Villa Kerig Callao Salavje, Tenerife, Canary Islands - Peaceful Location, 5 Minutes Stroll From The Beach, Local Restaurants And Shops
Located in Callao Salvaje; said to be the sunniest coast of the island. The villa sits in its own grounds with private sun terrace with BBQ area and private swimming pool giving Guests total privacy should they desire it. In addition to having its own private pool, Villa Kerig is located just a 5 minute stroll away from the new beach and children’s play area. There are many local restaurants and shops within easy walking distance of the villa, including 2 supermarkets and a French bakery. Villa Kerig has a very well equipped kitchen for those nights when you may want to dine in, and enough picnic ware for all those summer BBQs that can be enjoyed around the pool terrace where this is ample seating for upto 10 people. Internet is available within Villa Kerig for a small fee payable via Paypal to the local provider upon log-on. Private transportation both from and to the airport can be pre-arrange for guests for the equivalent price of a taxi fare.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We live in Worcestershire and have 2 grown up sons and 2 grandchildren.
Guestbook comments from the owner
The villa is excellently equipped and excellently furnished. Close to local shops and restaurants! We had an excellent holiday and would definately return again -Mr & Mrs N
This is a nicely-furnished villa that has everyting you need, in a quiet, and convenient location - and beautiful views of the mountains. The pool was delightful, and the outside area has a secluded feel. Mr & Mrs M
We had a lovely holiday, and Villa Kerig was a great base for our stay on Tenerife. The location was ideal, with the local shops and restaurants just a short walk away and within easy reach of the villa. Mr & Mrs P
Villa Kerig was excellently fitted out and very clean. Callao Salvaje itself is only a short stroll away and although small it has plenty of places to eat and drink with 5 supermarkets. We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend Villa Kerig. Mr & Mrs D
5 based on 8 holidaymaker reviews
Spent 2 weeks staying at Villa Kerig and would recommend this Villa to anyone. Lovely location It was more than we expected we always stay in a Villa but must say this was the best one yet There was a mix up with our departure time & the owners Sue & Mike arranged for us to be collected & taken to their own home in Tenerife, they treated us to a lovely meal, they are such a lovely couple, nothing was to much trouble for them. We wish them good luck in their new life in Tenerife. Thank you wouldn't be enough they went that extra mile for us and it was really appreciated.
This was our first time in Tenerife and we could not have picked a better place to stay. We have just arrived home after spending a very relaxing holiday in Villa Kerig. The villa was very clean, spacious and well appointed. The pool was great for cooling off in especially as it was so hot, and the gazebo was a perfect place to sit and read out of the sun. Just a five minute walk takes you into the village which has supermarkets, bars and restaurants. The village itself was quiet, just how we like it. Mike and Sue were very easy to communicate with during the booking and the lead up to the holiday. Their information booklet for the villa was the best we have had.
Would definately recommend to family and friends.
Lovely Villa, Great Location
This is a lovely villa in a great location. The shops and restaurants are only a few minutes walk away. The resort itself is big enough to have a range of shops and restaurants, but is quiet with no high rise developments or late night clubs etc. The information and communication from Sue and Mike before we left were first class. Highly recommended.
A sunny haven
We have just returned from our third "Annual January Escape" to Callao Salvaje, our favourite resort in Tenerife. The town is, for us, a perfect size - big enough to boast a wide selection of shops, restaurants and bars (all just a few minutes walk away), but small enough to feel much less commercialised than the bigger, better known towns. The French boulangerie and boucherie are quite outstanding and the newly landscaped beach is delightful.
This was our first visit to Villa Kerig but it will certainly not be the last. The villa is exactly as described : spotless, comfortably furnished, extremely well-equipped and with an immaculate, heated pool with which to enjoy the warm, sunny days. The information provided before and during our stay was comprehensive and we experienced no hiccups of any description.
This year we even managed to obtain a permit to climb to the peak of Mount Teide - probably the highlight of our week and we'll-worth doing.
We are already looking forward to next year!
We have visited Tenerife many times and this was our first time in Callao Salvaje The villa was everything we expected and more. The villa was spacious and private with plenty to keep the family entertained. The pool was excellent with an out door entertaining area where we enjoyed using the barbeque. A short stroll to the village with good restaurants and bars that catered for all tastes. A big thank you to Mike and Sue for all their help to ensure we had a great holiday
A perfect Holiday
This is our third visit to Villa Kerig. We have actually never been to the same place more than twice, so it shows how much we like it. Everything is clean and tidy. All the equipment you need is there and it is definitely a private pool- not overlooked by anyone.
