurance cover which also covers your deposit should you need to cancel. Payment must be made in full 8 weeks prior to arrival. Credit card payments will incur a 2.5% charge. Full terms and conditions will be provided to all guests.
Usually Saturday changeover day although there may be some flexibility e.g. around Christmas/New Year or in low season so please contact for further details.
Notes on prices:
Per person based on 6 adults, catered - pls ask for quote for S/C, children, more/less 6 guests, flexi-dates. Empty beds:not all charged. Incl:breakfast, afternoon tea (7d), tasty 3 course evening meal with wine, cheese and coffee (6d), luxury bedlinen, firewood, daily cleaning (6d), Chalet Host/Mgr services, arrival reception, luxury bathrobes/towels and towel change if you wish, wi-fi connection, CD, DVD, TV, games etc. High season please contact for quote. Not included: travel, insurance.
Enquire about Summer rates (July and August)
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- ski lift pass
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1, with bath and WC. 2 shower rooms. Separate WC.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 - 8 With Children (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1= double en-suite. 2= double or twin, shared facilities. 3= small eaved twin (end to end beds) shared facilities. 4= small eaved single/twin (single bed + pullout single) own shower.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Privately owned. En-suite or private facilities when booked by two couples. Cot and highchair on request. Stair-gate for interior staircase. Snow Club for younger children and ski school for older children 1-2 minutes walk. Choice of French or International Ski Schools. Children's tea 3+ prepared at an earlier service. Request our special rates for older children eating adult evening meal service. Excellent range of restaurants in Courchevel and a good selection of bars/bistros for apres-ski nearby. Single rooms: Two single rooms are possible for a group of six guests. One single room is possible for a group of seven guests. Outside: Slim balcony on front of property. High quality French food store with Boucherie/Charcuterie, fine wines and champagnes, fromage, vegetables, French bakery, baby products and toiletries is situated on the ground level of this chalet building. A fully stocked chemist can be found nearby along with doctors and physiotherapists. Restaurants, bars, bistros and non-resident hotel bars ranging from good to luxurious for eating out and apres-ski nearby. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Catering, Information & House-keeping service from live-out Chalet Hosts. Luxury bed linen ready and made-up on arrival day. Luxury bath and hand towels provided. Towel change if required. Chalet cleaning 6 days including self-catering guests. Other: Ski/board room with boot warmer (4 pairs). Sorry, stag groups and groups under 30yrs not usually permitted.