Cottage in Grandcourt, Seine Maritime, Normandy, France - Normandy Style Property in Small Village 20 Minutes from Dieppe and the Beach
A character colombarge property carefully renovated and situated on the edge of the beautiful Forest d'Eu. Ideally suited to families with children of all ages. The garden in enclosed and private which makes it an ideal place to relax and unwind. The perfect retreat all year round whether you come in the summer and enjoy the local beaches and outdoor life or in the winter sitting round our log fire and enjoying local walks in the forest.
Top Traveller Review
Great family holiday house
About the Owner
We are a family of four with two energetic boys aged 14 and 16 years. Our house in France has been set up to make it home from home for us and any of our rentals. We believe that a good holiday needs home comforts. It is also important that we provide a safe environment for our children which in turn is ideal for other families.
We chose a cottage in Normandy rather than the South of France for its beauty and peacefulness. We also wanted to not worry about planes and car hire. We don't rent out all year as we very much enjoy going to France ourselves. For us Grandcourt provides the total release from our busy life in SW London. The hub of the house is definitely the kitchen with its lovely long table. Great for lazy meals with friends and family.
Guestbook comments from the manager
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Great family holiday house
We spent a lovely week in Grandcourt, the house is perfect and has everything you could want. The garden is enclosed and great for children. We spent a couple of days at the beaches which are only about 30 minutes away. Thanks for a great holiday.
The Grandcourt property is situated in a small village in rural France about 25 minutes away from the coast. We had a great time unwinding and visiting the coast as well as the city of Rouen.
The property is excellent, especially if you have children as there is a large garden and the house seems built for socialising with the large kitchen which opens up onto the patio.
Because you are in rural France away from light pollution you are also treated to an outstanding light show at night as the Milky Way is clearly visible with the naked eye from the back garden, best viewed on a moonless night of course.
There is not an awful lot in Grandcourt itself, but there is an amazing bakery and butchers (for the BBQ) in the neighbouring village which is 5 minutes away in the car.
A peaceful, homely place to stay, with lots of activities and toys for children to play with, in lovely private garden area. Property had all that you needed and more! It was a lovely relaxing base with lots of plaves to visit of interest. Hope to go back soon!
From the Owner
“We were originally looking to buy in Picardy but every time we arrived to view a house it was already sold! We then registered with an agent who provided property searches and he suggested with looked over the Picardy border into Normandy. Once we visited the area we were completely sold on the countryside. We found the people very friendly and the cost line beautiful. There was no turning back for us then and view two properties in the village of Grandcourt but fell in love with the charm of number 18. With two young children the journey was ideal for us as well - only 1.5 hours from Calais. The next stage was to start on a long renovation program as the property was very basic and had only two bedrooms and no upstairs. We have now been renting our house out for many years, many of which are through friends of friends.”
Activity and Interests
The beautiful beaches stretching along the coast are pebble, but if you get there at low tide there is always a huge expanse of sand for the children to play and paddle. The beaches ideal for this are Mers Le Bain and Criel Sur Mer. Travel a little further away to Le Crotoy or Berck for sandy beaches. Dieppe (only 20 minutes away) has a lovely promenade and is kept very clean. Head south of Dieppe towards Veules Les Roses - a quaint little beach with lovely charm and restaurants.
We are 20 minutes from Dieppe port (Newhaven to Dieppe ferries take about 4 hours). The port of Calais is about 1.5 hours away and Boulogne is about 1.25 hours away. Charles de Gaulle Airport is about 3 hours away, but you would really need to hire a car. There is no public transport in the village.
Within in the village there is a corner shop which sells everything except fresh meat and a small bar 5 minutes walk from us. We are perfectly situated for the famous battle grounds of the Somme and the cities, Amien and Rouen (45 minutes). Asterix and Paris Disney are 2.5 hours away. The towns of Le Treport, Medieval Eu and Dieppe are 30 minutes away with bustling weekly markets and great restaurants.
The nearest supermarkets are in Blangy (20 minutes away) and Londiniere (20 minutes away). There is a large Auchan at Mers le Bain (30 minutes away) and Dieppe. We have some great restaurants from 20 minutes away. Please ask for further information. A full pack is kept in the cottage giving details of local attractions and restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£350|
A booking fee of £250 is required with the remainder payable six weeks before the arrival date. £350 deposit is also required at this time and will be returned as soon as your holiday is finished by post providing there is no damage or breakages and the house is left clean and tidy.
Changeover day is normally Saturday. Departure is at 10am and arrival from 4pm. There can be flexibility on this day but there may be an additional charge in peak season. Weekends available out of peak season.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“For us the cottage is ideal as it is safe for our children to play without escaping onto the roads.The village is very friendly and always makes us welcome when we visit. Having a corner shop means that you can always walk into the village if you have forgotten something in the supermarket. You have the best of both worlds with quick access to cities and large towns but also the beautiful coast line. Or if you would rather just chill and hide away your can park you car in the drive and shut the gates feeling like you have your own little piece of the world all to yourself. We have now added WIFI to our house to make it just that little bit easier to keep in touch with the outside world - but only it you want to!!”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, small and compact on the first floor.
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Downstairs bathroom with seperate WC
- On the ground floor there is a separate WC and bathroom. On the first floor there is a bathroom with WC and a hand held shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Child Bed, Very large sunny room.
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot, 1 Sofa bed/Futon, This room is in the eves so ideal for children.
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, Downstairs and faces the garden. Bright and cheery.
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, Tucked away down stairs next to a WC and bathroom.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - The master chambre with a double bed, one single bed and small childs bed. Bright and cheerful. Bedroom 2 - Les enfants chambre with two single beds and cot. Low ceiling at in the eves upstairs. Bedroom 3 - Le jardin chambre with one double bed and one single bed and faces onto the garden. It is located off the sitting room downstairs. Bedroom 4-The brass chambre with one double bed tucked away downstairs next to a bathroom.
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- 4 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: The cottage has electric heating and is ideal for families. We can provide equipment for small children. We have now installed wifi. Outside: The rear garden has a delightful patio with parasol, chairs and table. There is also a rustic barbecue (charcoal not provided). At the front of the house there is a little outdoor snug with table and chairs. Great for morning breakfast or sitting relaxing in the evening. There are 2 adult bikes and 2 children's bikes available (no helmets) and outdoor play equipment for children and adults. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are available at additional cost of £25 per bedroom. Beach towels are not provided Other: The master bedroom has a TV and DVD player, but does not have terrestrial TV. A hair dryer is also provided.