Apartment in Kalamar Bay, Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - On Small, Select Complex
Windchime sleeps 4/6 people and is ideal for couples and families. Transfer to and from Dalaman airport can be arranged. A 15 minute stroll; or 5 minute taxi ride brings you into Kalkan. Without doubt, the prettiest of the small resorts along the Lycian Coast. Built down the side of a deep valley, it’s narrow, bougainvillea draped streets tumble into an attractive harbour. Every street has a wonderful array of upmarket shops and boutiques, while the many roof terrace restaurants provide the perfect end to another perfect day.
About the Owner
We are Robert and Kerry Phillips, and we live in Northwood, Middlesex, with our two teenage sons George and Jake. Robert is a Golf Course Manager and Kerry works for the NHS.
We first visited Kalkan in the Summer of 2004, and actually saw the Saneil Complex being built. It wasn't until three years later, however, that on re - visiting, we took the plunge and bought our beautiful apartment. I can honestly say it is one of the best decisions we ever made. We love Kalkan, the surrounding area and the peope. We have made so many friends, and consider Kalkan to be our second home. We hope you can share the majic too!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Fabulous apartment, lovely pool complex, helpful site manager, friendly guests, amazing views, and yes it's been hot, hot, hot!! Kalkan has stolen our hearts - we'll be back.
The Staker Family, Tilehurst, Reading
Third time in this great apartment and we're still feeling lucky. Thanks a million Rob and Kerry, we've had yet another amazing time.
Gill Waters, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Our second year at Windchime and another fabulous holiday. Great weather, great apartment, great pool,great company. Thanks Rob and Kerry.
Andy and Alison Tyler, Deepcut, Surrey
We have had a lovely time in Kalkan. Thank you so much Kerry and Robert for letting us stay in your lovely apartment. We will be back.
The Dore Family, Rye, East Sussex
Activity and Interests
Kalkan has its own small pebble beach, providing very safe bathing for children. The nearest sandy beaches are Kaputas Beach 6km away. Patara Beach 18km away. There are 5 beach clubs in Kalkan, all offering free taxi / boat service to and fro.
Nearest airport is Dalaman. Approx transfer time to Kalkan is 1 hour 30 minutes. Airport transfers and car hire can be arranged, please ask for details.
The apartment is a 15 minstroll away from Kalkan village centre. The next nearest town is Kas, approx 30km away. Hire a car or take advantage of the excellent local taxi service to visit the stunning sandy beaches at Patara (18km) or Kaputas (6km). Further afield, around an hours drive, are the world famous lagoon beach at Olu Deniz and the lovely harbour town of Fethiye
The idyllic, almost magical fishing village of Kalkan nestles snugly beneath the Tauros Mountains and remains unspoilt by mass tourism. Kalkan continues to be a resort which attracts the more discerning holiday maker. Browse the many boutique style shops, offering the best in jewellery, leather goods and arts and crafts. Eat in one of the many roof terrace restaurants and take in the stunning scenery while being served in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Kalkan is a delight. Enjoy a day at one of the beach clubs or maybe take a boat trip and explore one of the many beautiful emerald coves along the coastline. Market day is Thursday, haggling compulsory. The Ancient Lycian Coast holds many treats for historians, among them Letoon and Xanthos. But if it’s cool and shade you are after, then maybe Saklikent Gorge is the place for you.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% deposit required to secure booking, balance due 8 weeks prior to departure. Full payment required if booking is within 8 weeks prior to departure. Please ask for Full Terms and Conditions. Please enquire for group bookings, our partnership with Apartment Leb I Deyra above us means we may be able to accomodate you.
Changeover day is usually Monday, but we will endeavour to be as flexible as possible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Deposit of 25% to confirm booking. Balance due 8 weeks prior to departure.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to master bedroom with shower, basin and WC. Second bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with queen - size pine bed, fitted wardrobes, hairdryer and en-suite bathroom with shower. Second bedroom with twin pine beds, extra fold away bed, fitted wardrobes, dressing table and hairdryer. Air conditioning and ceiling fans.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: With antique ceramic floor tiles, air conditioning and mosquito screens throughout. Windchime is ideal for couples and families. Outside: Double patio doors to a large balcony overlooking pool and Kalkan and Kalamar Bays. Marble topped wrought iron table with matching chairs. The complex is surrounded by landscaped gardens with a stunning free form, shared swimming pool. Sun loungers and umbrellas are provided. All Windchime guests are welcome to use the facilities at the nearby Asfiya Hotel and Yali Beach Club free of charge. Utility Room: Rear patio with large shaded, private area with extra pine storage cupboards housing washing machine, iron, ironing board and clothes horse. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Daily maid sevice. Bed linen and towels changed twice weekly. 24 hour security. Other: Large balcony with plenty of shade. Matching table and chairs overlooking both Kalkan and Kalamar Bays.