Villa in Hacienda Del Alamo, Costa Calida, Spain - Private Pool, Petanque Pitch Patio Bbq And Conservatory For All Weathers
This lovely villa with large garden and mature trees including a 400 year old Olive sits beside the 13th Tee looking westerly towards the mountains of Carrascoy and stunning sunsets. The resort is developing 5 star Spa Hotel and Spanish village with bar and restaurants, currently the tennis courts and driving range with the longest 18 hole golf course in Spain provide a wealth of activities and the private pool, BBQ and Petanque pitch ensure there is plenty to do. Internally all the rooms are furnished to an exceptional standard by Sevres of Cartagena and the living accommodation is spacious on one floor only with heating/air conditioning throughout. There is also a courtyard feature with lovely semi tropical plants giving a serene ambience throughout the surrounding living accommodation.
About the Owner
We live in the Scottish Borders in a quiet rural area and have been letting villas for 20 years. We stay abroad in the off season when the Scottish weather is gloomy so that we fit out the villa with all the necessary equipment that anyone including ourselves would require as a second home, including broadband internet connection etc. We also use very good local villa management services so that handing over keys, inventories and welcome packs are on hand. Also in case of emergencies they can help locally at hand with the knowledge and bilingual language efficiency skills that can deal with the sort of problems that car accidents, thefts, loss of passports, hospitals and police may occasion, which can become a nightmare if this sort of help is not available.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We would recommend the bicycles, great fun, safe, healthy with wonderful views towards the mountains and Fuente. Petanqe or Badminton next?'
Wonderful tennis facilities , and courts always available ".
We just wanted to say a proper thank you for all your help. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the villa and I’m sure we will return.The boys enjoyed the golf and we had some lovely days out in Cartagena and Mazarron as well as some nice meals in the Spaniards Inn.Diane Jones July 2013
Your house is fabulous - everything you describe on the website and more. We are having a really great time here - the pool is lovely and a real big hit with the girls. The resort is really impressive - what a shame the recession hit just when it did. The Spanish Village and the hotel and spa would've been something if it was fully in operation. We've been up to Shaun in Kennealys a few nights and over at the Spaniard Inn a couple of times too. .Neil collins august 2013
From the Owner
“When it comes to ticking boxes our villa has it all that one could wish. The airport is within 40 mins drive, the local supermarket 6 mins, the golf club restaurant and bar 5mins the beach and La Manga 40 mins. The villa is located in a very quiet cul de sac. The house sits in it's own large garden looking onto the fairway and 13th tee with only the mountains beyond. The sun is guaranteed 300 days in the year and the sunsets are stunning. the garden has Bougainvillea olive trees and exotic palms. There are four bedrooms, 2 en-suite with enough room for eight adults to wine and dine in the large dining area or huge patio overlooking the pool. We use the petanque pitch and the bicycles for a bit of fun and exercise.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
If required Jackie Gregory at Hacienda Villa Sevices can organise special interest activities in local venues.
La Manga del Mar Menor is 45 mins by car and is a famous resort strip with safe and shallow waters that offer a wide variety of water-sports. It is Europe’s largest salt water lagoon and has over 170 square kilometres of shallow warm water. A 40 minute drive could also take you to the superb beaches or rocky coastal coves at Mazarron.
San Javier (Murcia airport ) is 35 minute drive and has Jet2.com flights , one hour away at Alicante there are many more flights including Easyjet but it is that bit further to drive.
La Manga strip, Murcia City, Mazarron and lovely Cartagena are all within an hours drive. The new Cartagena - Mazarron motorway link will give access to the new shopping centre near Cartagena in less than 30 mins.
There is a weekly market in Fuente Alamo on Saturdays and on Sunday a huge market at Capo de los Palos where they have excellent restaurants around the harbour.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking, with the balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival.
Change over day is flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds and euros.
All rentals are negotiable depending numbers staying, length of stay, special requirements and year timing. Refundable deposit £220.
50% deposit secures the booking .
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa is an Arrecife 1 design, it is all on the ground floor so that it is more wheel chair friendly than any other villa at Hacienda. It has the largest open plan living area and patio of all villas at Hacienda, with a gorgeous internal courtyard filled with exotic plants providing a restful sheltered cloister from the midday sun.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with bath and separate shower. Bedroom 2 and 3 share a second bathroom with bath/shower and WC. Bedroom 4 has a shower wash and basin and WC.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, large built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers and en-suite. Bedrooms 2 and 3 with twin beds. Bedroom 4 with double bed and en-suite.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The resort is a gated community and will have Wi-Fi internet access throughout, the villa currently has a telephone line with router. There are tennis courts, golf academy and a children's playground, as well as cycle trails. When open the ‘It’ bar, Spaniards Inn restaurant and Sports Bar are on site a 5 min walk from your villa. The new conservatory gives stunning views for 365 day all weather comfort. Outside: There is a large Spanish garden with a 400 year old Olive tree, lemon tree pomegranate and Orange, there are also assorted cacti the surrounding hedge and Bouganvelia are located to ensure privacy and shelter. The Petanque pitch gives a competitive element to the otherwise tranquil setting of the private poolside environment. The large BBQ area is ideal for entertaining and the large table with Parasol and the sheltered terrace give much needed shelter from the midday sun when required. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The house is maintained by Hacienda Villa Services so it is prepared for your arrival to an international 5 star level. Extra cleaning can be arranged. Other: There is a roof terrace for complete privacy and the large Patio is ideal for BBQs and a garden table with chairs and loungers makes entertaining for larger numbers very easy.