Walk out the gate and down the steps/walkway and you are in the town. There is a French Quarter for all your Artisan breads, restaurants and bars for all the family plus you can drink and eat overlooking the beach. A great holiday each time and easy to get to. We will be back again next year- looking forward to it!
From the Owner
“We first visited Tenerife in 1994 and fell in love with the island. So much so that we decided to buy a villa on the island with a view to retiring to the island. We love the peace and quite of where Villa Kerig is located and the fact that we are only 15 minutes from Las Americas or Los Cristianos should we want to go there. Another big factor in buying Villa Kerig was that it is only 2 minutes stroll from shops and eating places, also the wonderful little cove just 2 minutes stroll away.”
Activity and Interests
Callao Salvaje has a small natural cove with a manmade beach which is 400 yards from the villa. A larger man made beach is only 10 mins drive by car to the Fanabe area of del Duque.
The nearest airport is Reina Sofia (Tenerife South) which is about a 25 minute drive from Callao Salvajie. Plenty of taxis are available at the airport and the transfer cost is appox 40 euros each way.
Callao Salvaje is well situated for visiting towns and villages around the south of Tenerife. Adeje town itself. Costa Adeje including Fanabe, Playa de Las Americas and La Caleta are only 10 mins drive away. So too is Los Cristianos. In the other direction there is Playa San Juan and Los Gigantes.
Callao Salvaje is purported to have the best weather on the island. Facing the island of La Gomera it gives a wonderful view of the sunset. There are three banks in the village and some very good restaurants on the ocean front. Also a good number of bars and supermarkets both opening until late and on Sundays. Activities which can be obtained locally are tennis, scuba diving, absailing, and there is a gymnasium.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit is required on booking and the balance six weeks before departure date. Can be paid in the UK. Payent may also be made via Debit/Credit Cards (at a small surcharge) if required.
Changeover day is a Friday, however we will try and accommodate other changeover dates whenever possible.
Notes on prices:
Villa Kerig is a beautiful detached 3 bed 3 bathroom Villa with prices starting at £700 per week.. Please note that we can now accept payment via Debit/Credit Card.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“5 minute stroll to shops, restaurants and new beach.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bath with shower attachment over, sink basin with mirrored cabinet above and WC. Shower room 1 with shower, mirror, sink basin and WC. Shower room 2 has shower, sink with shower, sink with cupboards under, mirrored cabinet above and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Double Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom and patio door to sunny private side terrace. Bedroom 2 with kingsize bed, en-suite shower. Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds, shower room opposite. All bedrooms have wardrobes, chests and bedside lights.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Sueno Azul is in a quiet area of Callao Salvaje, on the sunny southern coast of Tenerife, which statistics show has more hours of sunlight per day than any other area on Tenerife. Villa Kerig is a 3 minute walk to the main area of hotels, bars, banks, restaurants, pharmacy, doctors, supermarkets, etc. There is a small friendly French bakers just round the corner that is highly recommended for all your fresh bread and cakes. The resort is just 10 minutes drive from the resorts of Las Americas Los Cristianos. Callao Salvaje does have some late night bars with plenty of entertainment, and is well known for having some exquisite restaurants. The taxi rank and bus stop is 5 minutes walk for those wishing to visit other areas of Tenerife. The beach, which is half sand half pebble with many rocks and a jetty that is ideal for fishing, snorkeling etc, is a 4 minute stroll away. There are two golf courses 10 minutes drive away. There is a tennis club nearby. Ideal for family holidays. Outside: The Villa is set behind its own walls with a secure lockable gate, ideal if you have small children with you. Our swimming pool has been constructed to the highest level by a local established company. The pool is fully tiled and has full steps (not a ladder) leading into the pool and is approximately 7m x 3.5m. The pool boasts underwater lighting and is cleaned and maintained on a weekly basis by a specialist pool company. There is a pool cover which can be pulled over at night to keep the pool at a warm temperature, and the pool can be heated for a small additional cost. There is plenty of outside seating on the sun terrace so you will always be able to find a quite spot to read that book you keep promising yourself you will read. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels for inside the villa provided. Total linen and towel change at the end of each week. Beach towels can be hired for a small nominal fee. The pool is professionally cleaned & maintained on a weekly basis. Other: The dining area has a glass table and 6 chairs and looks onto the private terrace and pool. There is a good sized safe which is provided for guest use at no charge. A DVD Library with over 70 DVDs is located in a glass wall cabinet within the dining area.