Villa in Erquy, Nr. Dinan, Brittany - Enclosed Private Yard, 5 Minutes Walk to Beach, Harbor and Downtown Shopping Area
The house is located in the fishing port and marina of Erquy 5 min walk to the central beach, the harbour and 10 mins to the downtown shopping area. Erquy is famous for its 7 golden sand beaches, its Cape, scallops, delicious fish and crab fishing, weekly markets where a galette saucisse with a glass of muscadet will leave you wanting a second one, numerous bars and restaurants overlooking the harbour, historical Gallo-Roman camp remains, a canon ball oven dating back to Vauban's defence line against the British galleons. Located in a cul-de-sac, quiet, with a barbecue and private garden and walking distance to creperies, bars and pizzeria. An equipped kitchen and sunny rooms, large living area, child-friendly, and views of the sea from bedrooms. Indoor games for rainy days... visit the village that is the basis for Asterix and Obelix! Foosball, dvd player, board games, balls, books in English and French for adults and children+ baby bed.
About the Owner
About The Owner
A native of Erquy, I love this little fishing village that I still call home, regardless of where in the world I am. My wife who is from Mumbai fell more in love with me when she came to Erquy and met the people. Sunshine is always to be found, in the smiles of people, the warmth of the crepes and the seafood, still fragrant from the sea... come see Erquy, enjoy the hospitality and happy memories...
Activity and Interests
Erquy has seven beaches. The main beach is 5 min walking distance. All other beaches are 5 to 10 min drive from the house. Les Sables D'Or are a 15 minute drive, as is the Cape Frehel. Caroual beach is a 15 minute walk. the relatively ‘wild’ beaches of Portuais and Lourtuais are walking distance or a 5 minute drive.
The nearest airports are St Brieuc and Dinard. Dinard is a 45 minute drive from Erquy and is being used quite extensively by our British neighbours since RyanAir has daily flights to and from London. Ferries to and from the UK also come to Dinard/St Malo. The nearest train stations are Lamballe (20km), St Brieuc (35km), St Malo (45km). TGVs from Paris are quite frequent to Lamballe or St Brieuc. Local taxi service available.
Once done with Erquy (which may take up all your vacation), you can visit Cape Frehel 10km away, Fort Lalatte (Medieval, 100 year war fort), which is a mere 12 kms from the house. Dinan (Medieval town) 40km, Lamballe (Medieval City famous for its princess who lost her head at the revolution and its horse breeding centre). All the Emerald Coast beaches are just a hop away. An hour away, walk through the Arthurian forest of Broceliande, near Rennes.
Summers in Erquy mean local fairs, fest Noz (evening fetes), where Celtic music can be enjoyed in cafes and by the port. The festival of the wooden sailing ship the Ste Jeanne takes place in August by the port. The main shopping area is 10-12 mins on foot and a few minutes by car. Local specialities such as buckwheat crepes wrapped around sausage can be had at the weekend marche. Excellent seafood restaurants, pizzeria, creperies and cafes. Children's play area on the central beach. The sailing school offers great courses and there are daytime camps for children on various beaches. The Baradoz is a friendly bar with a covered terrace facing the harbour. Excellent crepes at Le Chalut. Erquy is the basis for the Asterix and Obelix comics, so you can see some of the sights mentioned on your trails around the Cape Frehel. Riding camps (thanks to Lamballe being a breeding ground of renown) are easily accessible. Visit the museum of Breton painter Mathurin Meheut at Lamballe to see Brittany as it was in bygone years. Local potters, sculptors and artists can be seen at the weekend marche. Local banks include Credit Mutuel de Bretagne, Societe Generale. There is the maze, Malido, not far, which is a fun afternoon for everyone. For serious hikers, you can enjoy the scenery as you walk from Erquy to the Fort Lalatte. Fine dining at l'Escurial by the main beach, worth making reservations for. Very good seafood at La Marmite, crepes and wine at le Bistro du Centre and seafood again at le Vivier.
- Booking Notes:
House available all year around, by the week. £50 discount for 2 week renters. 25% down at booking rest 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. A safety deposit of 400GBP or 600 Euros for damages returned upon key return.
Cancellation policy: upto 8 weeks no charge, full refund
4-8 weeks: 50% refunded
2-4 weeks: 25% refunded
Less than 2 weeks: No refund
The preferred change over day is Saturday. Departure before 10:00am and arrival after 4:00pm.
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs bathroom with tub/shower, WC, bidet and sink. Downstairs bathroom with shower, WC and sink. Plenty of space for toilet kits, towels etc.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with twin beds. Bedroom 5 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Private garden, away from the road makes the house child-friendly. Fans available and each room has an individual electric heater. New beds, brand new kitchen and appliances. Outside: 100m2 enclosed back garden with outside table and chairs, sun umbrella, barbecue. Completely private, the house is in a cul-de-sac, ensuring safety and quiet. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen/towels not included - special arrangements possible for linens for 2 week rental only. Washing machine and drying line available. Other: Bedrooms have inbuilt or stand alone cupboards. Bedrooms are sunny and quiet, some with a view of the sea. Books for all ages and tastes. Back garden is quiet, with very high box hedge, two barbecues, garden table, chairs and games.