Cottage near Dinan, Brittany, Quiet Location.
In a hamlet 1.5 km from the village of Corseul with fabulous views of the surrounding countryside. Lovely stone cottage - about 350 years old, with lots of character. Very comfortable accommodation for 6, within 20 minutes of the coast and Brittany's numerous attractions. Well equipped and ideal for families with children, keen golfers or anyone wanting to explore this lovely part of France. Enjoy !
Top Traveller Review
A home from home
About the Owner
Married with three children who were 2,3 and 5 when we bought the cottage. We live in the midlands and all like to spend time in France.
Guestbook comments from the owner
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
A home from home
This lovely cottage is very much a home from home, we feel so comfortable here. We have everything we need (apart from wifi, which we are fine with but our teenagers are less so). The cottage location is so peaceful but we are within 30 minutes drive of towns and the coast. We would definitely recommend staying here.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the cottage at first sight - and signed the Compromis de Vente (to buy it) on the same day ! We have loved it there ever since and especially love being in lovely countryside and yet only 15 minutes from Dinan (a number of vilages are closer) and less than 30 minutes from the coast..... The area offers something at any time of year. Although Dinan and this part of Brittany does attract its share of visitors, there is loads to do at any time of year, and the local towns / villages are communities which are not dependant on tourists and so the local markets etc. function all year. When the children were younger the ease of access from St Malo and Caen made it a very easy trip over ( not too many 'are we nearly there yet's).”
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach 20 minutes drive away. Many lovely beaches within 30-40 minutes. Most local beaches especially good for exploring rock pools. Lots of lovely coastal walks - eg near Dinard and St Malo
St Malo is about 45 minutes away. Caen an easy 2 hour drive. Cherbourg 2 1/2 hours. Dinard airport 30 minutes away.
Nearest village - Corseul - 1.5 km, Dinan 15 minutes in the car. Too many places of interest to list here - but include river walks, chateau, a zoo, beaches, many historic towns and villages, boat trips, ruined forts, open air swimming pools (at Le Hon), horse riding, fishing.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£75|
Rental periods are from Saturday to Saturday. We ask for a deposit of 25% at time of booking, with the balance 8 weeks before departure.
Changeover day is Saturday. Arrival after 3pm and departure by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
5% discount when two consecutive weeks are booked.
Discounts for longer lets in the off - season.
Payment by cheque or bank transfer. 25% deposit on reservation, balance plus a refundable security deposit not later than 8 weeks before holiday commences.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The peace and quiet is wonderful; it is ABSOLUTELY dark at night - fab for looking at the stars and for sleeping; there are good local markets, supermarkets and restaurants close by. The cottage is genuinely old with exposed beams etc. and really charming - we feel better just for being there.”
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Games ...
- Television ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Spacious shower room with wc on ground floor, large cloakroom on first floor with washbasin and wc (tumble dryer is also situated here).
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, Childs travel cot provided
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedrooms 2 and 3 with twin beds. Pillows and duvets provided. All very pretty rooms with exposed beams.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: Wood burning stove for use in cooler months. Oil filled radiators throughout. Child stairgate provided - also new Graco travel cot and new High Chair, with 5 point harness, suitable for children up to 15kg. Local environment quiet and safe for children. Outside: Lovely safe, level garden to the rear, of about 1/4 acre. Fabulous views. Patio with bench table. BBQ and additional garden furniture in the shed. Small sand pit, paddling pool in shed, also bikes suitable for young children. Small table and chairs to front of property (so you can sit in the sun all day). Utility Room: Washing machine, ironing board, iron etc. Storage for spare light bulbs, washing powder and cleaning equipment - hoover, broom etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property is cleaned immediately before guests arrive. Linen and towels not provided. Other: Dining hall with good sized table and chairs for 6.