The best value rental & best apartment in Bosa!
Spacious, cool, top floor apartment with balconies offering stunning panoramic views thru 300 degrees. See the sun rise over Bosa old town’s medieval castle, then relax with a glass of the local Malvasia wine as the sun sets over the beach and historic river mouth harbour. Modern designer furnishings & large, well-equipped kitchen. Large bedrooms, 1 with double bed, 1 with twin beds, & spacious living room with room to sleep fifth person. Balconies (& bathroom) have great views along the coast, and of the beach. Balcony that runs around the property to west-facing living room & on to panoramic, glazed kitchen & dining room. Just a few minutes walk to Bosa’s deep, long, soft sand beach or rocks, with water-sports, bars, restaurants & ice cream cafes. The sheltered, shallow bay offers calm & warm bathing, & contributes to make Bosa a perfect destination for all ages. Bosa old town is a short ride on the shuttle ‘train’ or 25 minutes walk along the palm fringed river. Cleaning, bed linen and hand & face towels are included in the price.
Top Traveller Review
A truley relaxing holiday in a great location
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
1 holidaymaker review
A truley relaxing holiday in a great location
We had a lovely holiday in this comfortable and well equipped apartment in Bosa Marina. The location is fantastic; just a short walk from a lovely sandy beach and close to shops, restaurants and delicious gelaterias! There are beautiful views from the main bedroom and there were a number of beach toys for our children to enjoy. The beach is great - sandy and clean with beautiful clear water. Although it did get busy at times, it never felt overcrowded, even in peak season. Our children are 5 and 7 and the apartment was a perfect size for our family holiday. We found the owner to be friendly, helpful and easily contactable. The apartment has a large balcony which, although is not big enough to put a table and chairs on, it provided some outdoor space for our boys to kick a ball up and down and for us to enjoy a drink in the evenings, with wonderful views. The beds were comfortable and all the rooms were a good size. Bosa Marina itself is such a lovely spot and has everything you need there, which meant we had a really relaxing holiday without having to leave the area. We did walk to the nearby town of Bosa a few times (about 20mins walk away - there is also a small train you can get) and Bosa has more shops restaurants etc. The castle in Bosa is definitely worth a visit and we would recommend walking there through the beautiful narrow streets full of colourful houses; a really good day out for us all. You can also take a boat trip up the river, leaving form Bosa Marina itself and good value for money. We all had such a lovely holiday and would definitely go back to Bosa Marina again, and would return to the same apartment very happily. We would definitely recommend this apartment and this area for a relaxing holiday with everything you need close by. The children particularly loved the 'pirate ship' restaurant (I can't remember it's proper name but you can't miss it!) which is a short walk from the apartment and you can sit on the poop deck to eat, which the children loved. We are looking forward to returning as soon as possible.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There are many 'Agro-Turismo' projects in the hills around Bosa - and many day-trip package deals available to visit them whilst on a scenic tour. On these trips you can get to try your hand at traditional activities, cooking, local handicrafts, dancing, as well as experiencing banquets of glorious local wines and delicacies. Performances of the amazing and quite unique local traditional dancing and singing is also usually included in these trips.
Sardinia has with a diverse & unique flora & fauna. You will find many interesting species of plants, some of which are exclusive to Sardinia. You may be lucky enough to see are Mouflon, Bonelli Eagle, Flamingo – even Monk Seals. One of the few remaining nesting sites of the Griffon Vulture is nearby - these huge birds can often be seen circling above the road into Bosa.
Local cycle, boat hire, fishing & diving trips are available a minute's walk from the property, and there's free fishing from the nearby harbour wall and in the estuary.
It's just four or five minutes stroll to Bosa’s beautiful deep & long sandy beach, with its excellent bars, seafood restaurants, pizzerias and gelataria. The sheltered, shallow bay offers calm & warm bathing, and contributes to make this relaxing seaside town a perfect destination for holday makers of all ages.
Watersport equipment & tuition is also available for rental: canoes, windsurfers, dinghies & kite-surfing. Scuba training & diving excursions leave from the river harbour, a minute away.
Alghero (Fertilia) airport is under one hour's drive on a stunning coast road, or via an equally stunning drive through the inland hills. Car hire usually costs under £20 per day if booked in advance, online – check with us for our recommendations for the cheapest companies. There are also taxis and comfortable buses that serve Bosa, though you may need to change bus in Alghero town. We can provide further info on these. Cycling is popular, though the coast road may be quite busy in summer.
Bosa historic old town is a short 3km ride on the shuttle ‘train’ or 30 minutes walk along the palm fringed banks of the River Temo - takes you to the heart of medieval Bosa old town, with its traditional restaurants bars, craft shops, banks and other services.
