Apartments in Los Gigantes, Puerto Santiago, Tenerife, Canary Islands - Peaceful location. Close to beach - 10 Minute Walk. Heated Pools & Tennis on site in 5 Star complex
Privately owned by Terry & Fliss who fell in love with this beautiful luxury air conditioned apartment with sea view. Light filled (lounge and most of master bedroom end wall are french doors and windows) 312 El Marques Palace is located in pretty gated gardens with a large heated swimming pool (& children’s pool) part of the 5 Star El Marques Palace complex. The slow-paced lifestyle and friendliness of the people in the village simply drew them in. Just two minutes walk from the shops and restaurants in this peaceful area where there’s still masses to do and see. Sun drenched Los Gigantes, in the warmer South West of the island, is highly regarded as one of the most superior and relaxing places to stay in Tenerife (TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM BUSY LAS AMERICAS!!) A five minute stroll takes you to the virtually deserted sandy beach in the horseshoe-shaped Puerto Santiago cove where you can watch your supper being unloaded from the fishing boats bobbing at anchor further out in the bay.
Details for holiday apartment 312 El Marques Palace , 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, 2 Bathrooms
A two bedroom two bathroom sunny apartment available to rent from £ 475.00 per week.
Includes weekly clean and linen change
Date flexibility so please ask!
Please contact us with your requirement by email or telephone us on 07766 312508 and 01650 521479
About the Owner
We run a successful self catering holiday business, Barlings Barn, Mid-Wales, UK, which we set up 26 years ago after buying and restoring a ruined barn and 18C farmhouse in these beautiful hills. We have applied the same principles and high standards overseas, so we hope you will feel cossetted and comfy, yet totally at home on holiday. The space and facilities we found inside the properties bowled us over and persuaded us that this was somewhere we could enjoy happy holidays ourselves and offer something very special to our guests. Many of them return time after time to our sunny apartments and escape the chilly weather. We hope you have a fabulously relaxing holiday and love the places as much as we do. Kindest regards. Terry and Felicity - owners.
Guestbook comments from the manager
'Many thanks for the wonderful 10 days we had at EMP. One of our best holidays to date. The apartment is lovely, as is the complex: safe, lovely pool and views'
' We just wanted to thank you for the use of your apartment at EMP. The apartment is lovely and we had a great time. The staff at EMP are very helpful and friendly and the whole complex is extremely clean and tidy. The weather was good and we visited some wonderful places. El Teide was well worth a visit and we hope that should we visit the island again we will actually be able to get to the top!... thank you for all your help and assistance and we hope to be able to stay at your apartment again in the future'
'Just to let you know we had a delightful week in your lovely apartment, no problems and a great time all round in Los Gigantes'
From the Owner
“We bought 312 El Marques Palace because one February I'd been suffering very badly from asthma. We booked a holiday & said just take us somewhere peaceful & warm - they dropped us into Los Gigantes & my incessant coughing stopped within two hours! Terry and I love this place. It's uncrowded & peaceful, yet there's plenty to do. There's a very relaxed safe feel to the area, the weather is wonderful year round & the people very friendly. There is a lovely 'village' community spirit. The pretty church in the plaza is very welcoming (two of our guests were married there & honeymooned in our apartment). Los Gigantes is small, so you soon get to recognise folk in the friendly shops & good restaurants, unlike the large impersonal resorts. 312 is a beautiful apartment - full of light & sunshine.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Walking holidays! This isn't something we personally provide but several of our guests have used the local company which puts these walks together. I understand that the Masca walk (an amazing area with unique world famous flora) is fabulous and you can come back to Los Gigantes by boat for a spot of dolphin and bird watching (the Los Gigantes - cliffs - are a haven for our feathered friends) and is a very pleasant trip. We can give you details of people to contact for information.
Fantastic coast walks along rugged and dramatic shoreline. Many spots to rest & gaze in wonder amazing sunsets, 'watering holes' & excellent ice cream 'oasis'. The volcanic (black sand) beach of Los Gigantes is approx 10 minutes walk away with the horsehoe shaped Puerto Santiago bay & beach slightly nearer in the other direction, overlooked by the Fisherman's Inn, fantastic food, stunning views of the sun setting romantically over the island of La Gomera. Playa La Arena beach also nearby.
Tenerife South airport (Reina Sofia) is 45 minutes drive away. Car hire from the airport is convenient and inexpensive. Taxis are plentiful and there are at least 2 companies offering a minibus service to the resort. Please just ask us. We are VERY happy to help you arrange transport. Car not necessary when staying at 312 El Marques Palace as restaurants, shops, beach are strolling distance, but we tend to hire one so that we can pop to magnificent Mount Teide 3/4 of an hour away - gorgeous!
El Marques has a sunny position overlooking the bay with a 10 minute potter down the sweeping hill to Los Gigantes harbour (for those less able on their pins it costs approximately 3 Euros by one of the excellent local taxis). Alternately, take the dramatic walk along the rugged coast which takes you into the heart of the village. Puerto Santiago is less than 5 minutes level stroll away & has lovely little shops, tapas bars & restaurants tucked away to discover and enjoy. Everything's close by.
