Apartment in Sanlucar de Barrameda, Costa de la Luz - Peaceful Location Overlooking Golf Course
The apartment is in the popular and secure Sanlucar Club de Campo, quiet and overlooking an 18 hole golf course.
Sanlucar is located in Andalucia, southern Spain, on the Costa de la Luz (coast of light). North Africa is not far away. It has great sea food, fine wine, lovely beaches, a warm climate and Europe's largest biggest wildlife on its doorstep (The Donana Park).
Sanlucar is famous for its seafood and has many bars and restaurants. It also produces a unique sherry - Manzanilla. The town is lively and has very friendly atmosphere, not overcrowded with tourists.
There are many sandy beaches along the coast. Horse riding is also a major feature of the area. A large indoor shopping complex (Las Dunas) is only 5 mins drive away.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect base to see the real Spain
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Thanks for a relaxing holiday, the terrace was fantastic'
Clive Smith - Kent
'We had a great time. It was an ideal area to see Andalucia. We managed to visit Seville, Ronda, Jerez, Cadiz and Cordoba. We recommend the horse centre in Jerez. Best of all was a relaxing Gin and Tonic on the terrece watching the sunset.' - F. McMillan Paisley Scotland.
1 holidaymaker review
Perfect base to see the real Spain
This super apartment was perfect for us (couple with teenage daughter). It has everything you need - comfy furnishings, great kitchen, superb sunny terrace, beach chairs/parasol). Nice size apartment block - not too big. Lovely pool with adjoining (and extremely reasonably priced) bar serving very nice tapas! Overlooks golf course which is fairly quiet during the scorching heat of August. The surrounding area is full of vineyards. The area is famous for its delicious Manzanilla sherry. The main square of Sanlucar has a real buzz and lots of great tapas bars/restaurants. It is very reasonably priced to eat out and there is a huge choice of things to try. Jerez is nearby and a beautiful town to visit. The beaches we visited (near Chipiona) had lovely soft sand with no stones or rocks. They fill up very quickly though so best to arrive early. You can park for only 2 euros a day right beside the beach. We drove in from Gibralter airport and it was a very pleasant and easy drive. I would recommend this apartment and the area highly.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The area provides holidays suitable for the following interests:
Wildlife: Birdwatching - The Donanas is a world renowned centre. Whales and Dolphins at Tarife (45 mins).
Motor Sport: F1 testing and Moto GP world Championship at Jerez.
Ferias (Spanish Week long Festivals): Seville (April), Jerez (May), Sanlucar (May/June)
Horse Racing: World famous Sanlucar Beach Races during August.
The apartment is a 5 minute drive from the town and the beach. There are also many sandy beaches and secluded coves along the coastline, the nearest being about a 20minute drive.
Horse riding is also a major feature of the area and there are a number of local centres, many of which offer riding lessons. Sanlucar's beach is also famous for the historic horse racing in August.
The new beach front promenade is perfect for a leisurely stroll.
Jerez airport 35 min. (Ryanair and Iberia) Seville airport 1 hour.(Ryanair, clickair, BA, Easyjet.) Gibraltar airport 1 hour. Car hire is recommended and easily booked online prior to departure. Pick up and drop off at airport. A taxi from Jerez airport costs about 45 euros.
Cadiz 45 mins drive. Jerez 25 mins drive. Seville 1 hour drive. Cordoba 2 hrs drive. Gibraltar 1½ hour drive. Tarifa (Whales & dolphins) 1½ hour drive (This is where hydrofoil to North Africa leave). Granada 3½ hour drive. There are various supermarkets 5 min drive.
There are various Sherry and Brandy bodegas (all of them offer guided tours). There are also sites of historical interest, cinema, casino, Aqua Park, go-carting and bowling alley. This area is famous for wind surfing, kite surfing and local sailing school. It is also popular for fishing and boats can be chartered. The bull fighting season is July and August. The Doñana National Park which is Europe's largest wetlands, wildlife park is famous for the variety of species of birds. There is a twice daily boat trip to the park from the pier on the Bajo de Guia in Sanlucar. You can also explore the park in a safari jeep or on horseback. Some other places of interest include Seville, Jerez (Spanish riding school), Gibraltar and Granada. There are various festivals and events throughout the year in Sanlucar and the surrounding towns; tourist information will have details of all dates.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Keys will either be posted or collected on arrival (instruction will be forwarded upon payment).
Changeover day is totally flexible according to availability. All departure and arrival times will be considered, although if changeover day is shared the departing clients will be required to leave by 10.30am and incoming clients should arrive after 5pm.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Discounts available for long lets (price on application). Week end rates available (price on requests).
Prices are based on 2/3 persons. For 4/5 there is a £30 additional charge per week or part week.
There is also a £10 charge for the parking space and a £40 cleaning charge.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- One bathroom with bath/shower,WC, bidet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1-sleeps 2 (twin beds). Built in double wardrobe, full length built in cupboard with shelving. Portable fan. Bedroom 2-sleeps 2 (full sized guest bed stored under single bed) Built in double wardrobe, chest of drawers. Lounge- double bed settee.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: As this is a first floor apartment it is not suitable for people with mobility problems. Outside: Large terrace overlooking golf course, with dining table, chairs, BBQ, 2 loungers and bistro table and chairs. 2 large plants. Allocated parking space. Large secure communal swimming pool with lifeguard on duty during the Summer months. 2 communal paddle tennis courts (floodlit). Well maintained landscaped gardens. PLEASE NOTE- the pool is only available from mid June to mid September when the life guard is on duty. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen provided. Own beach towels required. Property will be cleaned before and after use. An additional cleaning charge of £40 will be added to the rental price. Other: Very large terrace (sun all day), dining area covered with dining table and 4 chairs. BBQ, loungers and small bistro table, 3 chairs. Plants. Overlooks 8th hole of golf course. Tennis rackets and balls, small lilo and boules set are available for use.