Villa in San Terenziano, Nr. Todi / Deruta / Assisi, Umbria - Approx 2 hours from Rome, Florence, Siena
The villa sits on approximately two acres of land with over 50 olive trees, various fruit trees, and spice gardens. The property is laid out in three levels; villa, pool, olive grove/fruit orchard. The views include several small hill towns, rural farm land, hills in Umbria and Tuscany, and night views of many small towns, plus Perugia to the north. The town in which it is located has a small walled village, many shops for daily needs, a variety of restaurants, a weekly market, and many places to run and hike. In the next small village is a very well equipped fitness center. Within 10-15 km are several wineries and olive oil presses. Perugia and Assisi are 30 minutes away; Deruta with world famous hand-painted pottery is 15 minutes; Orvieto is 40 minutes; Todi and Montefalco are 15 minutes; Rome, Florence and Siena are about 1.5-2 hours. Our housebook describes many half and full day excursions.
About the Owner
We are originally from Washington State, but have been international educators for over 30 years. They have lived in Berlin, Athens, Melbourne, Manila, New Delhi, Osaka, Amsterdam, Jakarta and Rabat. Throughout our travels, we have spent considerable time in Italy, and have developed a love for the country, particularly the small towns out in the countryside. As our relationship with Italy grew, so did our desire to find a place to call "home" after all our years of educating around the globe.
From the Owner
“As noted above, we grew to love Italy and enjoy the life in the countryside while having access to the cultural riches of Rome, Florence, Siena and Assisi. We looked for several years for something that "sang" to us, and finally found that place in a small hill town called San Terenziano. When we drove up to il Mulino, still under renovation, we knew immediately that we had found our home. We visit as often as possible and look forward to retiring there. Given it's location and beauty, we find that our relatives are more than willing to come to us!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There is a growing wine trade in the area. We have seen the opening of several small, family wineries, as well as some larger, more commercial establishments. All welcome visitors, and the local wine is excellent and affordable. The hand-painted pottery in Deruta is world known. Assisi offers a picturesque venue for painters, as does the general countryside.
It is about a two hour drive to beaches near Rome.
Fiumicino airport is 1.5-2 hours drive. Florence airport is a little over 2 hours. Perugia airport is 35 minutes away by car. It is necessary to have a car to reach the property and to enjoy what the surroundings have to offer.
Our village of San Terenziano is an easy 5 minute walk. There are several other small towns nearby which can be reached in approximately 30 mintues on foot. As mentioned elsewhere, there are many other destinations within half an hour by car (Todi, Deruta, Perugia, Assisi, Montefalco), or two hours by car (Rome, Florence, Siena). The property is very well situated.
Once at the village, it is possible to do everything on foot. Excursions typically require a car as noted in "distances" and "travel" sections of this site.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 4 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of a Euro 500 deposit. This deposit is applied against the rental costs. Upon arrival, a Euro 500 damage deposit is colected. This is returned at the end of the rental minus any damages or extra costs as arranged with the owner. Full payment is required six weeks prior to the commencement of the rental. Refunds of deposits or full payments in case of cancellations are granted if the property can be rented to another rentor.
Rentals are from Saturday afternoon (4 pm) to Saturday morning (10 am).
Saturday to Saturday rentals, except by arrangement with owners.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week (Saturday 16:00 to Saturday 10:00) in Euros.
Longer rentals (one month or longer) may be negotiated with the owner.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house sits on a top of a hill at the edge of the village, and everything is accessible by walking. Rome, Florence and Siena are day trips, and Assisi, Montefalco, Todi and Orvieto are easy half day outings. At the same time, we can enjoy the peace and pace of the village. The area is largely agricultural and the sweeping views are ever changing because of it. Quite simply, it is "home", and our circle of Italian and international friends in the area continues to expand.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite bathroom has tub/shower combination, wc, bidet. Bathroom with shower, wc, bidet. WC on ground floor with sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with queen size bed; ensuite bathroom; exit to terrace. Bedroom 2 with queen size bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Pull out queen size sofa in one of the living rooms.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house and property have many stairs. It is best suited for older (age 6 up) children and adults without ambulatory difficulties. The central heating is on during winter months. In summer, there is a fairly constant breeze being on the top of a hill, and fans are included in every bedroom. Outside: The rental residence has a private dining terrace, private garden spaces, and a covered balcony with a view. The site is sometimes shared with the owners, most typically during the first part of July, occasionally in late March or early April. The owners are laid-back, well-travelled and enjoy serving as resources for day trips, outings, etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house is cleaned once a week. Linens and towels are provided. Additional cleaning services may be arranged at cost to the renter.