There is an excellent local selection of restaurants, supermarkets and shops. Santander bank in Los Gigantes (English speaking staff) and several cash point machines nearby. You can draw money directly from your UK account but in Euros so very easy to get cash if needed. Most restaurants and shops will take UK credit cards unless very small. We never take travellers cheques. Good modern supermarket just 10 paces from the garden gate. Very clean and well stocked and they will deliver - free!! Central Los Gigantes boasts a traditional style plaza (where fiestas are held throughout the year) with the church at the centre. The church holds both Catholic & Anglican church services which welcome visitors (see notice board for details) and is worth a visit if only to admire the paintings and sculpture. Our sport obsessed son found Highland Paddy's Bar in Los Giganted where live English soccer games are shown plus other notable sporting events. Every evening they have entertainment which we've enjoyed on many occasions - some surprisingly good singers! So you can live it up or just chill out. Considering the tiny size of the village there really is something for everyone. Further afield, the new Aquapark and Loro Park attractions are about 40 minutes drive away - trips can be organised by coach from Reception. There are excursions available to majestic Mount Teide in the dramatic national park in the centre of the island (only 45 minutes away through beautiful pine forests) or trips to the mysterious island of La Gomera (listen out for the famous whistling language!). We visited the Pyramids at Guima (fascinating) & found out more about the guanchos who lived in the island & the 4,000 Drago Tree in pretty Puerto de La Cruz. Local buses are clean, cheap and reliable a weekly pass is available if you fancy exploring by yourselves. The almond blossom trail is beautiful. We have owned our apartment for over 10 years so please do ask for ideas - happy to help!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
20 Dec 2016 - 27 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
New Year week
28 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Discounts available for late availability. Please ask. We can accept payments by credit card or bank transfer in GBP or Euros. Credit cards accepted (Paypal). 40% deposit required on booking. Balance due 8 weeks prior to holiday - unless booking within 8 weeks of departure when full amount is required. Thank you! We are as flexible as possible with arrival and departure days, just ask and if we can accommodate your request we will.
We are as flexible as possible regarding changeover day. Generally departure is 10am, although not if we don't have guests immediately following, please enquire. If there are guests following on El Marques Palace has a luggage room & a shower available.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the hire of the apartment for six people.
Amounts for two and four people.
Bookings which include Christmas and New Year weeks charged at a premium.
Let under the Spanish Letting contract law (law 29/1994 24 Nov)
Credit card accepted (PAYPAL). We can accept payments by cheque or bank transfer in GBP or Euros. Discounts available.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Staying at 312 El Marques is so easy. Incredibly convenient for grocery shop, 10 paces from the gate - and they'll deliver. Easy walking distance to two beaches, restaurants, bars. This is a gated community with fantastic facilities; huge heated swimming pools, loads of sun loungers, tennis, bowls, all spotlessly clean. The beautifully maintained apartment is bathed in sunshine from dawn to dusk, unlike some properties down in the village who don't see the sun until late morning and don't enjoy the fabulous sunset views that we are privileged to witness daily. Olives and wine on the spacious balcony to salute the sunset are a must! Very helpful, English speaking staff at Reception will assist with anything to make your holiday just perfect. Plenty of books to read in the apartment.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- This apartment has two pretty bathrooms - each with wc, bath/shower over (good water pressure). Towels, courtesy soap/shampoo/shower gel supplied. Hairdryer. Beach towels available from reception for a returnable deposit so no need to lug from home!
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms + sofabed) cot & highchair Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with comfortable kingsize bed - elegant canopy, sea views, en-suite bathroom, direct access to your balcony. Large wardrobe, safe. Bedroom 2 with twin beds adjacent second bathroom, plenty of wardrobe space. Comfortable sofa bed in lounge.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Air conditioned & cleverly designed (you awake feeling comfortable and refreshed after a good night's sleep), the apartment is beautifully sunny but never swelteringly hot because the sun doesn't shine directly into the apartment until later in the morning. I have fair skin but love the sun. I can really enjoy lounging on our private balcony reading in the sun, listening to a CD, but under the umbrella so I don't burn or get unpleasantly hot. You will see from our photographs that the sun shines directly into the apartment in the afternoon & stays there until the last glorious golden drop plops into the sea or behind the island of La Gomera in a pink tinged blaze of glory. However, we have provided attractive sun repellent curtains if you need to siesta in full shade in the lounge. Our guests love to star-gaze from the balcony on balmy evenings! Bed linen & towels provided. Daily maid service for bins etc. with weekly full clean. Mid-week towel & linen change and sweep through. Outside: El Marques Palace has a wonderful position with the sun hitting the front of the building early in the morning. Large HEATED Swimming pool and sunbathing terrace is in the sun from early morning (8-9 a.m. depending on time of year) until just before sunset. Enough sunbeds and umbrellas at the pool surround for everyone to have plenty of space - it is NEVER crowded. Pool bar (where barbecues are held and snacks and drinks available during the day). Very pretty gated gardens full of hibiscus and bourganvilla. The apartment has a very spacious and sunny private balcony (which overlooks the pools & has sea views) with sun loungers, parasol, dining table & chairs, if you are just too relaxed to go anywhere at all! Breakfast, lunch, pre-dinner drinks, after dark, lovely spot! Gorgeous secluded rooftop solarium with amazing views of sea, island of La Gomera and Los Gigantes (the cliffs). This is a perfect spot for serious sun worshippers as it is bathed in sunlight all day long. Utility Room: Washing machine. Efficient drying rack on sunny balcony - washing dries fast so no need for tumble dryer. Very helpful if you are there with your children and much more eco friendly! Also means you don't return with case full of dirty clothes! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Comfy beds made up for you on arrival. Bath and hand towels inc. Swimming towels for small deposit at reception. Maids very helpful and efficient. The entire complex cleaned to a very high standard. Maids empty kitchen bin daily then leave you in peace. Other: When you enter the apartment your first impression is of how light & large it is, the hall segues into the lounge dining room with full wall-width patio doors & good size kitchen. We have stayed in other holiday apartments which were nothing like ours.