Alghero old town, with its restuarants, bars and clubs, is under an hour’s drive away, so can be visited for a day or evening out. Boat trips through the awe inspiring 'Grotte di Neptuno' sea caves are available from there or nearby.
There are excellent restaurants, bars, cafes nearby & in Bosa old town & local shops a minute away. A large, modern supermarket, ‘Super Pan’, has recently opened in Bosa, 3km away - or there's the fish and fruit & veg markets in Bosa town, with the full range of local produce, delicacies & traditional specialities - wines, spirits, cheeses, hams, breads, cakes etc.
Both the river Temo & the sea around this coast team with fish - you can take a trip with Ricardo, local restauranteur & keen fisherman who has two boats that take holidaymakers of all abilities out to his favourite fishing spots -and he will also advise on how best to cook your catch.
There is much to see if you are interested in exploring the culture & traditional architecture of Bosa. Dominating the whole town is the impressive castle of Serravalle, built by the Malaspina family back in 1112. Within the walls of the restored castle, you can find the charming 14th century church with lovely frescoes. Another important building is the Cathedral, with its marble altars, built in 1805. On the left bank of the river Temo you will see a row of large stone tannery buildings. Restoration is beginning, and here you will find the Ponte Vecchio restaurant with its riverside tables, and a small but fascinating museum explaining the life of what was once a thriving tanning industry. Boat trips can also be taken to explore the river upstream - past a landscape of lush green gardens, fields & traditional farm houses; giving way to more rugged hills & finally a tranquil lake where the verdant river valley narrows to a gorge & spectacular cliffs.
Numerous secluded beaches, bays and viewpoints are strung like pearls along the scenic coastline to the north and south of Bosa. Even when quite remote, many of these also have a nearby restaurant or bar for refreshments and a glass of chilled Vermentino to accompany that all-important slap-up meal at the end of a long, hard day.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 31 May 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£134|
Deposit to confirm reservation - plus €150 breakage/cleaning deposit payable on booking. The deposit is refunded as per booking conditions, once the keys are returned and the property has been left in its original condition as per the Terms and Conditions.
The balance is payable 2 months before arrival, unless agreed otherwise. If less than 2 months before start of the holiday, the total sum is required on booking.
Guests are welcome from 4pm on their day of arrival. The apartment is to be vacated by 11am on the day of departure. Changeovers are usually on a Saturday, however it may be possible to make alternative arrangements. Feel free to contact us if you have any queries.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Well located bathroom with bath and wall mounted shower, bidet and all with spectacular views of the bay and distant hills.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 or 5: 1 double, 1 twin + sofa bed Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: Double bed, large wardrobe, bedside tables, rugs. Ceiling Fan. Large wardrobe, large balcony. Bedroom 2: 2 single beds (can be put together), bedside tables, rugs. Ceiling Fan. Wardrobe, own balcony. Sofa bed in living room with Ceiling Fan.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: One thing we love about staying in Bella Vista is to just chill out with a glass of wine, while admiring the beautiful views. The beach is so wide and long that there is always find some space for sunbathing and playing ball games. The sand is fine, soft and golden; the sea, calm and clear. In low season, Bosa reverts to a charming, rather sleepy and contemplative mood - of course many of the restaurants and bars and seasonal, but we have never had a problem eating out and relaxing in bars and geletaria throughout the year. Out of season, we often make the short journey to the historic centre of Bosa old town for restaurants or nightlife (a mile or so - 2-3km). Please contact owner for more photos. Outside: A superb location with extensive balconies - main bedroom with its own private balcony, second room with long balcony that passes around the outside of the apartment, connecting to the living room & kitchen. Street cafes, bars, a variety of restaurants, gelateria (ice cream parlours) and pizzeria just a few minutes walk away, and there is an internet cafe directly opposite the apartment, which is open late and is very cheap. Local cycle, boat hire, fishing & scuba diving trips are available a minute’s walk from the property, and one can fish from the nearby harbour wall and in the river estuary. A charming little station, a minute away, offers trips in a little old narrow-guage train, via a coastal scenic route, then up into the spectacular hills, past prehistoric castles, to the quaint medieval market town of Macomer. Alghero old town can be easily visited for day trips - visit the awe inspiring 'Neptune's Grotto' sea caves by foot or boat. Also fishing, diving & submarine. Utility Room: Plenty of washing lines on the balconies to dry laundry, towels & swimwear. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, beach towels, bath, hand & face towels are included in the rental. Cleaning is included, unless extraordinary. For guests staying longer than a week a change of bed linen can be arranged -please ask for a quote for this service. Other: Extensive balconies - main bedroom w. private balcony, 2nd room w. own balcony that passes around the outside of apartment, connecting to living room & kitchen. Spacious corridor & lobby w. full length mirror. Beach stuff storage space on ground floor.