Farmhouse in Xaghra, Gozo, Malta - Family Friendly Farmhouse in a Peaceful Location, 5 mins walk to the village centre
Dar Rahal is a self-catering holiday home, a little piece of paradise– quiet, secluded, family friendly and walking distance to the centre of Xaghra and all it has to offer - restaurants, shops, historic locations, village square, etc. Our 400 year-old farmhouse has been sympathetically converted into a comfortable holiday home retaining many of the original features whilst allowing for easy living. You can spend your days lounging by the roof top pool and on the sun terrace, or venture to the many beautiful beaches that Gozo has to offer. In the evenings, you can cook or BBQ at the farmhouse, or head out to savour the tastes, sights and sounds of Gozo.
About the Owner
My husband and I are ex-pats living in New Zealand with our twin 9 year old daughters and 6 year old, no longer baby, daughter! We're on a second stay in New Zealand - we were here for 5 years without kids and have returned with our children so they can experience some southern hemisphere living.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We did have a wonderful time on Gozo. The farmhouse was perfectly set up for children.
Traci B Nov’14
Everything at the farmhouse was great for us and my parents loved it too, really well equipped.
Melissa B Aug ‘14
The farmhouse is amazing, we loved it and it was great having the rooftop pool. We spent all of our time outside but imagine that in cooler weather the indoor living area would be just as lovely to relax in.
It was good to have the welcome pack and all the little extras that we would have in our own home.
Richard O Jul’14
From the Owner
“My husband is Maltese and our farmhouse was previously owned by his parents. We bought it from them in 1998 as my husband's little piece of his homeland! The tranquility of Gozo in comparison to mainland Malta was one of the major selling points for us in buying here rather than on the mainland.”
Activity and Interests
7 minutes drive from Ramla Bay, the sandiest, longest beach on Gozo. There are a number of beach bars at Ramla Bay plus you can hire sun beds and sun shades on the beach.
Marsalforn is 5 minutes drive away and this has some exciting swimming and snorkelling off the rocks.
To get to Gozo is a drive and a ferry ride from the airport, allow at least 1.5 hours for this.
We recommend hiring a car to be able to get to Gozo and then take in the sights of the island however we've had good feedback from recent guests who've tried airport taxi transfers and taking buses as a means of getting around so this is an option which should not be discounted if you don't fancy driving.
The farmhouse is 5 minutes walk from the centre of Xaghra and all its amenities. Also in Xaghra are a number of historical sites in Xaghra including the Ggantija Temples (a neolithic temple older than Stonehenge). Victoria (Rabat), the capital of Gozo with its walled citadel is 10 minutes drive away. The fishing village of Marsalforn with its famous salt pans is 5 mins drive down the hill.
Xaghra is one of Gozo's larger villages and is well supplied with restaurants, bars, supermarkets and bakeries. There is also a bank where you can change money and it now also boasts a cashpoint. The nearest ATMs after this are in Marsalforn or Victoria.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Mid season '16
10 Sep 2016 - 4 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We have a minimum booking period of 4 nights during low season and 7 nights during mid and high season.
We do not have a designated changeover day or check-in/out timings and will try to be accommodating of your timings around our other bookings.
Notes on prices:
Our rates include provision of a welcome pack on arrival of some basic food supplies including bread, milk, water, wine, tea and coffee. Our pricing is based on up to 6 people however we also offer rates for couples and up to 4 people. Please contact us directly for these. We offer discounts for long rentals, please contact us directly. We do not take credit cards but can accept payment direct to our UK or Maltese bank accounts (for Euro payments) or via cheque.
We take a 25% deposit to secure your booking with the balance payable 1 month before the start of the holiday, we send a reminder for this.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Situated on the outskirts of Xaghra, one of the larger villages of Gozo, we love the fact that we have restaurants and shops a short walk from the farmhouse and yet the setting of the farmhouse is so quiet and peaceful. As parents of twins, our farmhouse is well stocked with all you would need for a family holiday especially for those with small children including a gated roof top pool. Depending on holiday mood we have either used the farmhouse as a base from which to explore the island from or simply stayed in and around the pool for our whole holiday.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- near the sea
- bird watching
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- En suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath/shower over, wc. En suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with shower and wc. En suite shower room to bedroom 3 with shower and wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed plus 2 travel cots. Bedroom 2 with twin beds plus 2 fold-away beds. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Double sofabed also available in the lounge.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: As parents of twins our farmhouse has a wealth of baby/toddler equipment including a travel cot, change mat, 2 highchairs, a play pen, buggy, toys and toddler crockery and cutlery. We have railings around our rooftop pool, a gate on the steps up to the pool and gates at each end of the staircases for extra safety. If needed we have a blender which can also be made available. Outside: Our farmhouse is built around a central courtyard which provides a secluded area for eating and relaxing. This, and the rooftop sun terrace, are equipped with outdoor furniture and parasols plus we have a large and a smaller barbecue which can be used in any of the outdoor areas. There is an unheated rooftop pool (5 x 3m) with a bench seat running along 1 side which is perfect for cooling off or just sitting in to read. Off the back of the lounge is another small, sun terrace which is particularly nice for enjoying the morning sun. Utility Room: Washing machine in downstairs shower room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is cleaned weekly with towels and linen being changed on a weekly basis too. Bathroom and beach/pool towels are provided. Other: Whilst we do not have air conditioning there are fans for each bed, and each side of the bed in the master room, as well as fans in the kitchen and lounge/dining room. For the cooler months we have gas heaters for each of the bedrooms and the living area.